#1 FA Acquisition

Bizwah

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Do any of you actually watch Bentley play? He just isn't all that.

As a matter of fact, I have. Sunday Ticket's great!

He's a fine C, and a major upgrade.

and Hutchinson. Come on. He's the best guard in the league. This guy is the kind of talent that comes into the league once every 10 years or so. He's the Larry Allen of his generation. He isn't getting away from Seattle.

Seattle has to try to resign Alexander, don't they? You're probably right, though. Not only that, I see us standing pat at G. I think we'll give Rivera another shot.

Nothing wrong with dreaming.....

now Fabini -- there's a guy who we might look at for the right price. but I'm more inclined to think we go with a younger C-G guy (e.g., Hartwig) and look at tackles in the 2nd round of the draft.

I don't mind looking at OTs in the draft. This will be a good year for them.

Trip

Reaction score
If we want an OT in the draft we might be able to get Jonathan Scott or Eric Winston, one of them could fall to us. D'Brickashaw will obviously be long gone. The USC kid seems to be going pretty high on a lot of mocks, too. Might be a good year to get an OT.

It will be interesting to see if we take an OT in the first round, or wait and get an OG in the second round. I think we spend one of our top two picks on an offensive lineman.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Trip said:
If we want an OT in the draft we might be able to get Jonathan Scott or Eric Winston, one of them could fall to us. D'Brickashaw will obviously be long gone. The USC kid seems to be going pretty high on a lot of mocks, too. Might be a good year to get an OT.

It will be interesting to see if we take an OT in the first round, or wait and get an OG in the second round. I think we spend one of our top two picks on an offensive lineman.

There's talk that even Marcus McNeil will drop to round 2.

I also like Joe Thomas of Wisconsin. He's 6-8 300 pounds, pretty athletic. He's supposed to declare....but we won't know until Jan.

Trip

Reaction score
This might be the year to grab an OT. We have other needs to be sure, but if we don't plan on picking real high again for a few years, there are so many good ones this year.....

Hailmary

Reaction score
if vinateri and vanderjagt are both resigned or decide to go somewhere else, I wouldn't mind using a second day pick on this Connor Hughes kid from Virginia.

I was watching the game today and he seemed to have been pretty clutch throughout his collegiate career.

on the flipside, anyone see the kicker for Northwestern? Wow. Just wow...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
1.Vinetieri
2.LeCharles Bentley
3.Az Hakim
4.John Abraham

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hailmary said:
if vinateri and vanderjagt are both resigned or decide to go somewhere else, I wouldn't mind using a second day pick on this Connor Hughes kid from Virginia.

I was watching the game today and he seemed to have been pretty clutch throughout his collegiate career.

on the flipside, anyone see the kicker for Northwestern? Wow. Just wow...
Or I would even think of going for this kid Mason Crosby, you can pick him up in the 5th round. The kid makes 50 yarders like they're 20 yarders.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
1.Vinetieri
2.LeCharles Bentley
3.Az Hakim
4.John Abraham

Dallas could have signed Az Hakim this year and passed. I doubt they sign him next year.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
junk said:
Dallas could have signed Az Hakim this year and passed. I doubt they sign him next year.
Probably won't, but with his speed and Glenn's speed, it would totally create problems for defenders. (plus he won't cost much)

Hey, we've been able to win with the receivers we have. We can draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th, and pick up Hakim for speed and to take some pressure off of Glenn, and let the rookies sit and watch for a year and it will allow us the financial flexibility to get a kicker and a center/free safety.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Probably won't, but with his speed and Glenn's speed, it would totally create problems for defenders. (plus he won't cost much)

Hey, we've been able to win with the receivers we have. We can draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th, and pick up Hakim for speed and to take some pressure off of Glenn, and let the rookies sit and watch for a year and it will allow us the financial flexibility to get a kicker and a center/free safety.

You know, I'm a Muslim like Hakim, I think stay out of ignorant land.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
abersonc said:
You know, I'm a Muslim like Hakim, I think stay out of ignorant land.
My husband is a Muslim and was in Dallas for ten days before Christmas last year. He doesn't wear any clothing that would signify him as such, but he was accompanied by my mom-in-law who wears the hijab, and was dying to shop at the REAL Neiman Marcus.

I had some trepidations about their trip, based on that terribly ignorant greeting that family in Muslim dress received at Texas Stadium a year ago when they won some sort of prize. But the mob sentiment (fueled by booze)that usually generates such herd like responses wasn't anything like the warm welcome my hubby and his mom received wherever they went.

I don't think a player with a Muslim name would have to fear any undue hostility from Cowboys fans. I think we can safely explain that unseemly display in Texas Stadium away as an anamoly.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
abersonc said:
yeah. two of the best teams in the league are going to let their very good kickers go. yep, I see that happening.

can we have some realistic FA ideas yet or are we still at the fantasy stage?

I agree. I dont see either kicker leaving.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I dont know about anything.

I am just interested in upgrading every position that held this team hostage in 2005.

I have never seen Lecharles Bentley play, how old is he and is he considered among the best at his position? I am not interested in guys that have seen their better days.

Our biggest needs is a Offensive Tackle and a Kicker, I dont care how and where you get em, it must be taken care of.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I know is that if either kicker was a Cowboy this year we would have already qualified for the playoffs.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I think Ryan Longwell of GB is a very realistic option.

He's money all though he had an off year this year along with the rest of the Pack.

Probably the cheapest of the 3 as well.

...ding,ding,ding...we have a winner.

Go for a kicker who has proven himself in adverse conditions - cold weather on natural turf - and offer him a chance to further his career in a dome stadium.