Twitter: 12/27 Twitter thread

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, we're gonna lose.....

No. We'll win yet another meaningless game that accomplishes nothing other than giving us worse draft standing. It's is the hallmark and legacy of the entire Jason Garrett era. As he did last week, he loses anything resembling an important game but crushes it when there's no point and nothing to play for.

Fight.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
A big part of it is not only the local media, but the national media the Cowboys get day in day out. No excuses though as good coaching recognizes that and will tame it. I remember one of the SB years when the Cowboys were playing well and Charles Haley said, "We're just 2 losses in a row away from complete chaos."
And fans and media also project their own feelings on to the team. Not exactly neutral observers.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

I felt this may happen after the loss in Philly and all the talk surrounding the disappointment. Could see a very uninspiring product on the field Sunday afternoon. The Skins are missing too many players to pull it off but this will be a 17-13 type snoozefest.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I felt this may happen after the loss in Philly and all the talk surrounding the disappointment. Could see a very uninspiring product on the field Sunday afternoon. The Skins are missing too many players to pull it off but this will be a 17-13 type snoozefest.

I think this issue is symptomatic of what's happened with this organization.

There's no other actually, visible reasons to point to. In terms if injuries and suspensions, this team has been far more fortunate than any others. Missing players is absolutely not an excuse.

I feel it comes down to this, an old tired message from a neutered coach and staff that clearly have no answers. I mean how much should players buy in and pay attention to a lame duck coach that everyone knows is finished? A guy that everyone knows the team tried unsuccessfully to replace LAST YEAR? Why would anyone pay attention to anything he has to say? And by extension, why follow coaches who send you out on the field unprepared and at a disadvantage every week? I'd tune them out too, and it's clear to me that's what these players have done.