1-Tech -- 1 Tech --- 1 - Tech

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I hate the quick twitch Marinelli refers to. You can't look at that attribute go across the board with, especially with the 1T. That spot needs to go to a player that can anchor that spot and get push off the line, commanding double teams. The only twitch Hayden has is when he's on his back.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I hate the quick twitch Marinelli refers to. You can't look at that attribute go across the board with, especially with the 1T. That spot needs to go to a player that can anchor that spot and get push off the line, commanding double teams. The only twitch Hayden has is when he's on his back.

Your preaching to the choir my friend !

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Billings, yeah he's really good, fat plugger that is lightning quick off the snap and too strong for anyone to block one on one. Not saying I buy this but I did hear announcers compare him to Aaron Donald because of his quickness but said Billings was much stronger. He's in the backfield a lot. I'd love to have him but he will be gone by the early second round at the LATEST

I think that is a pretty good comparison. I like the player and he is about at the stage where Donald was in the mock draft world. He was ranked in the 20s, but then by the time the Senior Bowl rolled around, he was pretty much out of reach.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I agree, especially considering the success Bruce Carter had in this system. Smith will be a vast improvement over Carter and offer a tremendous amount of athleticism in the second level of the D. I take Nkemdiche if the two on the board, however, and think he might a 1st Rd DT that Marinelli will be willing to sign off on.

I think we are far more apt to take a LBer based on how we have scouted the past few years. Seems to be where the emphasis is.

We looked hard at players like Barr, Shazier, Shaq Thompson, McKinney and Kendricks in the past two drafts, even with the "talent" we already had.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
If Treadwell is available, I'd have a hard time passing on him. Dez and Treadwell would look great together.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I think we are far more apt to take a LBer based on how we have scouted the past few years. Seems to be where the emphasis is.

We looked hard at players like Barr, Shazier, Shaq Thompson, McKinney and Kendricks in the past two drafts, even with the "talent" we already had.

We need a 1-Tech that can shade the LB's...

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score

You are right and that explains the interest in Jack

reddyuta

Reaction score
we need to ignore Marinelli and draft a good Nt in rd3 or 4.I give up if i see Hayden play for us next season.

chuch

Reaction score
A'shawn Robinson is an absolutely dominant player. Great technique solid, solid anchor, and the consummate professional.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I like Maranelli, but hate the fact he doesn't seem to like the idea of a traditional one tech. I wouldn't mind either of the Alabama guys, Clark or the kid from Penn St myself.

Mebane would be a major target in free agency for me to boot.

I don't have a problem with not going with a traditional 1-tech.

Darren McFadden doesn't have 1,000 rushing yards at this point and is FIFTH in the league in rushing yards.

This league doesn't really run the ball anymore. It's pass after pass after pass. And we have people here that demand a 2-down player to stop the run at the 1-tech. I'd rather find another guy that can pass rush and get upfield.

And our problems against the run are more related to the awful play at the MIKE position. When McClain has a pretty good game, the run isn't a problem.

Our 1-tech isn't that great right now because T. McClain got hurt and Hayden is what he is and Irving was a bit out of position and Crawford has been banged up so when he rotated there he wasn't effective. But...it's still way down on the totem pole of issues we have to fix. I'm far more concerned about the MIKE, SS, cornerback and QB than I am about 1-tech.

YR

slick325

Reaction score
I have been preaching the importance of this position. In order to get after the passer a team has to win on 1st and 2nd down. Put the offense behind the chains for 2nd/3rd and long. Nick Saban continues to crank out pros, dominate college football because his teams DOMINATE the LOS. Saban's teams place high value on interior DL. Just re-watch the Cotton Bowl last night to understand what a dominant interior line will do for a defense.

Once upon a time the Guard and Center positions were not as valued as 1st rounders and could be found anywhere...until Cowboys fans saw what real talent at the spots look like (Fred Beard, Martin and now Collins). Take the 1tech seriously and add it to Hardy, Gregory, DLaw, another edge rusher and T Crawford...and Dallas will be able to win the LOS on both sides of the ball...Alabama style.

We know how much JG loves some Saban so hopefully he bangs the table for an upgrade.

egn22

Reaction score
I am tired of this super quick 3-technique guys, need a run stuffer that can't be moved out of the middle and let the other people chase to the RB or QB

Agree 100%

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with not going with a traditional 1-tech.

Darren McFadden doesn't have 1,000 rushing yards at this point and is FIFTH in the league in rushing yards.

This league doesn't really run the ball anymore. It's pass after pass after pass. And we have people here that demand a 2-down player to stop the run at the 1-tech. I'd rather find another guy that can pass rush and get upfield.

And our problems against the run are more related to the awful play at the MIKE position. When McClain has a pretty good game, the run isn't a problem.

Our 1-tech isn't that great right now because T. McClain got hurt and Hayden is what he is and Irving was a bit out of position and Crawford has been banged up so when he rotated there he wasn't effective. But...it's still way down on the totem pole of issues we have to fix. I'm far more concerned about the MIKE, SS, cornerback and QB than I am about 1-tech.

YR

LB's get abused by guards when u don't have a good 1-Tech plus teams get ahead of the chains when they can run successfully on 1st and second at will. This is elementary football 101, without that guy commanding double teams in the middle that frees up other blockers to take out your Hardy's and McClains based on the play being called..