10 things I think: Schedule release edition

GenoT

Reaction score
I get your point, but I'd rather face teams like Cardinals, Raiders, Giants, Bengals instead of Rams, Patriots, Saints, Chiefs.
All good and fine for the regular season but, at least for the past 23 seasons, the problem’s been that we don’t face bottom-feeders in the postseason.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if the defense hasn't figured out how to stop the run any better against the giants than they did against the rams it will be a long day even at home

Silly

Reaction score
Not to mention the guy toting the rock for the gnats...cj isn’t even a whisper of talent compared to Barkley. A full year under his belt he will have a better grasp on how to attack any defense

Hey, is that the guy that did the 600 pound squat on tv?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
2. This might be the easiest schedule I've seen for Dallas on paper.
8. I think we go 7-1 in division again.
9. I think we go 11-5 overall and yes this is rosy even for me but I love this schedule set up.
10. If you were to pick a year we could win it all this is year I'll be putting 100 on it at the sports book.

I agree with all of these points. With that December schedule, they better get off to a fast start and I believe that they will. I expect the team to start 7-1 through to the BYE week and 10-2 going into December. After that it could get dicey.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wouldn't call the week one giants game an easy win. Dallas will still be in preseason mode that 1st game. It will probably be the first time the entire offense plays together and they will not have any timing yet.
The Giants are a bottom 5 team and this crew is a legit title contender.
DAL using week 1 as a rehearsal is a fair point but if you can't find a way to beat a bottoming out NYG then you have issues.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you think scheduling is meaningless you are wasting your time posting to tell us that, lol.
Scheduling matters for many reasons, only some of which effect wins and losses.

January wins will tell the tale of the season for sure but if that's all you plan to pay attention to then you might wanna go fishing and forget this board exists for 8 months.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wouldn't call the week one giants game an easy win. Dallas will still be in preseason mode that 1st game. It will probably be the first time the entire offense plays together and they will not have any timing yet.

coult44

Reaction score
1. Playing the Giants week 1 every year is just strange but hey it's an easy W right now.
2. This might be the easiest schedule I've seen for Dallas on paper.
3. But things change fast and the NFL is very different from the NBA is how true to form things hold.
4. https://www.rosterresource.com/nfl-dallas-cowboys/ -- this is an A: off-season pre-draft.
5. At New Orleans and at New England look like scheduled losses but that was certianly the case versus NO last year and we saw what happened.
6. I'm intrigued to be playing the Jets.
7. December looks nasty. Could be a lot of "seeding" battles there with LAR and Philly and Chicago.
8. I think we go 7-1 in division again.
9. I think we go 11-5 overall and yes this is rosy even for me but I love this schedule set up.
10. If you were to pick a year we could win it all this is year I'll be putting 100 on it at the sports book.

NY and Dallas is always the highest rated game of the year. $$$

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I agree the game against the Jets should be
A interesting matchup. Also looking forward to the Lions and vikings games

Silly

Reaction score

I count JG has won 4 season openers and lost 4. Rather standard fare for Garrett.

But I hope you are correct. I'd like to see eli get a concussion or some broken ribs. I can live with a roughing penalty.

JayFord

Reaction score
Well if we win em all we have a good shot at the playoffs

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I agree the game against the Jets should be
A interesting matchup. Also looking forward to the Lions and vikings games
Seems like we have played the Lions a bunch and the Vikes a "normal amount" but feels like the Jets we've faced like once in 8 years.
I know we've only played them 11 times ever which is crazy for two franchises from the 60s.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Seems like we have played the Lions a bunch and the Vikes a "normal amount" but feels like the Jets we've faced like once in 8 years.
I know we've only played them 11 times ever which is crazy for two franchises from the 60s.
Looked it up and all the AFC East guys are teams we haven't faced in longest period, since late 2015.
Def feels to me like we have seen the Dolphins and Pats since then but we haven't.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I get your point, but I'd rather face teams like Cardinals, Raiders, Giants, Bengals instead of Rams, Patriots, Saints, Chiefs.

So, you'd rather have pretender than a contender.

I would rather hope to see them end the Patriots dynasty, show the Saints last wasn't a fluke
and win a shootout against the Chiefs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
scheduling:
last year DAL faced the AFC South with: INDY, HOU, TENN, JAX the 3rd best team in that division won 9 games including beating us-- DAL went 1-3.
this year DAL faces the AFC East arguably the weakest division with NE, MIA, BUFF, NYJ

Going 3-1 is fairly easy to predict even in an anything can happen league.
The difference in 1-3 and 3-1 versus the AFC divisional foes is likely to be a BYE and/or home playoff game.

Stop arguing goofy nonsense, who you play absolutely matters.