#1 FA Acquisition

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Or I would even think of going for this kid Mason Crosby, you can pick him up in the 5th round. The kid makes 50 yarders like they're 20 yarders.

...50yarders everyone is worried about, but rather the 30 yarders. Big leg is useless if it's inconsistent.

I don't know anything about Mason, but we need consistency to capitalize on the close games our defence delivers.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I say we avoid all USC OT's :D

Yeah, Rogers was a bust, but Justice has played RT his whole college career and could fill in immediately

AbeBeta

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
My husband is a Muslim and was in Dallas for ten days before Christmas last year. He doesn't wear any clothing that would signify him as such, but he was accompanied by my mom-in-law who wears the hijab, and was dying to shop at the REAL Neiman Marcus.

I had some trepidations about their trip, based on that terribly ignorant greeting that family in Muslim dress received at Texas Stadium a year ago when they won some sort of prize. But the mob sentiment (fueled by booze)that usually generates such herd like responses wasn't anything like the warm welcome my hubby and his mom received wherever they went.

I don't think a player with a Muslim name would have to fear any undue hostility from Cowboys fans. I think we can safely explain that unseemly display in Texas Stadium away as an anamoly.

That's good to hear. I hate to see an entire religion denigrated because a handful of folks who happen to share that background do crazy things. But that Texas stadium incident really sticks in my mind. It is embarassing.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Guess what. Nobody is going to take an incentive-laden deal for the minimum. That just isn't ever going to fly in the NFL. Guys get hurt all the time -- if they don't have the salary or SB money to protect them they are screwed.

That's fantasy talk. pure and simple.

I guess when the poll of all the GM's in the league suggested they wouldn't touch this guy with a ten foot pole, that doesn't suggest his stock has dropped further than Rosanne's boobs.

Sorry, he just ain't all that because of what he did to the Eagles.

He needs to do some fence mending.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Vanderbra will not be a colt next season.....Now Adam may be a Patriot...but the colts will not keep Vanderbra.

why do you keep calling him Vanderbra?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Absolutely agree, this team needs a reliable, veteran kicker and I really don't care whether it's Vinatieri or Vanderjagt (though I suspect Bill's preference will be for the former). Pay him whatever it takes.

We can discuss ad naseum who Dallas needs to draft, how many players they are away, etc, but no one can argue that the 2005 Dallas Cowboys were a Vanderjagt away from 13-3.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
davidyee said:
...50yarders everyone is worried about, but rather the 30 yarders. Big leg is useless if it's inconsistent.

I don't know anything about Mason, but we need consistency to capitalize on the close games our defence delivers.
If I read right, and at the moment I'm too lazy to check, I think he's perfect within 40 yards.

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
I dont know about you guys but i would really like to have a nasty strong side 3-4 OLB think of the blitzes and exotic packages we could run with a damarcus ware and a lavar arrington at opposite 3-4 OLBS's.....MAJOR PRESSURE ON QB's!!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
bigdrulez3141 said:
I dont know about you guys but i would really like to have a nasty strong side 3-4 OLB think of the blitzes and exotic packages we could run with a damarcus ware and a lavar arrington at opposite 3-4 OLBS's.....MAJOR PRESSURE ON QB's!!!
I like it alot. Teams wouldn't know where we were coming from. They could put them both on the same side at times in the game. oMgosh

Hiero

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
1.Vinetieri
2.LeCharles Bentley
3.Az Hakim
4.John Abraham
az hakim? Terry Glenn is way better and az hakim is an overpaid has been, Glenn can still be productive, and if we are going to get any wr it will be TO or a rookie. Abraham is going to be too expensive.

Hiero

Reaction score
bigdrulez3141 said:
honestly I would prefer arrington to abraham. he is a bit younger and very athletic. he still has many years to come

Hiero

Reaction score
abersonc said:
yeah. two of the best teams in the league are going to let their very good kickers go. yep, I see that happening.

can we have some realistic FA ideas yet or are we still at the fantasy stage?
do you know how many fa's the colts will have after this year? Robert mathis, reggie wayne, edgerrin james, etc. they will probably not have enough money to pay him. Vinateiri I agree is not going to happen though.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hiero said:
az hakim? Terry Glenn is way better and az hakim is an overpaid has been, Glenn can still be productive, and if we are going to get any wr it will be TO or a rookie. Abraham is going to be too expensive.
I didn't say anything about getting rid of Glenn, Hakim is the third receiver or 4th. Someone who can line up next to Glenn and cause Havoc, they have to double one of the other going deep.