11 point minimum swing on 2 calls

DLCassidy

Reaction score
I'm not a whiner about officials but the two key plays of the game were the non call of offensive PI at the very end of the half and the OPI on Witten negating the TD and resulting in the Suisham miss. IMO Reggie Williams flat out pushed Henry to the ground and Witten's move happens on virtually every pass play and is very rarely called OPI. We still did a lot of bad things but those plays were huge.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
yep completely screwed us...we win if the refs do their job

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
I'm not a whiner about officials but the two key plays of the game were the non call of offensive PI at the very end of the half and the OPI on Witten negating the TD and resulting in the Suisham miss. IMO Reggie Williams flat out pushed Henry to the ground and Witten's move happens on virtually every pass play and is very rarely called OPI. We still did a lot of bad things but those plays were huge.

If youre going to call Witten on the push then you have to call Williams for puching Henry to the ground. I just want consistency and it wasnt there.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:

Williams TD doesn't even occur if Bledsoe doesn't throw his 1st pick. The defense just grabbed a turnover in Roy's interception, but Drew gave it right back. Could have gone into halftime with at least a 10-3 lead instead of tied.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Wrong.....we were driving at will.....and up by ten,

BP decides that is enough points to win and goes conservative. Jax scores 24 unanserwed points and we have to play from behind.

That is what is dissappointing. We should have gone for the throat then........

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That's what happens when you play a good team on the road.

Folks need to calm the frick down. We lost to an outstanding team in their house. They went 6-2 at home last year. Guess what. They are good.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
yep completely screwed us...we win if the refs do their job

No we dont. I hate to say it, but Dallas stunk. If Dallas plays a good game and the refs job us then maybe it is worth mentioning.

Its like in war. You got incoming artillery rounds, and grunts gaining ground on your foxhole. You dont complain about the mosquitos chomping down.

gbrittain

Reaction score
abersonc said:
That's what happens when you play a good team on the road.

Folks need to calm the frick down. We lost to an outstanding team in their house. They went 6-2 at home last year. Guess what. They are good.

Good teams have to beat good teams to win the Super Bowl. That is part of my aggrevation. Sure, I understand at some point in the season you are going to lose to a good team. This however does not look like an aberration of sorts. It is more like same ole same ole.

If we had found new ways to suck, I would not be as concerned.

2much2soon

Reaction score
I can't believe people are crying about the refs taking the game from Dallas when Jax had 2 very questionable possesion calls go against them.
If those 2 plays were actually correct due to a rule change, look for that rule to get rolled back next year. Even as a Dallas fan I was stunned.
Those PI calls have a way of evening out by the end of the season.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
ridiculous...totally different scenerios.

ON the Jax td, Henry ran over and made the contact, getting into the WR's chest with his back to the ball and the Wr simply pushed down on his head which was down anyway, like he was blocking the receiver and caught the ball with Henry never knowing where it was.

ON the Dallas Interference, Witten actually initiated the contact, unnecessarily since the guy was running back with him, not jamming him, and then pushed off with arms extended.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:

BP decides that is enough points to win and goes conservative. Jax scores 24 unanserwed points and we have to play from behind.

Yeah really consrvative. He barely ran the ball all game long. I kinda wish hed been more conservative and not let Bledsoe throw the ball so friggin much.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
No we dont. I hate to say it, but Dallas stunk. If Dallas plays a good game and the refs job us then maybe it is worth mentioning.

Its like in war. You got incoming artillery rounds, and grunts gaining ground on your foxhole. You dont complain about the mosquitos chomping down.

dallas stunk after the Henry non-call. then should have had a 7 pt. lead w/ the witten touchdown. thats what a 14 point swing...11 if jax makes the FG. IK we played like crap but when we didnt we got screwed

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:

I'm disappointed too, but I blame Bledsoe's execution, not the game plan.

I saw several go for the throat pass plays attempted. And they were open!

IMO, Parcells had the team's hands on the Jaguars' throat, but Bledsoe just couldn't squeeze .....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Good teams have to beat good teams to win the Super Bowl. That is part of my aggrevation.

while it's good to beat good teams, it's not necessarily important in wk. 1, esp. against an AFC foe, besides, we have a bevy of good opponents to face the rest of the season, sure the loss stings, but it's wk. 1

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
while it's good to beat good teams, it's not necessarily important in wk. 1, esp. against an AFC foe, besides, we have a bevy of good opponents to face the rest of the season, sure the loss stings, but it's wk. 1

Is it my imagination or is your sig pic suddenly bigger? :)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:

Stop being such a homer. Witten's pushoff was much more obvious/flagrant. And since when did a reciever need to push off to beat Henry today?

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
I can live with the Henry non-call.

The Witten call was downright disgusting.