105.3 GBAG Nation said some in FO debated to fire Garrett after playoff loss

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a conversation every owner should have every year unless you are Mr Kraft with Bill as his coach.

Reaction score
I think they’re going for Sean Payton next year and this season is just a bridge towards that.

That’s why I don’t think Dak gets a contract.

I think that’s exactly why Dak DOES get a contract. Payton isn’t coming to DAL unless the QB situation is settled long term. He would leave NO only because they have no QB waiting in the wings after Brees.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Yesterday was first I heard that anyone had thought about letting Garrett go after the run the team went on.

GBAG nation said they’d been told a few wanted him gone which surprised them.

For those who want confirmation it’s
@Gavindawson
@JC1053
@MikeBacsik

If you’d like to follow up with them on social media since I hadn’t seen any written reports yet to that effect.
if this is really true then they should of fired him it wont help the team this season with the players and coaching knowing what could of happened this is a bad way for the offseason to start

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
"Some" can reallly only mean Jerry or Stephen.

I think it means Stephen considered firing him but Jerry made Stephen wait.

Speaking of Stephen, he's been awful quiet lately. Unless I miss something, we haven't heard a word from regarding Moore hiring or Linehan firing.

lukin2006

Reaction score
And they should have fired that clown as well as RM and KM ...

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think they’re going for Sean Payton next year and this season is just a bridge towards that.

I sorta feel that as well. Sucks to throw away seasons but hope we are right.

LittleD

Reaction score

I wish that was a viable option but, Payton won't come to Dallas unless he gets control like Parcells did for a year. Most great coaches will not even visit Dallas cause they get no real control
on staff or players. Jerry and Stephen both meddle.

LittleD

Reaction score
I think that’s exactly why Dak DOES get a contract. Payton isn’t coming to DAL unless the QB situation is settled long term. He would leave NO only because they have no QB waiting in the wings after Brees.

Payton isn't coming to Dallas unless Jerry gives up control and you Jerry and Stephen won't do that. Parcells is the only coach Jerry gave some leeway to and then brought in the "player" to cause issues. Payton is too smart to sign up for that soap opera.

Turtle0986

Reaction score
I think that after they said they wont be talking about extending him or doing anything contract wise, that Garret could still be on the way out after this season, even if they do like last year and have one playoff win again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Some" can reallly only mean Jerry or Stephen.

I think it means Stephen considered firing him but Jerry made Stephen wait.

I think it came down to whether or not they could get Sean Payton this year. Ultimately they couldn't this year, so they compromised and gave Garrett another year until they revisit things next year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I tend to agree. I think the Cowboys are more appealing by keeping their options open on Dak rather than forcing any next coach to keep him as their starter. Leave the decision up to the new guy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Payton isn't coming to Dallas unless Jerry gives up control and you Jerry and Stephen won't do that. Parcells is the only coach Jerry gave some leeway to and then brought in the "player" to cause issues. Payton is too smart to sign up for that soap opera.

I've never heard of Payton being a guy that's all that worried about "control".

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish that was a viable option but, Payton won't come to Dallas unless he gets control like Parcells did for a year. Most great coaches will not even visit Dallas cause they get no real control
on staff or players. Jerry and Stephen both meddle.

Jerry and Sean Payton are very good friends...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry and Sean Payton are very good friends...
which is why I haven't ruled out SP coming here even this year. Garrett hasn't exactly been given a vote of confidence. HC could still be up in the air. Its been crickets from the SP camp btw. Could mean he's mulling things over.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Speaking of Stephen, he's been awful quiet lately. Unless I miss something, we haven't heard a word from regarding Moore hiring or Linehan firing.

Last I heard from him, he was saying we shouldn't expect any big splashes in FA.