News: 10 rookies made this team

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/10-rookies-who-maximized-their-chances-in-camp

For a team as talented as we all believe it is, all 7 draft picks made the team, including DiNucci, and 3 undrafted free agents. I don’t think any of us would have picked 3 undrafted FAs to make this team.

Here is the list:
  • WR CeeDee Lamb (first round)
  • CB Trevon Diggs (second round)
  • DT Neville Gallimore (third round)
  • CB Reggie Robinson (fourth round)
  • C Tyler Biadasz (fourth round)
  • DE Bradlee Anae (fifth round)
  • QB Ben DiNucci (seventh round)
  • RB Rico Dowdle (undrafted)
  • TE Sean McKeon (undrafted)
  • OT Terence Steele (undrafted)
I get Steele, especially with the Collins injury, but I would have expected Sewo over Dowdle and I certainly didn’t expect them to roll with 4 TEs.

Jarntt

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/10-rookies-who-maximized-their-chances-in-camp

For a team as talented as we all believe it is, all 7 draft picks made the team, including DiNucci, and 3 undrafted free agents. I don’t think any of us would have picked 3 undrafted FAs to make this team.

Here is the list:
I get Steele, especially with the Collins injury, but I would have expected Sewo over Dowdle and I certainly didn’t expect them to roll with 4 TEs.
Dowdie made the team for STs purposes

starfan1

Reaction score
The 4 th TE will be gone soon just not sure which one it will be

fivetwos

Reaction score
Strange that all UDFAs are offensive players.

Defense needed help from every source.

Suppose things may look different next week.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

Here is the list:

I wonder if the four TE's is because of the lack of having any FB's?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I missed that and that’s true. Looks like the FB position has is finally expired in Dallas.
I thought they were planning to make Schultz a TE/FB. I guess that would mean they're not totally done with the FB position, but almost.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was surprised at a 4th TE.

As for the rookies, not surprised as much. We know the draft picks was going to make the team. With the exception, were they keeping a 3rd QB in DeNucci, and that was 90% assured.
I figured they would keep a 3rd RB, and only had 2 rookies and a rookie FB.
That gets us to 8.

So a 4th TE in McKeon, and then a 10th OL in Steele. Though from injury necessity.

5 LB's is a surprise as well. But with them running the hybrid defense as a DE can drop back as a LB, I guess it makes sense. But once Lee goes to IR, they will need to bring one in, or do they go with 4.

But I never looked at it as keeping that many rookies as a number count.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dowdie made the team for STs purposes
I hope he gets to play at RB so we can hear "Rico Dowdled down the field".

Besides that, some are still in Rico withdrawal when Gathers decided to go get some moss. We need a Rico! We need a Rico!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if this almost final roster is all McC and his coaching staff. I had the feeling with the former HC that he n might have submitted a "whadayathink" list to the Joneses.

Hey, we need a cool nickname for 10 rookies making the team, we had the Dirty Dozen back in 75 and haven't had one since then. Maybe The Tenacious Ten? Maybe just The TENacious, like a herd of rappers? Far too early for The Terrible Ten. If this was the team formerly known as the Commanders, Snyder could call them The Ten Little Indians and piss off more people.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huge mistake not keeping Francis Bernard, especially if someone else picks him up.

No one will pick him up. Very doubtful anyway. If they would have had 8 or 9 LB's in TC as usual if it was an usual off-season. Bernard may not have shown as much compared to another LB. Or maybe he would. But teams will stick to who they know more so than usual.

Unless some low ranked team takes a chance as a future player. But I just can't see it. But what in the heck do I know. :laugh: