10 things I think off-season edition

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jterrell, Jan 21, 2020.

1. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet...... Zone Supporter

8,182 Messages
    5,739 Likes Received
    All good. except I'd like to see the super bowl end in sudden death......literally!

2. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

1,157 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    I agree with everything you said but for some reason 65% of fans do not like Dak and think it’s a terrible idea to pay him.

jterrell likes this.
  3. JustChip

JustChip Zone Supporter

2,818 Messages
    2,406 Likes Received
    Yeah, but you can’t run a team, at least player acquisition, by what fans think. Philly fans roundly booed the McNabb selection when it was made; the wanted Ricky Williams. Who ended up being right - the fans or the team?

4. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

27,582 Messages
    9,272 Likes Received
  5. Bigtex67

Bigtex67 Member

87 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Please forgive me JT!! This one is all in fun....I know exactly what you were saying and I agree!

However....I am glad Dak is getting a new contract...I hate that the old one had him taking guaranteed sacks!

:laugh:

jterrell likes this.
  6. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

20,486 Messages
    48,011 Likes Received
    :lmao: :hammer:

7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

33,159 Messages
    13,652 Likes Received
    Chemistry is forged with proper foundations of principals and baptism of a unit growing on the carpet for real.

8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

45,595 Messages
    45,487 Likes Received
    This debate compared to college football:

@jterrell = Alabama

@Playmaker247 = LA-Lafayette

At least LA-Lafayette knows they're over-matched...

Side Note:
    At work I'm surrounded by a 14+ member team of people doing analytics all day every day on a subject more complicated than football.

jterrell likes this.
  9. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

1,360 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Somehow, I’m not at all sad about this. If anything. I’m giddy at the prospect of him taking his offensive skills to the Giants.

visionary and Jarv like this.
  10. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

2,772 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    Very well thought out. Best thread I've read on here in a while. Like you said there has been way too many Dak Sucks and Should the Cowboys Sign Tom Brady type threads. I award you one like sir

jterrell likes this.
  11. SkywalkerSteele

SkywalkerSteele New Member

12 Messages
    9 Likes Received

Speaking on number 10 I think we go alot heavier up front. I focused on a few big boys here. I think the philosophical difference between Rod and Nolan will be noticeable up front

visionary and jterrell like this.
  12. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

1,530 Messages
    1,403 Likes Received
    3. Garrett went there knowing he has already sabotaged one HC and can easily do it again to a rookie w no experience w the NY pressure. He will be the HC of the Giants by 2022.

6. I can take a decent guess at what Nolan thinks of some of the Dallas holdover personnel. I just hope he has the authority to put a guy like 54 on the bench for a series or three, because if anyone needs a smack in the head its him. I've never seen such a terrible player think he is so great. That's Jerry's team though!

visionary likes this.
  13. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

27,582 Messages
    9,272 Likes Received
    I have that persom on ignore but thanks to your post I saw theirs...

FWIW the leader of the Analytics pack Ben Baldwin made that statement verbatim.

14. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

2,520 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    #10 is a problem. Hiring Edwards was an attempt to being a legit DC to Dallas.

15. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

2,520 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    Nolan coaches 20 years as a DC and has 5 teams with a top 10 defense.

the rest of his defenses stink. All 15 of them.

thats why Jerry hired Edwards to run things. Like KR.

16. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

24,616 Messages
    15,873 Likes Received
    1. Tennehil is 100% a big part of their turnaround. No question about it. It would be foolish to think otherwise. Its a perfect example in understanding the dynamics of the QB position and the importance of a quality team around him and coaching in order for him to reach his full potential and do his job.

7. Dak's fumbling was due to the Oline problems in 2018. That should be obvious at this point. As was the laughable notion that Dak was "taking sacks". Seeing as though he was sacked only 28 times this year, less than in 2016, his rookie year.

Rest sounded great.