105.3 GBAG Nation said some in FO debated to fire Garrett after playoff loss

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Yesterday was first I heard that anyone had thought about letting Garrett go after the run the team went on.

GBAG nation said they’d been told a few wanted him gone which surprised them.

For those who want confirmation it’s
@Gavindawson
@JC1053
@MikeBacsik

If you’d like to follow up with them on social media since I hadn’t seen any written reports yet to that effect.

Pants

Reaction score
gotta admit that I read DBAG instead of GBAG....

....and, that sounds suspicious knowing JJ's man-love for Garrett....perhaps they were referencing bumping him up the ladder into the FO and hiring someone?

I am still wanting to know WHAT they (FO) were talking (on here and other areas) about when the final 4 was sitting there and there were references that their new OC was coming from one of the final 4 teams....then Moore gets announced - did something fall thru?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

....and, that sounds suspicious knowing JJ's man-love for Garrett....perhaps they were referencing bumping him up the ladder into the FO and hiring someone?

I am still wanting to know WHAT they (FO) were talking (on here and other areas) about when the final 4 was sitting there and there were references that their new OC was coming from one of the final 4 teams....then Moore gets announced - did something fall thru?
They "like their coaches," so they say. Now, they're proving it . . . :muttley:

Reaction score
We have a first place schedule next year with games against the Pats, Saints, Packers, Bears and Rams. I have a hard time thinking Garrett coaches us to wins in most of those games. I think he’ll be gone and, if Sean Payton is smart, he’ll take the boatload of money Jerry will offer because Brees is almost done.

Last edited:

robjay04

Reaction score

JJ also has a “man-love” for Dez. He’s invited Dez to his box seat since he has been released.

People should realize by now that he is basically just a GM in name only at this point.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yesterday was first I heard that anyone had thought about letting Garrett go after the run the team went on.

GBAG nation said they’d been told a few wanted him gone which surprised them.

For those who want confirmation it’s
@Gavindawson
@JC1053
@MikeBacsik

If you’d like to follow up with them on social media since I hadn’t seen any written reports yet to that effect.

"Some" can reallly only mean Jerry or Stephen.

I think it means Stephen considered firing him but Jerry made Stephen wait.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Will McClay gives primary input on most on field issues that aren’t cap related. Don’t know who are the top people McClay oversees that may give their opinion

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJ also has a “man-love” for Dez. He’s invited Dez to his box seat since he has been released.

People should realize by now that he is basically just a GM in name only at this point.

Yes, they now function as Jerry=owner, Stephen=GM.

Even hands-off owners get involved in firing/hiring the Head Coach.

It was obvious that at this time last season Stephen was not happy with Garrett's involvement in the offense and possibly beyond the offense.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

Stephen is the cap guy, Will McClay is the talent evaluator. McClay gives his opinions on which guys should be on the team and Stephen figures out cap wise how to fit them on there