News: 10 Observations from Wednesday's OTA Practice

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Still makes no sense to me. Not sure what the Cowboys lost that was so valuable and won't be replaced.
Depth along the defensive line. DT and DE could be major problems. We lost a pro bowl center, and a hall of fame left tackle. Replaced Pollard with Zeke, replacing Gallup with Tolbert, and that's about it off the top of my head.

TheCritic

Reaction score
The issue isn't that we lost irreplaceable talent. The issue is we didn't replace many of them with as good or better. We are relying on alot of our backups and young players who haven't produced and/or looked like busts so far to have to step up. Good luck with that.
If the Cowboys plan to resign Dak, Lamb and Parsons, then they have to cut corners somewhere. Not saying I agree or disagree with that, but that's where they are. No way they were going to resign all of those players and also be active in FA.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The rookie is a monster.
No rookie lineman on either side is as football strong and ready to play as a 4 year vet day 1.

I’m a huge Western Michigan guy. But there is a MONUMENTAL jump from the MAC to the NFL.

As for Guyton there is a ton of technique work he has to do just going from right side to left. Much less getting up to speed at NFL level and trying to replace an All Pro performer last year.

And if we’re honest the best we can hope for is that Beebe is equal to Biadasz play from last year. It’s the next 3 years he should elevate play.

quickccc

Reaction score
If the Cowboys plan to resign Dak, Lamb and Parsons, then they have to cut corners somewhere. Not saying I agree or disagree with that, but that's where they are. No way they were going to resign all of those players and also be active in FA.
Becuz they have no clear in how ot do the Cap ... per Stephen Cap Boy ...

Ravens stopped just short of a SB invite cuz of eventual SB champions KC Chiefs , but yet Ravens did not stop their pursuit of that
middle ground factor that could give them a better chance of getting over that hurdle en route to a SB .

They have a cap, they have big league big names on their roster, including one of the highest paid QBs in Lamar,
and they just signed stud RB Derrick Henry that will aid Lamar and not leave it to him to take the load all by himself .

Cowboys do not have that kind of front office to think & be in the same game plan and position.
They are too far paranoid to think any different. that's why we won't be in the SB hunt.

quickccc

Reaction score
No rookie lineman on either side is as football strong and ready to play as a 4 year vet day 1.

I’m a huge Western Michigan guy. But there is a MONUMENTAL jump from the MAC to the NFL.

As for Guyton there is a ton of technique work he has to do just going from right side to left. Much less getting up to speed at NFL level and trying to replace an All Pro performer last year.

And if we’re honest the best we can hope for is that Beebe is equal to Biadasz play from last year. It’s the next 3 years he should elevate play.
What will be interesting is all of the Cowboys past first round picks OL guys have started right away ...Tyron Smith,.. Zack Martin ...Travis Fredrick ...Tyler Smith .... will Tyler Guyton also become the same way ?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
What will be interesting is all of the Cowboys past first round picks OL guys have started right away ...Tyron Smith,.. Zack Martin ...Travis Fredrick ...Tyler Smith .... will Tyler Guyton also become the same way ?
He’ll likely start and be solid. But he’s not going to be Tyron day 1. Even Tyron wasn’t Tyron day 1.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
What about the DLine? Stopping the run was awful and it got worse.

Also depth doesn’t matter in regards to LT. Tyron played 16 games last year so depth wasn’t required there. Guyton isn’t matching his production year 1. They’re hopefully a push or slightly better at center.
Hopefully Guyton and Beebe's talent will be enough to make up for some of the inexperience.