1 player from each side of the ball that would make the most impact

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I am looking for opinions on which player on each side of the ball would make the most impact in this draft.

Mine
Offense - Treadwell

Tempting to go with Elliott but I think the difference between Treadwell and Williams and Elliott and McFadden is larger.

Defense - A'Shawn Robinson

This one was tougher because there are several positions that need to be impacted. LB, CB, SS but ultimately I went with the DT. I just think he would help the LB's and Crawford and make the D-line a complete unit which would also impact the secondary. He improves each level of the defense.

Your opinion?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Elliott and Robinson. To me there arent any real difference makers at Safety in this draft

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Elliott and Robinson. To me there arent any real difference makers at Safety in this draft

I have a suspicion that Jayron Kearse is going to be moving up some boards. 6-5 Ballhawk that can also play the run very well. A very good tackler. Byron Jones and Jayron Kearse manning the safety positions would make me very happy.

ghst187

Reaction score
Easy
O: Elliott, not even close IMO although long term I might say Goff
D: Robinson with a backup as Billings. Collapsing the pocket over center will impact more plays than a great DB which I don't think there are many of in this draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have a suspicion that Jayron Kearse is going to be moving up some boards. 6-5 Ballhawk that can also play the run very well. A very good tackler. Byron Jones and Jayron Kearse manning the safety positions would make me very happy.

That height could be problematic though. Change of direction may be an issue. But I think Kearse would make more of an impact then Ramsey would and he wouldnt cost the a top 5 pick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Easy
O: Elliott, not even close IMO although long term I might say Goff
D: Robinson with a backup as Billings. Collapsing the pocket over center will impact more plays than a great DB which I don't think there are many of in this draft

There are very good DBs. No great ones. I think the early 2nd is prime DB territory for us

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
That height could be problematic though. Change of direction may be an issue. But I think Kearse would make more of an impact then Ramsey would and he wouldnt cost the a top 5 pick

Your concerns are the reason I like him as a SS more than a FS. I hope he is available in the 2nd when we pick but I bet he ends up going in the 1st rd when all is said and done.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Would love if Sa'u Craven fell to the second round, I think he is the closest player I have seen to Darren Woodson since Darren Woodson. A lb's mentality with safety cover skills. I love the guy especially when there is need for a player like him in our secondary.

A Qb to fill the back up role while being groomed to take the franchise over in a few years is the most important offensive player we need.

Reactions: BAT

BermyStar

Reaction score
Offense:
Long term Goff. Since I think this is a short term question I'll go with Treadwell since Goff wont start and as mentioned above McFadden has shown he can be a viable enough option at RB whereas we have no true threat WR outside of Dez.

Defense:
Jack, This guy roaming as a playmaking SS or LB would be a nightmare with Sean Lee or Byron Jones.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Would love if Sa'u Craven fell to the second round, I think he is the closest player I have seen to Darren Woodson since Darren Woodson. A lb's mentality with safety cover skills. I love the guy especially when there is need for a player like him in our secondary.

A Qb to fill the back up role while being groomed to take the franchise over in a few years is the most important offensive player we need.

Cravens could be in our grasp in the 2nd. Was reading some former scouts thoughts on him and they was saying he will be somewhere completely different on every teams boards. He will have 1st round to 3rd round grades on him depending on the team. He quickly became my favorite Safety in this years draft. I do have a feeling he would fit perfectly in Arizona's hybrid defense scheme. I hope we can get him in the 2nd tho.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
BPA at Any of the following:

A) Offense
QB
WR
RB

B) Defense
1-Tech
CB
FS
LB

C)
RT
KR

50cent

Reaction score
I am looking for opinions on which player on each side of the ball would make the most impact in this draft.

Mine
Offense - Treadwell

Tempting to go with Elliott but I think the difference between Treadwell and Williams and Elliott and McFadden is larger.

Defense - A'Shawn Robinson

This one was tougher because there are several positions that need to be impacted. LB, CB, SS but ultimately I went with the DT. I just think he would help the LB's and Crawford and make the D-line a complete unit which would also impact the secondary. He improves each level of the defense.

Your opinion?

Agree with Treadwell and have your cake too in Rd 3 with DT Vernon Butler

ghst187

Reaction score
Our 2nd round pick is a bit rich for Booker IMO, but I don't value him as high as others. I prefer Collins

I like Collins a lot but I don't think he has the shiftiness or speed I'd prefer. Have Collins as my #3 RB after Elliott and Booker.
I agree that early second is early for Booker, maybe a late second because this draft is in no way containing the RB depth that last year did hence upping his price tag.