Video: 105.3 - an 11 minute interview with Mazi Smith, who likes the Texas heat

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Young men embarking on a journey to become contributors to society-- are still dying by a few dozens or so every year, due to the archaic and babarous rituals still going on in the college environment of fraternities.
You know, I'm afraid it may be far worse today than ever.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Texas A&I.....right down the road from your hometown, brother.
Ingleside will always represent.

I remember going to the grocery store (back then there was only one) and my mom raised me.
She was born and raised on Long Island. I only knew her accent.

Those good ol' boys would hit me right in the gut when I would show up to pick up some groceries.
'Where you from boy?'
Here. I was born down the street.
'Why you talk the way you do?'
I don't know. What way do I talk?

I remember my momma having to shoot the ground in front of the... guy who had an elected office and thought he could get what he wanted after my dad's accident.
I remember a retired traveling circus a quarter mile away losing their performance chimp and it escaped to tear up our watermelon patch, throwing melons at the sheriff's dept. from our roof and we couldn't leave our place while the A/C was shutdown because the chimp severed the cord and it was over 100.

I remember my brother trying to do terrible things to the school.
I never knew what he told me was real, or not.

I didn't really like my younger years, but I cannot deny how they affected me.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ingleside will always represent.

I remember going to the grocery store (back then there was only one) and my mom raised me.
She was born and raised on Long Island. I only knew her accent.

Those good ol' boys would hit me right in the gut when I would show up to pick up some groceries.
'Where you from boy?'
Here. I was born down the street.
'Why you talk the way you do?'
I don't know. What way do I talk?

I remember my momma having to shoot the ground in front of the... guy who had an elected office and thought he could get what he wanted after my dad's accident.
I remember a retired traveling circus a quarter mile away losing their performance chimp and it escaped to tear up our watermelon patch, throwing melons at the sheriff's dept. from our roof and we couldn't leave our place while the A/C was shutdown because the chimp severed the cord and it was over 100.

I remember my brother trying to do terrible things to the school.
I never knew what he told me was real, or not.

I didn't really like my younger years, but I cannot deny how they affected me.
Tough times make tough people, if you don't quit. That's why I don't like quitters.
Haven't drank in a month, but I'll give you a Salud, anyway!

817Gill

Reaction score
Well he did say he's not with some of the hazing practices. Reminiscent of Dez and Ramsey......which I like.
Yeah as time has gone on I think younger dudes have been less and less willing to go with it. The singing in front of the team and little stuff like backpacks are as far as I see it go nowadays.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It was UCLA and they were a little bit extra stupid.
Not Arizona State extra stupid, but getting there.

And I basically grew up on 6th street in Austin.
After OJ, know what USC stood for? University of Scared Caucasians...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
After OJ, know what USC stood for? University of Scared Caucasians...
what-meme.gif

CCBoy

Reaction score
No one stuttered...do you remember the following of his vehicle through Los Angeles?

Cesar Chavez grito was Cesar...Chavez.
The Black Panthers tried to get a foothold at Del Mar College and the 'black community' in Corpus Christi got together and told them they didn't want them on campus at Del Mar....when Eugene Upshaw was drafted by Oakland and then from A&I were drafted David Hill, Eldridge Small, Dwight Harrison, Ernest Price,Levi Johnson, and Don Hardeman.

I like Mazi Smith a lot now.

Motorola

Reaction score
But I do like how media savvy he's been since day 1. He seems to notice all of the set-up questions. Bright young dude. Hope the nfl game matches
Most of the outstanding college football players today have been n the media spotlight since their teenage years.
If not their parents, they have had other relatives, coaches, mentors, and "handlers" to understand and thus help them navigate the sports media obsession and scrutiny.
I'm not stating Mazi Smith did not possess the self-awareness, ability, and confidence on his own to handle this enormous step in his life;
but I think his collegiate program provided resources to help prepare him for this opportunity.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Gotta love how he doesn't get baited unto answering. He says what he wants and moves on. This is maturity. Has Harbaugh written all over him. Great pick. It's grown on me