1-5-21 Mock

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No team loses games because of 1 player…but he’s given up a ton of yards and yards lead to points. Giving up points can lead to Ls.

Ok.. I don’t see him costing us games though and whatever points he’s allowing is worth it considering he guards the teams primary receiver all game and is put in awful positions but gets so many take always that turn games in our favor.

But hey let’s create this theory that these yards are leading to all these points that’s costing us games. Be my guest.

I don’t look at any of our 5 losses and think wow.. Trevon was the reason we lost.

We usually lose because our offense stinks until it’s too late in a game.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Ok.. I don’t see him costing us games though and whatever points he’s allowing is worth it considering he guards the teams primary receiver all game and is put in awful positions but gets so many take always that turn games in our favor.

But hey let’s create this theory that these yards are leading to all these points that’s costing us games. Be my guest.

I don’t look at any of our 5 losses and think wow.. Trevon was the reason we lost.

We usually lose because our offense stinks until it’s too late in a game.

I get what you’re saying, and agree, INTs are great but I think it’s crazy to discount that he’s literally leading the NFL in yards given up and that it doesn’t matter bc he has a bunch of picks.

I’ll never hang wins or losses on 1 guy…it’s a team effort and our losses have usually been a culmination of reasons across O, D, ST and even coaching.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying, and agree, INTs are great but I think it’s crazy to discount that he’s literally leading the NFL in yards given up and that it doesn’t matter bc he has a bunch of picks.

I’ll never hang wins or losses on 1 guy…it’s a team effort and our losses have usually been a culmination of reasons across O, D, ST and even coaching.

When it starts mattering I’ll be the first to say something.

We’ve been dominant in a lot of games this year and my question would be when are these yards being given up because when games are close I don’t see Diggs just getting beat over and over like some suggest.

NFL corners all get beat. All of them.

We’ve had the shut down guy like Byron Jones and everyone hated him because he didn’t make plays.

Now we got a guy that gets all the picks in the world but gives up some plays time to time and we’re acting like he’s a detriment to the team.

We aren’t losing games because of Diggs. In fact it’s the opposite.

We’re losing games because of slow starts by our offense. The guys getting paid the most have done the least since Denver unless we lined up across a garbage opponent.

I’ll blame Diggs when our offense is scoring points all game and the defense keeps allowing points. As of now our Defense > Offense.

cnuball21

Reaction score
When it starts mattering I’ll be the first to say something.

We’ve been dominant in a lot of games this year and my question would be when are these yards being given up because when games are close I don’t see Diggs just getting beat over and over like some suggest.

NFL corners all get beat. All of them.

We’ve had the shut down guy like Byron Jones and everyone hated him because he didn’t make plays.

Now we got a guy that gets all the picks in the world but gives up some plays time to time and we’re acting like he’s a detriment to the team.

We aren’t losing games because of Diggs. In fact it’s the opposite.

We’re losing games because of slow starts by our offense. The guys getting paid the most have done the least since Denver unless we lined up across a garbage opponent.

I’ll blame Diggs when our offense is scoring points all game and the defense keeps allowing points. As of now our Defense > Offense.

I think the difference of opinion here is that you think a CB giving up yards doesn’t matter and I do. Strongly disagree, and moving on.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think the difference of opinion here is that you think a CB giving up yards doesn’t matter and I do. Strongly disagree, and moving on.

I think it matters if it actually matters.

With Diggs I don’t see his yard given up hurting us in these games.

He’s done way more positive than negative. Pretty obvious to me.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah.. He didn’t cost us the Cards game though. Being inept on offense for nearly the whole game did that.

Yeah, that sword swings both ways. Someone could just as easily say the defense didn’t do it’s job to keep the game within reach.

You can’t argue one way and say Digg’s interceptions directly led to wins and then say the big plays he did give didn’t contribute to a loss.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, that sword swings both ways. Someone could just as easily say the defense didn’t do it’s job to keep the game within reach.

You can’t argue one way and say Digg’s interceptions directly led to wins and then say the big plays he did give didn’t contribute to a loss.

Yeah they could say that and they would be ignoring what the NFL is today which many like to do. Depending on your defense, especially when you’ve spent almost all of your money on offense, in this era is silly.

But hey.. People can argue it. It’s just not the reality. Defenses will get scored on. Can’t just be terrible on offense and it be a reoccurring theme in these games you fall behind in.

The Realist

Reaction score
Not necessarily, but I do think he’s vastly overrated by Cowboys fans.

PFF can be flawed at times, but I think it can be a helpful piece of the puzzle.I also watch just about every snap of every game.

What are you basing your assessment on?

Flawed would mean it’s a little off. Fact of the matter is it’s off by more than a double. Not only is Diggs not the 80th best CB in the league, he’s not the 40th or 20th. Are there 19 CB’s in the league you would want other than Diggs? If someone offered a first for Diggs would you take it?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Flawed would mean it’s a little off. Fact of the matter is it’s off by more than a double. Not only is Diggs not the 80th best CB in the league, he’s not the 40th or 20th. Are there 19 CB’s in the league you would want other than Diggs? If someone offered a first for Diggs would you take it?

Sure, I agree to an extent. I love PFF but it does evaluate some positions better than others it seems. I'd for sure put Diggs in the top 25% of NFLs CBs but I think the media vastly overrates him just because he has a lot of interceptions...I also left off he's 2nd in the NFL in penalties for a CB as well.

PFF aside, I guess we're just going off the eyeball test in which case I believe Steele is an NFL backup OT and Collins is an above average starter.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sure, I agree to an extent. I love PFF but it does evaluate some positions better than others it seems. I'd for sure put Diggs in the top 25% of NFLs CBs but I think the media vastly overrates him just because he has a lot of interceptions...I also left off he's 2nd in the NFL in penalties for a CB as well.

PFF aside, I guess we're just going off the eyeball test in which case I believe Steele is an NFL backup OT and Collins is an above average starter.

Steele could probably start for over half the teams in the league. That’s the state of NFL Olines.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Exactly..

Diggs is a game changer and a playmaker. I hope teams keep throwing at him. Whatever negative he has isn’t costing us ball games but games like the Panthers that he turned the game around have been plentiful.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah they could say that and they would be ignoring what the NFL is today which many like to do. Depending on your defense, especially when you’ve spent almost all of your money on offense, in this era is silly.

But hey.. People can argue it. It’s just not the reality. Defenses will get scored on. Can’t just be terrible on offense and it be a reoccurring theme in these games you fall behind in.

Okay, lol.