Video: 105.3 | How Dak Prescott Calling Plays Prepared Him For The Regular Season

Mannix

Reaction score
Belt is the biggest Dak homer at The Fan....he was even kidded about it this morning. I think they threw Dak a bone letting him call plays, to show him how much he is "respected"....possibly worrying bout his little feelings coming off the Lance acquisition..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Belt is the biggest Dak homer at The Fan....he was even kidded about it this morning. I think they threw Dak a bone letting him call plays, to show him how much he is "respected"....possibly worrying bout his little feelings coming off the Lance acquisition..
no it was just really smart coaching wise. It teaches Dak how you need to run the ball and dump it off in order to keep the sticks moving rather then going for the big play. Just move the chains. Get the ball out quick and keep the defense honest with the run game. Let your playmakers do the work. Get them the ball in space and let them earn their money.

Qcard

Reaction score
Worried about a player that has 500 career pass attempts.

Dak Haters have no clue what little means:lmao2::laugh:

Proof

Reaction score
you sound so dumb lol. dak calling plays was just an interesting wrinkle and it looks to have paid some serious dividends.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Physical talent and knowledge do not travel the same curve. Physically Dak is probably as good as he's going to get, but there's always room to grow mentally. It is not handcuffed to age much like physical talent. Seeing and participating in the game from a different viewpoint can only help with his recognition and audible calls at the line. I'm looking forward to seeing a more involved Dak Prescott.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I like it. If someone likes Prescott then their opinion should just be discarded. Doesn't seem like mindless bias at all.

Jipper

Reaction score
Prepare him for the regular season? No

Give him some good experience from a different pov? Yes

Let's not make too much or too little out of this one - it was a good exercise and glad to see it done but have rather seen it coupled with a quarter or two of live game action in the 2nd game.

Next Sunday is going to be off timing wise but will get better by the time the Jets come to town

Reactions: CWR

StuckMojo

Reaction score
no it was just really smart coaching wise. It teaches Dak how you need to run the ball and dump it off in order to keep the sticks moving rather then going for the big play. Just move the chains. Get the ball out quick and keep the defense honest with the run game. Let your playmakers do the work. Get them the ball in space and let them earn their money.
Dak should have known these things since he was a rookie

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak should have known these things since he was a rookie
You mean the year he won rookie of the year?

Of course he knew. Thats why he ran the #1 offense in football for the last 3 years when he was the QB. Always nice to get another perspective and hammer home the point.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Of course he knew. Thats why he ran the #1 offense in football for the last 3 years when he was the QB. Always nice to get another perspective and hammer home the point.
For what it's worth, the last 3 years would include 2020-2022 which saw Dak miss a total of 17-1/2 out of 50 games (35% of games missed). So to say Dak led the #1 offense the last 3 years is a bit misleading per say.

StuckMojo

Reaction score

Yes the year he won rookie of the year although Zeke was the catalyst of the offense that year. Just because someone makes a critique of Dak doesn’t mean they don’t pull for Dak. He is QB of the Cowboys so that means he is my fav QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the last 3 years would include 2020-2022 which saw Dak miss a total of 17-1/2 out of 50 games (35% of games missed). So to say Dak led the #1 offense the last 3 years is a bit misleading per say.
When Dak was the QB, the Cowboys offense was the #1 scoring offense in football. Thats a fact.

I understand its one that doenst suit your agenda.

I know you love Rush, but the Cowboys points per game goes from 19 per game with Rush to over 30 with Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes the year he won rookie of the year although Zeke was the catalyst of the offense that year. Just because someone makes a critique of Dak doesn’t mean they don’t pull for Dak. He is QB of the Cowboys so that means he is my fav QB.
I would argue that the Cowboys Oline in 2016 was the catalyst. Zeke no doubt made the offense hum. But he didnt win rookie of the year, Dak did.

There are a bunch of QB's I would gladly take over Dak. I like Dak because he is a good QB we got with a 4th round pick. We got lucky again like we did with Romo.