News: 10 rookies made this team

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/10-rookies-who-maximized-their-chances-in-camp

For a team as talented as we all believe it is, all 7 draft picks made the team, including DiNucci, and 3 undrafted free agents. I don’t think any of us would have picked 3 undrafted FAs to make this team.

Here is the list:
  • WR CeeDee Lamb (first round)
  • CB Trevon Diggs (second round)
  • DT Neville Gallimore (third round)
  • CB Reggie Robinson (fourth round)
  • C Tyler Biadasz (fourth round)
  • DE Bradlee Anae (fifth round)
  • QB Ben DiNucci (seventh round)
  • RB Rico Dowdle (undrafted)
  • TE Sean McKeon (undrafted)
  • OT Terence Steele (undrafted)
I get Steele, especially with the Collins injury, but I would have expected Sewo over Dowdle and I certainly didn’t expect them to roll with 4 TEs.

Brand new coach - these are "his" players. McCarthy had no loyalty to or investment in veterans, so they had to win him over.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Great news. This team was in dire need of good young talent on rookie deals. Now it is time to see if they can live up to the billing. This teams youth talent issue wasn't going to be solved in one year, but this draft certainly feels like a nice push in the right direction.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It was an awesome draft!

id like to see Biadasz starting at C.

bandfan

Reaction score
I wonder if this almost final roster is all McC and his coaching staff. I had the feeling with the former HC that he n might have submitted a "whadayathink" list to the Joneses.

Hey, we need a cool nickname for 10 rookies making the team, we had the Dirty Dozen back in 75 and haven't had one since then. Maybe The Tenacious Ten? Maybe just The TENacious, like a herd of rappers? Far too early for The Terrible Ten. If this was the team formerly known as the Commanders, Snyder could call them The Ten Little Indians and piss off more people.
"The Covid Contingent"

Wood

Reaction score
Still don't understand Rico Dowdle making this team unless he is terror on special teams.

plasticman

Reaction score
This 53 man squad is far from settled. You can expect constant change for the entire season as practice squad players are.given opportunities.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It’s unprecedented, really. I can’t remember the last time 10 rookies made the team - that’s almost 20% of the team that will be rooks. Even that 2016 draft class, they didn’t keep 10.

I’ll look it up later but I’d bet you have to go all the way back to Jimmy Johnson’s first years to find a team where so many rookies made the squad.

And what surprises me even more is that, unlike the 1990 team, this is one vying for a Super Bowl.

The Dirty Dozen lives in Cowboys lore.

https://thelandryhat.com/2015/04/11/dallas-cowboys-1975-draft-the-dirty-dozen-one-of-the-best-ever/

Verdict

Reaction score
Three UDFA’s in any year is a lot. Three this season? That is very surprising and a good sign for those young guys.

This year’s great draft is going to look even better if those 3 UDFA’s actually stick and turn into keepers.
We are due for some good luck. Maybe the stars are starting g to line up for us. We are way past due.