#1 reason we are 2-4, and no one is talking about It

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep. You can create turnovers with your offense, too, by putting teams behind and forcing them to become predictable. Defenses create them by stopping the running game and putting teams in negative down-and-distance situations.

Otherwise, it's a bit of a crapshoot.

This is so true.

Teams are not going to risk the ball or do much downfield throwing that causes sacks and turnovers unless you have a lead.

Sacks and picks come whenever your winning for the most part.

Especially a team like NYG. Eli plays small ball against us everytime we play those guys.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This OP is short and sweet.

We have THREE (3) 3!!!!!!! takeaways in SIX (6) 6!!!!! games.

We have 12 turnovers.

We are DEAD last in the league in takeaways AND turnover differential -NINE (-9) -9!!!!!!

Injuries aside, this is the #1 reason we are 2-4. You don't win in this league EVER being dead last in this category.

That is all. Case closed.

To my eyes, the only reason not being talked to exhaustion has been our tough early season schedule. I say tough not just because of the calibur of teams, but because of the number of division games played already.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No one wants to admit it but most turnovers happen because of carelessness by the opposing team or quarterback. Last season, we had a lot of fumbles go our way and did it at a successful rate.

Agreed. Fans make it seem as if turnovers are easy to get. They're not. Guys are learning how to hold the ball so it doesn't get stripped as easy.

Moreover, look at who we've played against at the quarterback position over the past weeks:

Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Eli Manning. Three experienced Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks and a No. 1 overall pick. They didn't have to take as many chances because they knew if they kept the game close, they'd win at the end because we weren't doing anything on offense.

And who has been giving up the ball for the Cowboys? Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel.

I think the turnovers will come when Romo gets back. But if you're basically playing a conservative offense or a tired defense (which ours has been over the past few weeks), you're going to be more careful and less risky.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Get out of here with that weak argument. One of the passes tipped off his receivers hands and their fumble was a botched snap. The Lee pick was the only hard earned one.

We all know the offense is poor but they've been good enough to keep the team in games while having to start from the 20 every single drive.

The point is the Cowboys 3 takeaways vs Philly came after the team was already up by 13 points. The loss of Romo is the #1 reason the Cowboys haven't won a game since. As for the defense it's been a combination of not getting turnovers, having issues with tackling, a lack of a pass rush and not stopping the pass and the run.

Last edited:

ilykdrama

Reaction score
well in all fairness, they played pretty decently on Sunday, but Cassell threw a pick 6 and then ST gave up another 7. Those 14 points are not on the D. If you hold an opponent to 13, you should win the game.

Yeah, totally get that. Just frustrating to see no turnovers at all. Nothing even remotely near a turnover. But we don't have a ballhawk on our entire defense. Our ballhawk is watching from home on the couch with a bum knee.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
No the #1 reason we are 2-4 is because of our lack of offense and Romo and Dez being hurt. Cleveland Browns were 4th in the league in turnovers and they were 7-9 last year.

Exactly! Living in Cleveland I saw a lot of Browns games last year. Their defense created turnovers but their horrible offense couldn't do anything with it. The #1 reason is Romo and Dez going down and it's not even close imo.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yeah, totally get that. Just frustrating to see no turnovers at all. Nothing even remotely near a turnover. But we don't have a ballhawk on our entire defense. Our ballhawk is watching from home on the couch with a bum knee.

oh I know and agree, our DBs do not play the ball and when it comes near them, they drop it

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
The only thing I see the media talking about is how sorry of an organization we are for the way we are handling Greg Hardy and for picking him up in the first place. Its like he's the only player in the NFL to ever get in trouble..

Aven8

Reaction score
With no short fields, and the horrible ST's return game making us drive the ball at least 80 yards almost every time is killing this team. I'm not so sure Romo and Dez could overcome any of this. Until they start getting some expect the same. They have dropped 10 INT's for the season so maybe Marinelli needs to put them on the jugs machine!!!

garyv

Reaction score

We have 12 turnovers.

We are DEAD last in the league in takeaways AND turnover differential -NINE (-9) -9!!!!!!

Injuries aside, this is the #1 reason we are 2-4. You don't win in this league EVER being dead last in this category.

I've talked about it over and over even in another thread our last turnover was 4 games ago when we picked off Bradford.
Our Defense does not create turnovers which hurts our offense even more.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

We have 12 turnovers.

Well is this a coaching issue?
Are they playing the wrong players?

Are they turning over too much? or just not getting enough TO ??
I think maybe both and the coaching.
Our guys have dropped at least 4 ints, so they evidently dont have those guys practice catching balls.

It all comes back to how they are coached.

Zordon

Reaction score
What do you mean nobody is talking about it? I made 3 threads about it in the last week. You ignoring me patna?

reddyuta

Reaction score
they are not even forcing fumbles.last year Church was an animal who used to go for the strip with ferocious zeal but now he looks timid and misses tackles.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
It's amazing how out of 32 teams we manage to find ourselves dead last in this stat...our of all those teams it has to be us...disturbing and frustrating.

MagicMan

Reaction score
It's a combination of things. Horrific quarterback play, a lot of dropped balls, lack of a run game until last week, banged up offensive line, patchwork defensive line for a few weeks, the turnovers, and lack of explosive plays on special teams.

OH NOOOOO.........WE SUCK AGAIN.....:mad:

dallasdave

Reaction score
It's a combination of things. Horrific quarterback play, a lot of dropped balls, lack of a run game until last week, banged up offensive line, patchwork defensive line for a few weeks, the turnovers, and lack of explosive plays on special teams.

:thumbup:

triplets92

Reaction score

We have 12 turnovers.

Maybe Coach Rod's scheme is not a good fit with the players that we have.