1 Round GM Mock... (w/rest of Dallas Picks)

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;3846171 said:
Deunta Williams is the best safety in this draft, and it's not close.

I'm hoping we can get him, but I wouldn't mind adding a serviceable veteran at a low cost as well, especially because we need immediate production.

In my dream scenario we have Church and D. Williams lining up at Safety for us for the next 5-10 years.

gotta agree Casmith as far FS go

his is IMO

I'd throw Tyler Sash, SS, Iowa in the mix at SS

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
blindzebra;3846241 said:
I guess you guys weren't buying the Von Miller hype.;)

Haha, I noticed that too.

There are a couple of picks worth questioning, such as the Pats taking Phil Taylor in the 1st round when they took Ron Brace in the 2nd just a couple of years ago, but it's an interesting exercise.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
casmith07;3846171 said:
Deunta Williams is the best safety in this draft, and it's not close.

I'm hoping we can get him, but I wouldn't mind adding a serviceable veteran at a low cost as well, especially because we need immediate production.

In my dream scenario we have Church and D. Williams lining up at Safety for us for the next 5-10 years.

And where's AOA in this scenario CB??? Or gone???

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
SDogo;3845967 said:
Carter is not very physical and the more I watch of him the less I like him (need to update my mock in my sig:D)

Love Williams but I wonder how much he will be ready to contribute this year, esp with any kind of NFL lockout. The time he would miss would be disaster for him. Dallas needs someone who can play now.

Aaron Williams needs fundamental work bad. As a natural athlete he can work the Zone and excels in man but if he's forced to turn and run he has very sloppy hips and is slow in transition. He will drive fans crazy, esp those in Dallas because he loves to play off the ball.......well off the ball and a lot of that is because he knows his limitations that I just described. He will also pull a Mike Jenkins in run support. He's not a very physical player.

You know, a name at SS that has been lost in the mix lately is Clemson SS DeAndre McDaniel. I'm starting to go back and re watch game film on him. He was such a hot name early.

McDaniel virtually disappeared this year. I'm not sure why although the entire team tanked with a few exceptions. Other than Bowers the pass rush was marginal, the LBers were pathetic, and the secondary struggled at times although the front seven were not a lot of help. Supposedly the DB coach at Clemson is pretty good not great. So I think McDaniel's relative poor showing this year is multifactorial. He is a sleeper who will likely improve his stock some at the combine. I'd say 4th round maybe 3rd unless he catches fire at the combine. He was projected a low first early 2nd round pick after his junior year. Is he another Michael Hamlin?