Twitter: 10 years ago today marked the end of an era

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
The ONLY way Q was ever going to even make the team in 2004 was if he tore it up in Camp. The Cowboys had invested a draft pick in Drew Henson. They obviously liked Tony Romo already. And on top of that they brought in a FOB named Vinny Testaverde. I really can't figure out why people think Vinny was brought here to back him up or mentor him. I knew in March of that year that Q was as good as gone. I shared that info with some fans here. I wasn't the least bit shocked he got cut.

lol

of course

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ahh, another JG/BP debate............have to chime in!

Parcells had a team similar to Garrett's, but the exact opposite. Bill had a good(good enough anyways) defense and a lousy offense, Garrett has a bad defense and a good offense. I am of the mindset that defense wins games; hence, more wins(over .500) for Parcells.

IMO,they are two different kinds of coaches and I favor Bill's over Jason's style. I have never been and never will be a fan of Garrett but I can't say that he has lost control of the team, they have and still continue to fight in each and every game.

Again, IMO, if Bill had Garrett's team these last four years, he would have made the playoffs, at least once if not twice.

It is time for Jason to at least get above 8-8. If they go 9-7 and miss the playoffs but the team still fights until the end, then he may deserve an extension. But, another .500 season or below with minimal injuries(minimal compared to the last two seasons) from here on out, then it is time for a change.

If Dallas wins 6 or 7 games with a horrible defense and an under-performing offense, even Jerry couldn't sell the fans another season for Jason. He will try but I don't think it would be successful. Of course, he could give him a new contract just in spite to prove his critics wrong, only time will tell...........

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Me too. Couldn't be just the "hippie lettuce:! I think Q-Screw did something else. I was looking forward to his upcoming season; thinking he and the Cowboys had something. Whoops.

I thought it was public knowledge....it was coke. And not the kind you drink:cool: