1-Tech -- 1 Tech --- 1 - Tech

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Give Us your Top 5 pocket collapsers and run stuffers, With breakdown and analysis...

Many like that big cat from Baylor...

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Give Us your Top 5 pocket collapsers and run stuffers, With breakdown and analysis...

Kenny Clark, UCLA
Chris Jones, Miss. St.
Jarran Reed & AShawn Robinson, Alabama
Ethan Johnson, PSU

Best combo's of run-stuffer/pocket pusher possibly in the draft.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Said in a diff thread but Antwaun Woods out USC. currently with a 6th round grade. He will rise up boards after the combine and as we get closer to the draft. I hope they would strongly consider him with our 4th round comp pick if hes still on board.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I am tired of this super quick 3-technique guys, need a run stuffer that can't be moved out of the middle and let the other people chase to the RB or QB

I agree - I have ALWAYS believed a true NT is the biggest help to a 3T. The 3T will almost always be in 1-on-1 situations. When you look at T. Crawford this year, there have been too many times where he has had to battle 2 guys because Hayden doesn't command that respect.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I like Maranelli, but hate the fact he doesn't seem to like the idea of a traditional one tech. I wouldn't mind either of the Alabama guys, Clark or the kid from Penn St myself.

Mebane would be a major target in free agency for me to boot.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I like Maranelli, but hate the fact he doesn't seem to like the idea of a traditional one tech. I wouldn't mind either of the Alabama guys, Clark or the kid from Penn St myself.

Mebane would be a major target in free agency for me to boot.

many agree

ghst187

Reaction score

Billings, yeah he's really good, fat plugger that is lightning quick off the snap and too strong for anyone to block one on one. Not saying I buy this but I did hear announcers compare him to Aaron Donald because of his quickness but said Billings was much stronger. He's in the backfield a lot. I'd love to have him but he will be gone by the early second round at the LATEST

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I just thinking about the top of the draft, it could go 6-7 deep at Blue chip prospects. So our chances of gaining one of those is very high. Who knows at this stage where we will end up drafting but one of those blue chippers would be Robert Nkemdiche 296 pounds now. Imagine if Both QB's are gone (lynch and Goff) both CB's are gone (Ramsey and Hargreaves) Bosa gone, What if it came down to either Tunsil as a RT (Another 1st round O-lineman ?) or Nkemdiche !
Could he finally be the DT that Marinelli would like ?
But - at 296 now, is he more of a 3-tech. then a 1-tech.
Also, there is still Treadwell and Jack sitting there ..... as long as we are picking say in the top 6-7 spots I think we will come away with a really good prospect, and there is a chance it may be a DT ....

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd take Smith over Jack if I went LB. Smith is more versatile. But I think I am leaning towards Nkemdiche if he's there. He's a freak athlete at the DT spot.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I'd take Smith over Jack if I went LB. Smith is more versatile. But I think I am leaning towards Nkemdiche if he's there. He's a freak athlete at the DT spot.

I agree, especially considering the success Bruce Carter had in this system. Smith will be a vast improvement over Carter and offer a tremendous amount of athleticism in the second level of the D. I take Nkemdiche if the two on the board, however, and think he might a 1st Rd DT that Marinelli will be willing to sign off on.

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW, I like Jack too but my concerns are............ he's coming off a knee injury and he seems like he's best suited for Will. Smith has basically moved around and played both inside and outside and seems a bit more versatile.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I agree, especially considering the success Bruce Carter had in this system. Smith will be a vast improvement over Carter and offer a tremendous amount of athleticism in the second level of the D. I take Nkemdiche if the two on the board, however, and think he might a 1st Rd DT that Marinelli will be willing to sign off on.

As I said above, I agree with this thinking. My only concern would be if Marinelli took him, is he another 3-tech and not a 1-tech. We can't line up 2 3-techs together Crawford and Nkemdiche would be too light.
Now if they took him, then came back with say our compensatory 4th rounder and grabbed a true 1-tech - I would be ecstatic !

JeffInDC

Reaction score
As I said above, I agree with this thinking. My only concern would be if Marinelli took him, is he another 3-tech and not a 1-tech. We can't line up 2 3-techs together Crawford and Nkemdiche would be too light.
Now if they took him, then came back with say our compensatory 4th rounder and grabbed a true 1-tech - I would be ecstatic !

Why CAN'T you line up 2 3T's together. I think many people would salivate at the thought of having 2 3T's together. Detroit had a combo very close to that with Suh and Fairley - 2 big, strong, QUICK guys that could tie up running lanes and push the pocket/rush the passer. Probably gives you much more versatility.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Why CAN'T you line up 2 3T's together. I think many people would salivate at the thought of having 2 3T's together. Detroit had a combo very close to that with Suh and Fairley - 2 big, strong, QUICK guys that could tie up running lanes and push the pocket/rush the passer. Probably gives you much more versatility.

Because Crawford is already a beefed up DE at 294ish and Nkemkiche has beefed up from 281 to 296 how much bigger can he get and stay quick twitch - which Marinelii would demand. Both the 2 Detroit players were much bigger than either of our (possible) 2. We would get run over in the running game, is why. Nether one would demand a double team which is what you want ... as I said, Nkemdiche is probably tops of my wish list right now, but we still would need that big body 1-tech.
Guess we will see as we go thru the process.

Cebrin

Reaction score

Nkemdiche is slated at 298 right now.