#1 FA Acquisition

Hiero

Reaction score
I think it would be Mike Vanderjagt. I think he will be gone after this year he is a FA and the Colts have to resign Edge, and Wayne, they cannot afford to pay Mike, and we can. That would fill a huge hole with a pro bowler, and if we had him this year we would have at least 3 more wins and maybe a first round bye.
We can use the draft to fill other needs like OT FS Qb maybe etc.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hiero said:
I think it would be Mike Vanderjagt. I think he will be gone after this year he is a FA and the Colts have to resign Edge, and Wayne, they cannot afford to pay Mike, and we can. That would fill a huge hole with a pro bowler, and if we had him this year we would have at least 3 more wins and maybe a first round bye.
We can use the draft to fill other needs like OT FS Qb maybe etc.

IF Adam V is available I rank him ahead of Vanderbra...I think, although I may be wrong, that Adams Kickoffs are better and that is a big plus considering he was doing it in an outdoor cold weather area while vaderbra was doing it in a dome for home games.

Plus I doubt anyone could debate that Adam is Clutch when the games are on the line..

However I guess it is all moot if the Pats franchise him or sign him to a new contract.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
yeah. two of the best teams in the league are going to let their very good kickers go. yep, I see that happening.

can we have some realistic FA ideas yet or are we still at the fantasy stage?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc said:
yeah. two of the best teams in the league are going to let their very good kickers go. yep, I see that happening.

can we have some realistic FA ideas yet or are we still at the fantasy stage?

Vanderbra will not be a colt next season.....Now Adam may be a Patriot...but the colts will not keep Vanderbra.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Vanderbra will not be a colt next season.....Now Adam may be a Patriot...but the colts will not keep Vanderbra.

but would we want him?

yes he's a good kicker. but he's also a guy who has been a problem in the locker room. I can't see BP wanting that out of his kicker.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

oh yeah. he's also going to be 36 when the season starts. about the age when guys start to lose range.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
If Parcells is still here next season i doubt that he goes after Vanderjact (whatever his name is) because he isnt good in kickoff and Parcells dosent like that but we do get him but not over pay him.

Hiero

Reaction score
Didnt realize he will be 36 next year but look at his numbers for 2005:

1-1 from 1-19 yards
9-9 20-29 yards
6-7 30-39 yards
6-7 40-49 yards
0-0 from 50+ yards
that's still almost perfect, I am pretty sure he will be gone after the season and I would love to get him. I think for the Pats no way do they let Vinateiri go.

Trip

Reaction score
I would love either of those two kickers.

At least 34 yarders wouldn't be a problem!

Hiero

Reaction score
Trip said:
I would love either of those two kickers.

At least 34 yarders wouldn't be a problem!
nothing would be a problem for vanderjagt except maybe 50+ yarders.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Sorry boys...

LeBentley Charles, C, New Orleans Saints

They drop the ball and don't sign guy, this should be the first dollars we use in free agency.

And while this will start a fire storm, my second acquisition would be Terrell Owens.

If you take the off-field antics away and look at this player from purely a between the lines aspect, you will see a productive guy who would take the double team from Terry Glenn.

His stock is down and he needs to recapture the reputation as a big time play maker before he is too old to cash in on a huge contract.

One more slip up and he will be the highest paid player in the Canadian Football League.

Incentive laden that pays him the league minimum, but can balloon to the highest pauid WR in the league.

This is just my opinion. I don't give a rat's rump what he did on the Star.

Every time a player spikes the ball in Texas Stadium, they are doing the very same thing.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I think Ryan Longwell of GB is a very realistic option.

He's money all though he had an off year this year along with the rest of the Pack.

Probably the cheapest of the 3 as well.

Bizwah

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
Sorry boys...

They drop the ball and don't sign guy, this should be the first dollars we use in free agency.

And while this will start a fire storm, my second acquisition would be Terrell Owens.

If you take the off-field antics away and look at this player from purely a between the lines aspect, you will see a productive guy who would take the double team from Terry Glenn.

His stock is down and he needs to recapture the reputation as a big time play maker before he is too old to cash in on a huge contract.

One more slip up and he will be the highest paid player in the Canadian Football League.

Incentive laden that pays him the league minimum, but can balloon to the highest pauid WR in the league.

Every time a player spikes the ball in Texas Stadium, they are doing the very same thing.

Totally agree here......Bentley would be the best center since Donaldson (or, Stepnoski in his prime). He'll ask for big bucks, but I think it would be worth it.

I'd also take a long look at Hutchinson or Fabini. Both would greatly upgrade the OL.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Do any of you actually watch Bentley play? He just isn't all that.

and Hutchinson. Come on. He's the best guard in the league. This guy is the kind of talent that comes into the league once every 10 years or so. He's the Larry Allen of his generation. He isn't getting away from Seattle.

now Fabini -- there's a guy who we might look at for the right price. but I'm more inclined to think we go with a younger C-G guy (e.g., Hartwig) and look at tackles in the 2nd round of the draft.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
my second acquisition would be Terrell Owens.

Guess what. Nobody is going to take an incentive-laden deal for the minimum. That just isn't ever going to fly in the NFL. Guys get hurt all the time -- if they don't have the salary or SB money to protect them they are screwed.

That's fantasy talk. pure and simple.

Hiero

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
Sorry boys...

I think he would bea good pickup, but I see the saints maybe franchising him, or maybe the NFL will help them out someway to keep their FA's because they ahve said that they might.