1080I or 1080P

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
silverbear;1731913 said:
Yup, there are about 70 of 'em available now, with more to come in the near future... you UFC fans with HDTV will be able to watch the Spike Network in hi def before the end of the year... I'm rather pleased to learn that Comcast MidAtlantic is hi def, I'll be able to watch the Wizards games in hi def this winter... the Golf Channel is hi def now, too... :D

My nephew's weird, he got excited to learn that the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet were gonna be available in hi def... he's one of those UFC fans, too... now to get MidAtlantic SportsNet in hi def before the Orioles resume play next spring; I'm told that it's available in hi def to cable subscribers, so maybe it won't be too much longer...

We live in great times to be couch potatos, friends...

That's not weird at all...there are awsome programs on these channels, and to see them in HD is amazing.

Almost every time we went to our Best Buy to check out HDTV's they had the Discovery Channel on...it blew us away.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;1731757 said:
I'm getting my new receiver tomorrow. They promised me when I signed up I'd get the new one (the HR20) when it came out later that year. When it came out and I called they told me they didn't have any record of that and it would be $100 to upgrade. I complained to no avail, and so never upgraded to the HR20.

That was until about 3 months ago someone mentioned in a thread that you are supposed to get a free $100 upgrade every 6 months. I called them about this and they said it was true but I could wait a few more months and there would be another newer model out. In the mean time they could upgrade my other standard receiver to HD. I did that since I picked up a second TV (which I later returned) for a kickoff party this year.

This past week I saw the new HR21 model at Best Buy and called DTV about getting my new receiver to replace my current HD-DVR. At first they wanted me to pay $100 and not get the free upgrade they promised me (again!). But after calling a 2nd time I was able to get the upgrade scheduled for tomorrow. They are charging me the $20 shipping fee which they originally told me they would waive. Little ticked about that. I'm also getting the HR20, not the HR21. They said they aren't sending those to customers yet, even though they're available at stores. But that's ok since I checked and basically all it has is a bigger HD, but it doesn't have an OTA tuner so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Now yesterday I bought 2nd HDTV again to go with the other HD receiver, so now I'll have 2 HDTVs going on Sundays. One 61" and one 32". Once the season is over the 32" and receiver will go into the bedroom to replace our crappy 13" cube of a TV (which is currently in the living room so I can squint to try and watch a 2nd game on Sundays).
Interesting, I got the HR21. Didn't know what I was getting. Tech told me they're only sending them to selected regions. He mentioned Dallas, New York, LA, I think. Apparently mine was the first one, he'd ever installed. It's black. Don't really care for that. I had a silver theme going with my electronic equipment. Oh well.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1735560 said:
Interesting, I got the HR21. Didn't know what I was getting. Tech told me they're only sending them to selected regions. He mentioned Dallas, New York, LA, I think. Apparently mine was the first one, he'd ever installed. It's black. Don't really care for that. I had a silver theme going with my electronic equipment. Oh well.

Yeah, I'm in KC, we don't get anything until well down the road. Not sure how I feel about the HR20. The remote doesn't seem half as responsive as it should. The menus and everything aren't all that great looking. The guide does move a lot faster than my old receiver though, that's good. I think that's the only thing I like about it compared to my old one. That and being able to get the new HD channels. I don't think my problem with the receivers crashing/locking will go away anytime soon. It already locked onto a channel and was unresponsive to the remote after 1 day, had to reset it, which I hate because it takes about 15 min. to be able to watch TV again. This happened all the time on Sundays with the old receiver. Guess it didn't like me changing channels back and forth all the time.