1 gotta to go

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love grits and it hurts my heart when I hear people don't like them, but when I went to basic training in the Air Force many years ago I found a lot of people couldn't stand them; especially Northerners. Anyway, I could do without OJ. I can't drink it because of blood sugar levels so it's an easy choice for me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Story time. My hometown is not large enough for an IHOP but is graced with a Huddle House. For anyone not familiar with the chain but have eaten at a Waffle House, it is the same restaurant basically.

So I ordered grits for breakfast on my first visit to the nearly opened establishment. Long story short, the grits sucked. They were so watery that a scoop barely stayed in the spoon. Yuck.

A little while afterwards, my wife and I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas. We hit the buffet for breakfast.

I was not expecting it but there were a couple of trays of grits prepared. One was plain and the other was buttered. Stuck a ladling spoon in the buttered tray. They were thick grits. Said to myself, "Self. Royal Caribbean is the best!"

Had a Huddle House flashback while I was stuffing my piehole and chuckled. Here we are. Hundreds of miles away from home, out on the open sea and lucked into some cook who knows how to COOK grits! I almost spit out grits laughing about it. :) Thankfully I didn't. That would have been disgusting. :(

:laugh:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Grits are great if made the right way, can be sweet or savory. I make a mean blackened shrimp in a brown-butter sauce over Parmesan grits :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Story time. My hometown is not large enough for an IHOP but is graced with a Huddle House. For anyone not familiar with the chain but have eaten at a Waffle House, it is the same restaurant basically.

So I ordered grits for breakfast on my first visit to the nearly opened establishment. Long story short, the grits sucked. They were so watery that a scoop barely stayed in the spoon. Yuck.

A little while afterwards, my wife and I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas. We hit the buffet for breakfast.

I was not expecting it but there were a couple of trays of grits prepared. One was plain and the other was buttered. Stuck a ladling spoon in the buttered tray. They were thick grits. Said to myself, "Self. Royal Caribbean is the best!"

Had a Huddle House flashback while I was stuffing my piehole and chuckled. Here we are. Hundreds of miles away from home, out on the open sea and lucked into some cook who knows how to COOK grits! I almost spit out grits laughing about it. :) Thankfully I didn't. That would have been disgusting. :(

Judging by the name Huddle House, I think breakfast is just a cover story.

nobody

Reaction score

My wife loves the grits from Waffle House. I wouldn't know. I refuse to eat grits. :laugh: