10 Replacements For Garrett As Cowboys HC (If He's Fired)

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Are any of those proposed candidates going to let Jerry pick his staff, have Jerry declare who is playing midweek, let Jerry criticize play calling and fourth down strategies through the media, hang around in limbo for a few weeks after each season to see if he will return as coach, or any of the other ridiculous stuff Jerry puts Garrett through?

Big_D

Reaction score
Sadly enough this clown will be back. Jerry's a glutton!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please Jerry, MAKE IT HAPPEN So The Cowboys Can Advance

#10 Dan Campbell
#9 James Bettcher
#8 George Edwards
#7 Jim Bob Cooter
#6 Matt LaFleur
#5 Kris Richard
#4 Lincoln Riley
#3 John DeFilippo
#2 John Harbaugh
#1 Sean Payton

Some of these are odd. Payton, Harbaugh and Lafluer are all already NFL head coaches and therefore not available to just go out and hire. Riley already has one of the plum jobs in college football that pays him as well as an NFL head coach, and carries a lot more job security. Maybe a desire to give the NFL a try would be a lure, but it would be a hard sell. Jim Bob Cooter is way young and doesn't have the credentials.

Of course, I think it's a moot point anyway, because I feel strongly that Jerry isn't going to can Garrett this year.

Reaction score
Its fun to speculate but the fact is that Garrett isn't going anywhere. The only possible exception is if somehow Sean Payton becomes available. And I don't see it.

Jason Garrett is the perfect coach for Jerry.

- wins 8-10 regular season games
- wins a Wild Card game every 3 years or so
- shuts his mouth when told to
- stands aside when Jerry demands the spotlight, which is pretty much always

Winning is quite low on the priority list for thi crew

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

#10 Dan Campbell
#9 James Bettcher
#8 George Edwards
#7 Jim Bob Cooter
#6 Matt LaFleur
#5 Kris Richard
#4 Lincoln Riley
#3 John DeFilippo
#2 John Harbaugh
#1 Sean Payton

outside of payton, harbaugh and maybe Riley (I am never hot on college coaches to NFL in their first couple of years). the rest are meh

and the great genius Kris Richard, fizzeled badly and was taken to school by McVay..... I guess screaming ain't all that important in coaching, but seems to be a favorite of most fans....screaming means you are a good coach.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

#10 Dan Campbell
#9 James Bettcher
#8 George Edwards
#7 Jim Bob Cooter

#6 Matt LaFleur
#5 Kris Richard
#4 Lincoln Riley
#3 John DeFilippo
#2 John Harbaugh
#1 Sean Payton

Holy garbage Batman!

5 of those names would make me actually miss Garrett. Matt LaFleur just got a HC job so that's not happening.

This year, I think its Sean Payton (if he becomes available) or Garrett.

If they don't extend Garrett, Riley becomes a realistic option for 2020 IMO.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

#10 Dan Campbell
#9 James Bettcher
#8 George Edwards
#7 Jim Bob Cooter
#6 Matt LaFleur
#5 Kris Richard
#4 Lincoln Riley
#3 John DeFilippo
#2 John Harbaugh
#1 Sean Payton

Lets see...2 guys are definitely not going anywhere. One guy got fired mid season as an OC. One guy just got a contract extension. Another already got hired. One guy is the OC in Detroit. One guy has a title but we know who is actually calling the plays. One guy is a TEs coach. Another guy coached the 24th ranked defense. Lastly, one guy is coming off a really, really bad game and has no HC experience.

Nice job!

conner01

Reaction score
Holy garbage Batman!

5 of those names would make me actually miss Garrett. Matt LaFleur just got a HC job so that's not happening.

This year, I think its Sean Payton (if he becomes available) or Garrett.

If they don't extend Garrett, Riley becomes a realistic option for 2020 IMO.
2020 opens up lots of possibilities
Payton is signed till 2020

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If you weren't too busy being arrogant and had watched the video, or at least have read the title to the video before pumping your muscles behind a keyboard with a backlash, you may have noticed I didn't make those picks.

Did I attribute those picks to you? Where did I do that? So many tough guys just want to argue on this forum. Seriously, where did I ridicule you?

CB61

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that Garrett is going anywhere I guess I could be wrong? But Jerry will replace everybody and their brother before it becomes Garrett's fault that's Jerry's way

Rayman70

Reaction score
joe Lombardi would be a perfect co-OC along with Dan Campbell. Lombardi can really help Dak get better. WATCH THIS as we get into the weekend guys...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Linehan and Moore are tied at the hip. I think its fair to assume he's packing his bags and leaving as well.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No to Jim Bob Cooter. Not sure if grown men should still call themselves Jim Bob :laugh:. Also, I have stated many times, please no more Detroit Lion coaches.
:lmao2:
HX4d0N6.jpg