10 things I think Week 4 edition

CCBoy

Reaction score
Great post @jterrell . To add to your #3, Dak is balling:

I don't notice any "tendencies" in where he goes with his throws. Defenses can't game plan too much in that regard. As long as he continues to throw to who's open, he can keep this up. We got really good route runners and Kellen has a good mixture of deception in his scheme. Loving his halftime adjustments too.

Loved Marcus when he was frequent on site here...and he was a real guy, then. He is beyond top shelf in the amount of functional stats and team information.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
5. Philly. ... ROFL. Philly GM Roseman is great??? LOL. Most shallow roster in the NFL.

I think this is the backlash from the trade for Wentz, over the top spending on free agents, not a lot of quality depth.
And it's caught up very quickly to the Eagles.

They look great on paper in the off season But there is no offseason championship.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I was very impressed with Quinn. Maybe it was the comp, but he seemed to beat his man nearly every rush to force the QB to step up.
Quinn brings a different type DL than they have minus Gregory, the traditional edge guy with bend.
It looks different because it definitely is.
Quinn has been in enough schemes that he also understands leverage, fits and flanking in the running game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think this is the backlash from the trade for Wentz, over the top spending on free agents, not a lot of quality depth.
And it's caught up very quickly to the Eagles.

They look great on paper in the off season But there is no offseason championship.
I stated BEFORE they won a title they were pushing all their cards in the middle which made no sense with a young QB.
To their credit they DID beat Brady (although with the vet back up not Wentz).
Keep hearing they manage the cap so well but they lost really good players for nothing --see Foles. No one loses a SB QB for nothing but cap space.
They trade away picks they need for cheap depth to get more vets they must pay big money to when they don't have any money, LOL.
They keep extending these guys pushing huge money hits out past their prime.
They were operating like they had a 30 year franchise QB and trying to keep that window open 2-3 seasons.

It took DAL 3 years and a rookie phenom QB to dig out of that hole.
That was realistically why Romo was released.
Money. The cap is bendy and LARGELY theoretical and all those things but it is also real at the end of the day.
It is like a little lie. Where it snowballs and eventually you are in over your head.

I actually feel bad for Wentz.
PHI won the lotto when they got Wentz and the draft pick cache they acquired in trade before him.
They they dumped on it at every turn trading off those picks for pennies on the dollar, signing/trading for guys a decade older than Wentz who can't help him win now much less in the future.
I said all along DAL was building slowly but efficiently and properly while PHI was gambling big and would eventually bust.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The only thing I take issue with is the last sentence of #3. Dak’s play the last two years justified a middle of the pack ranking and is why people didn’t want to pay him top 5 QB money. It’s the improvement, growth, and leadership he has shown so far this year that should have those people, myself included, re-evaluating their thinking. I’m sure most have. Anyone still highly critical of Dak has some other motivation besides wanting what’s best for the Dallas Cowboys and being happy they found their next franchise QB in the 4th round and he’s head and shoulders better than 6 or 7 young 1st round guys.
You obviously haven’t been paying attention because Dak has showed growth, improvement and leadership since day 1.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great post @jterrell . To add to your #3, Dak is balling:

I don't notice any "tendencies" in where he goes with his throws. Defenses can't game plan too much in that regard. As long as he continues to throw to who's open, he can keep this up. We got really good route runners and Kellen has a good mixture of deception in his scheme. Loving his halftime adjustments too.

Please show us this chart at the end of the season should be interesting to see if Dak can do the same against some real defenses.....I for one is rooting for the young man.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
You're right - the Eagles got the player they wanted.
Then overspent to upgrade.
Then had to release and extend players to keep the core.
But the core got injured and old.
We'll see how they recover - and it should be through the draft.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You obviously haven’t been paying attention because Dak has showed growth, improvement and leadership since day 1.

I’ve payed very close attention and Dak did not show growth and improvement from his rookie season into years 2 and 3. If anything, he regressed a little. I’m fully aware that things outside of his control could have been factors but that doesn’t change the facts. None of that really matters anyway. What matters now is this year and that he is showing that growth and improvement that I expected in years 2 and 3.

J-man

Reaction score
I stated BEFORE they won a title they were pushing all their cards in the middle which made no sense with a young QB.
To their credit they DID beat Brady (although with the vet back up not Wentz).

I actually feel bad for Wentz.
PHI won the lotto when they got Wentz and the draft pick cache they acquired in trade before him.
They they dumped on it at every turn trading off those picks for pennies on the dollar, signing/trading for guys a decade older than Wentz who can't help him win now much less in the future.
I said all along DAL was building slowly but efficiently and properly while PHI was gambling big and would eventually bust.

All true, and don't get me wrong I think the way Dallas has been going about it is the better way, but to their credit, the gamble did payoff for their first SB ring. Most franchises would do just that!
Dallas is trying to be like NE, good every year, not just for a 1-3yr window.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I respectively disagree with you on #9 and fully expect the Cowboys to go 19-0 and end the 1972 Miami Dolphins yearly cork popping routine, lol.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ve payed very close attention and Dak did not show growth and improvement from his rookie season into years 2 and 3. If anything, he regressed a little. I’m fully aware that things outside of his control could have been factors but that doesn’t change the facts. None of that really matters anyway. What matters now is this year and that he is showing that growth and improvement that I expected in years 2 and 3.
He most certainly has showed improvement and leadership. You think he went into years 2 and 3 thinking he knew it all? Please.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He most certainly has showed improvement and leadership. You think he went into years 2 and 3 thinking he knew it all? Please.

First, I said growth and improvement. He has always been a leader. He had one of the all time great rookie seasons and I, like many others, expected to see him grow and improve with his on the field performance in years 2 and 3. He did not. If you think he did, you are entitled to be wrong all you want. So far this year, he has shown the growth and improvement on the field that many expected in year 2 and 3. It doesn’t matter the reasons for any of it. The Dak we have seen so far this year is the Dak I expected to emerge at some point over the past two seasons. That is basically what I was alluding to.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
First, I said growth and improvement. He has always been a leader. He had one of the all time great rookie seasons and I, like many others, expected to see him grow and improve with his on the field performance in years 2 and 3. He did not. If you think he did, you are entitled to be wrong all you want. So far this year, he has shown the growth and improvement on the field that many expected in year 2 and 3. It doesn’t matter the reasons for any of it. The Dak we have seen so far this year is the Dak I expected to emerge at some point over the past two seasons. That is basically what I was alluding to.
You said growth, improvement and leadership. Reread your post if you don’t believe me.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You said growth, improvement and leadership. Reread your post if you don’t believe me.

I think your the one that needs to reread. Nowhere did I question his leadership in any season. The only mention of leadership by me was pertaining to this season. Everything else was about his play on the field not showing improvement in years 2 and 3.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
1. The 3-0 was expected but the overall dominance to get here this way has been very impressive. The offense has been dominant and the defense has been vintage bend but don't break. Scoring defense is what is important and point differential is very telling.
As a fan, I can't say it was expected being at 3-0. But since they are, should we really be that PROUD being the teams our Boys tore up were absolutley horrific teams?

Let's see how impressive they are against some of last years playoff teams. Should they win a few of those games, the Cowboys will head to the Superbowl.

dallasdave

Reaction score
As a fan, I can't say it was expected being at 3-0. But since they are, should we really be that PROUD being the teams our Boys tore up were absolutley horrific teams?

Let's see how impressive they are against some of last years playoff teams. Should they win a few of those games, the Cowboys will head to the Superbowl.
You forgot to say Cowboys will win the Super Bowl :yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:Puttyism @waldoputty

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think your the one that needs to reread. Nowhere did I question his leadership in any season. The only mention of leadership by me was pertaining to this season. Everything else was about his play on the field not showing improvement in years 2 and 3.
:facepalm:Just own it instead of looking like a back peddling little something.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
A few things to add to your great list:

Cobb has been better than I expected. I have always liked Cobb's game, but thought his best days were long behind him. I was wrong.

As well as Looney played last year, FBeard is a significant upgrade. Despite some of the concerns expressed about Williams, the OL is playing well as they ever have.

It is nice to see half-time adjustments.

Still scratching my head about the defense.

Nice to see Fred in the whole game, and if commentators are correct he will only get stronger / better.