3. Alex Rodriguez
4. Terrell Owens
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Allen Iverson
7. Isiah Thomas
8. Stephon Marbury
9. Nick Saban
10. John McEnroe

Let the debate begin. I'll wait a while before I offer my take on this listing.

kev8822

Reaction score
lewpac;2862695 said:
A Forbes.com e-poll, article by a Mr. Tom Van Riper:

1. Mike Vick
2. Manny Rimarez
3. Alex Rodriguez
4. Terrell Owens
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Allen Iverson
7. Isiah Thomas
8. Stephon Marbury
9. Nick Saban
10. John McEnroe

Let the debate begin. I'll wait a while before I offer my take on this listing.

Funny thing is he has the #1 selling jersey.

Soon to be entering is LBJ. The media has been all over him this summer. Look for the NY media to tear him to shreds for about 4-5 years after he spurns them and re-signs with the cavs. They will make stuff up, catch him cheating on the mother of his kids, anything you can think of. It will get ugly for him. Once ESPN turns the sheep will follow.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Don King used to dominate this list. But boxing and especially the heavyweight division are no longer relevant.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
not a lot of people on here would know many of my list which makes it kind of irrelevant here.

Ren

Reaction score
take McEnroe off the list move everyone down a spot and put Josh Barnett at #1 then you'll have my list

well actually there's a few people i have no clue what's doing on that list Kobe? and Nick Saban you can probably take one of them off to and add Brandon Jacobs

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
daschoo;2862907 said:
not a lot of people on here would know many of my list which makes it kind of irrelevant here.

I might ;)

Pete Winkleman would be high on my list, but most people wouldn't know who he is either.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;2862987 said:
I might ;)

Pete Winkleman would be high on my list, but most people wouldn't know who he is either.

dennis wise and paul ince would be pretty high on my list. nacho novo and barry ferguson are also certainties. graeme sounness, tim henman (in fairness to the guy more the english media than tim himself) and terry butcher would also get in somewhere alongside ian ferguson. johnny wilkenson, martin johnson and will carling also have to be there or there abouts.
and yes i realise thats 11

jim hamilton though is in his own wee list of sports people i absolutely despise

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
What happened to Barry Bonds?

He must have dropped off, but why is McEnroe still on there? Hmmm.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban would be at or near the top of my list.

I don't like the Kobe Bryant pick at all. Notice the amount of NBA players on this list. It's disproportionate to say the least.

MC KAos

Reaction score
mine would include

donovan mcnabb, brandon jacobs, chris cooley, jason terry, antonio pierce, amar'e stoudamire, sasha vujacic gets on my nerves! and KG gets really annoying with all his screaming at the little guys but when a big guy knocks him on his *** he is a big pansy (like the euro dude from atlanta last year)

MC KAos

Reaction score
lewpac;2863099 said:
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban would be at or near the top of my list.

I don't like the Kobe Bryant pick at all. Notice the amount of NBA players on this list. It's disproportionate to say the least.

agree with you on the cuban pick, he is super annoying. i dont personally dislike kobe, but i can see why people hate him

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I would think that Roger Clemens would be on the list. Other than Yankee fans, who likes this guy.

MC KAos

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2863114 said:
I would think that Roger Clemens would be on the list. Other than Yankee fans, who likes this guy.

i dont even think yankee fans really like him, no one likes him, lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can Jeff Gordon not be on that list?

Everyone I know HATES that guy.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2863444 said:

I think this list is about sports folks who are trouble, big mouths, annoying, a chip on their shoulder, team wreckers, instigators, obnoxious, etc, etc, etc....Things like that.

Jeff Gordon is "hated" for the same reason the Dallas Cowboys and the NY Yankees are hated....................the obvious reason. They beat the snot out of too many competitors over too long a time. It's more of a resentment than a hatred.

The reasons why Jeff Gordon is hated are as follows:

1. Dominant. Wins (or has won) too much. 4 Championships in his first 12 years in Cup racing.

2. He blew-up the "East of the Mississippi/Southern" NASCAR thing. He's from Indiana via California. He speaks the kings English. And with many, there's simply no place for THAT in NASCAR!!

3. He came along and spanked the competition right about the time that Dale Earnhardt Sr. started his slide back to the pack. Earnhardt dominated the previous 20 years before the early 90's when Gordon got his ride. Gordon almost instantly starting winning races and Championships, while Earnhardt was entering his "Golden Years" and just peddling around the track alot. Many NASCAR and Earnhardt faithfulls resented "The Kid" (a name given to Gordon by Earnhardt himself BTW). What a lot of folks don't know is that Earnhardt took Gordon under his wing and took a personal interest in him. They were very close along the "student/mentor" lines.

4. Finally, Hendricks Motorsports, Dupont and Gordon himself did themselves no favor by applying the "rainbow" color scheme in Gordons early years. "The Rainbow Warrior" thing smacks of..............well..........you know. I don't need to elaborate. Lets just say that "real men" did not exactly gravitate to the "rainbow" thing.

That's why Gordon is "hated".

Trouble

Reaction score
Chief;2863057 said:
What happened to Barry Bonds?
He must have dropped off, but why is McEnroe still on there? Hmmm.

I thought the same thing about O.J. Why isn't he on the list?

It appears the list is comprised of people that are currently active in sports at some level, playing, coaching, commentating, ect.

jimmy40

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2863444 said:

I thought it was just rednecks that hated him.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Glad to see AI on the list, I cant stand him or his attitude.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
daschoo;2863019 said:
dennis wise and paul ince would be pretty high on my list. nacho novo and barry ferguson are also certainties. graeme sounness, tim henman (in fairness to the guy more the english media than tim himself) and terry butcher would also get in somewhere alongside ian ferguson. johnny wilkenson, martin johnson and will carling also have to be there or there abouts.
and yes i realise thats 11

jim hamilton though is in his own wee list of sports people i absolutely despise

So effectively anyone with a Rangers connection, or part of the successful English Rugby team.
I guess I can understand that given your sporting allegiances.

No hate for Gazza then, what with his Rangers connection, and goal in Euro 96.

FWIW I can't abide Tiger Tim either, he was always going to bottle it when the pressure was on, he was an Oxford Utd Fan after all.

And for me Kenny (the whinger) Dalglish would be high on my list.
Not because he's a Scot, or played for Celtic, but I'm not a big fan of Liverpool, and even less so that team that dominated English football in the 70's & 80's. They were the best team in Europe (by a big margin), but it was his constant whingeing & whining that put me off him.