10 things I think: Schedule release edition

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
1. Playing the Giants week 1 every year is just strange but hey it's an easy W right now.
2. This might be the easiest schedule I've seen for Dallas on paper.
3. But things change fast and the NFL is very different from the NBA is how true to form things hold.
4. https://www.rosterresource.com/nfl-dallas-cowboys/ -- this is an A: off-season pre-draft.
5. At New Orleans and at New England look like scheduled losses but that was certianly the case versus NO last year and we saw what happened.
6. I'm intrigued to be playing the Jets.
7. December looks nasty. Could be a lot of "seeding" battles there with LAR and Philly and Chicago.
8. I think we go 7-1 in division again.
9. I think we go 11-5 overall and yes this is rosy even for me but I love this schedule set up.
10. If you were to pick a year we could win it all this is year I'll be putting 100 on it at the sports book.

Silly

Reaction score
I wouldn't call the week one giants game an easy win. Dallas will still be in preseason mode that 1st game. It will probably be the first time the entire offense plays together and they will not have any timing yet.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
1. Playing the Giants week 1 every year is just strange but hey it's an easy W right now.
3. But things change fast and the NFL is very different from the NBA is how true to form things hold.
4. https://www.rosterresource.com/nfl-dallas-cowboys/ -- this is an A: off-season pre-draft.
5. At New Orleans and at New England look like scheduled losses but that was certianly the case versus NO last year and we saw what happened.
7. December looks nasty. Could be a lot of "seeding" battles there with LAR and Philly and Chicago.
9. I think we go 11-5 overall and yes this is rosy even for me but I love this schedule set up.
10. If you were to pick a year we could win it all this is year I'll be putting 100 on it at the sports book.
Very good post. Generally, I think it's better to see the "perceived strong opponents" later on the schedule. As you mention, the NFL can be topsy-turvy, but to the extent teams' fortunes are heavily damaged by injuries, a softer early schedule is probably favorable. A good team ought to bank some early wins to offset problems later in the year, often caused by injuries.

If the Cowboys are heavily impacted by injuries, the schedule probably doesn't matter much in any case. If one or more of the "perceived strong opponents" have been riddled by injuries (or other controversies, suspensions, etc.), the difficulty of a late game might not be nearly as great as forecast prior to the season.

In the end, of course, the schedule is what it is, and the Cowboys have to find ways to win, regardless. But I agree this schedule, as things stand now, lines up well.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What more can a fan hope for...the team has earned some genuine respect. That includes bits and pieces all the way up to and including Jerry Jones. He made this massive animal, and it's standing upon it's own legs now.

We all can look forward to some great football environment now, but still must not forget, this is a sport and rock solid full of bumps in the road.

I couldn't be more excited to root for my chosen team...the Dallas Cowboys. They are for real and with some valid respect through the sports arena now.

They already had my heart...and now, I'm excited about the journey in the present.

Cowboys, let's grab our destiny!!

817Gill

Reaction score
I wouldn't call the week one giants game an easy win. Dallas will still be in preseason mode that 1st game. It will probably be the first time the entire offense plays together and they will not have any timing yet.
I doubt that the offense will look as rusty as last years, that was an anomaly. 6 WR’s rotating (Dak said this made it hard to gain any trust or chemistry), no o-line depth and injuries in the offseason leading to coaches being fearful Dak would get injured, and a whole new assistant coaching staff.

There is way more continuity this year and the o line depth should help the O play deeper into the preseason games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am fine with the schedule lay out. And that December may not be as bad as it seems.
We went through a tough stretch last season and came out of it 7-1.

Win games early this year, and go into that stretch 5-3 or better than 3-5. Why are people afraid of it, we beat Philly twice last year, and are fans really scared of Chicago? Yes they look good, and should be better, but we should be also. Yes, possible cold weather game. But we all knew we would have a few of those. I am surprised it was only 2 games in the possible cold, as it could be decent weather also.

Rams, well they are on our turf and we should have the right shoes, maybe they bring grass shoes and not turf this time, who knows. :laugh:

I am not scared of this schedule one bit.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt that the offense will look as rusty as last years, that was an anomaly. 6 WR’s rotating (Dak said this made it hard to gain any trust or chemistry), no o-line depth and injuries in the offseason leading to coaches being fearful Dak would get injured, and a whole new assistant coaching staff.

There is way more continuity this year and the o line depth should help the O play deeper into the preseason games.

Also, maybe, just maybe with Moore as the OC, they will get more PS game work to get it running more smoothly.
And yes, good point with the WR's, as Cooper will be here from the start, and that group will be more solidified.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I posted earlier that we could go 11-5 or 9-7 at worst. If were 10-5 going into game 16 we rest the starters and probably lose.

Flamma

Reaction score
The schedule don’t mean squat; you play whoever shows up on the field.

Win or go home.

Best post. Short and sweet but full of truth. Did it matter who we played or how tough our schedule was in years the Cowboys were really good? We expected to win most games. If this team is as good as I think it's going to be, I don't care who is on our schedule. I'm expecting one of those 12-4 seasons. We have plenty of talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I laugh at all the w-l predictors all over the internet and media..

nothing a schedules EASY win or absolute LOSS, games are played because anything can happen any given day..too many factors to even go through and predict even a win game 1..Eli could have a banner day with SB dropping 200 on us using the rams game plan..

also make me chuckle all the we can win 9-11 games.. right thats every year ...

looks tough on paper but we could beat NE and NO and lose to the Giants twice still 10-6 just in different manner..we watch because we have zero idea what games will be won or lost, see the 3-5 start that could have asily been 5-3 but poo happens..too many bounces, toes and fingers oin lines, goal post doinks, unforced TOS, and injuries.. this isnt EA sports madden wher eyou can select play season automatically and get to playoffs..:))

ESisback

Reaction score

Yep! Finding our groove and identity against a hungry division rival will be tough. Some of our players will be overconfident, and they have nothing to lose. They have a veteran QB and Saquon Barkley. No gimmes in the NFL!

visionary

Reaction score

I agree that if we go 7-1 in the division we can get to 11 wins

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Not to mention the guy toting the rock for the gnats...cj isn’t even a whisper of talent compared to Barkley. A full year under his belt he will have a better grasp on how to attack any defense