105.3 The Fan: Dak + 10th pick for Deshawn Watson?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So true. I've learned to put them on "ignore". The part of Dak’s game that separates him from the rest is his smart decision making. Although his 4 seasons is a small sample size, Dak ranks 3rd all-time in interception percentage.

This is the percent of passes thrown that leads to interceptions. Through his 4 seasons, Dak has an interception percentage of just 1.7, which trails only Mahomes (1.3) & Wodgers (1.4). Once again, Dak is a part of elite company. BOOM!
Amen, Beautiful! ♡
:starspin:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
In a heartbeat. Watson would be as good as mahomes with the same supporting cast and surroundings. That org. has done him no favors.

He is a way better qb than dak and pretty much anyone else in the league.

Disagree.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I heard that if the Texans were to trade Watson, they would want 3 1st round picks.

If Dak is as good as Watson or better, I’ll gladly take 3 1sts for Dak in a trade.

I’ll even throw in Zeke for a second or third or fourth.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Keeping in mind that Deshawn Watson is under contract for the next 5 years at a cap hit average of 33 m/yr and is coming off an outstanding season on a cruddy team....

105.3 The Fan was asking its listeners the other day if they would make this trade:

• Dallas trades 27 year old Dak Prescott (and his expected 40 m/yr for 5 years asking price) plus their 2021 1st rounder

• Houston trades 25 year old Deshawn Watson (ave cap 33 mil for nxt 5 years)

Would you do it?

Nope. That would be dumb IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If we can't sign Dak, then we should be looking at drafting a guy and leveraging the advantage of the 5 years of cap benefit afforded us. We should not be trading for a player who is already bringing a big cap number to the team.

If that is the decision, then trade Dak, get picks, improve our team, draft a young QB this year and extend Dalton on the cheap. Dalton is plenty good enough to bridge us from Dak to our next QB if that's how we decide to go here.

That's the smart move IMO.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Wait, they get Dak AND our first? That would be galactically stupid even by Jones boy standards.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Only an idiot would think that.

This speaks as someone who hasn't been paying attention to anything outside of the Cowboys, because Watson is a million times better now than he was a rookie.

Okay.. based on what? Stats? That's the only thing it can be because.. you know.. 4-12... His QBR as a rook was 83.5 This season it was 71.0 .. Maybe his stats were garbage time? Dak's rookie QBR was 77.6 and 78.4 this year.. Watson's sack percentage for his career is a ridiculous 9.1% .. Dak's is 6.0. Somebody holds onto the ball too long.. Still I agree with you that Watson is garbage is a brain dead take. He's clearly an extremely talented QB whom I would be happy to have on my team. I just don't buy that he's head and shoulder better than Dak.. and Dak has certainly improved more from year one to now than Watson has.. but that's no big deal really because he started out MILES behind owing to the respective college systems they played in. I aint here to piss on Watson. I think dude's a great player.. but I would not trade Dak and a #1 pick for him..

Vanilla2

Reaction score
And Watson is definitely gonna want less so much less I think we throw in a 2022 first as well so dak we mean business

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Hell yeah I would you give Watson Dak's healthy OL and Zeke with these weapons he wins the MVP of the league and Super Bowl. Some of you clearly don't know football Watson put up breath taking stats but clearly has been running for his life behind that POS line in Houston. Then throw on top of it his coach trades away his best weapon on the team for an over the hill RB who did nothing this year. Anyone that thinks Deshaun Watson is overrated or not better than Dak is clearly either on dope or dogfood LOL

Flamma

Reaction score
Let me get this straight, Watson wants out? Because the team can't trade him unless he is ok with it.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
this would be super stupid. Dak is the better QB and we give up the 10th overall pick lol.