12-5 is in the realm of possibility

ghst187

Reaction score
The QB position, regardless of who is starting, is a huge Achilles heel. If either turns the ball over, going to be hard to beat anyone. Also, red zone TDs are a huge problem. The defense is legit but I wouldn’t look at any game on the schedule and say auto W

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
One game at a time guys, one game at a time. What purpose do these kind of threads serve? Nothing can be predicted atm. Let's beat the Rams and be a true contender. If we can't do that then it'll be another meaningless season regardless of how many wins they rack up. Post season is where it counts and anything but two wins there would be a disappointment.

If the defense can keep it up and if Dak somehow finds his old strength and quickness we're on to something. Until then we're just staying afloat.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
As long as this team continues to play like they have the last 3 weeks, finishing 12-5 is definitely possible.

11-6 is likely.

10-7 is our floor.

I think Dallas takes 1 of the next 2 (most likely beat the Rams and lose to Philly).

Then they have Detroit and Chicago at home, which should be 2 easy wins.

Then 2 away games against the remaining NFC North teams, the Packers and Vikings. Lose to the Packers (although we have a 50/50 shot in that game imo) and beat Minnesota again like last year.

7-3 going into Thanksgiving where we'll feast on the Giants. Then Indy and Houston. 2 winnable games and we could be at 10-3.

Jacksonville, Philly, Tennessee and Washington to close out the season. Say we go 2-2 in those final 4 games.

12-5

:starspin:
Good post............I got us going 11-6

That should be good enough for at least a wildcard.

DStar22

Reaction score
We've seen 12-5, but this fan base is starving for playoff success. So much so that some fans see Cooper Rush and convince themselves he's Kurt Warner or Tom Brady.

Until the Cowboys make a run in postseason, every QB who comes to town will be judged accordingly whether that's fair or not.

Cooper Rush is definitely not Tom Brady, but he is good in the pocket and does not miss many opportunities due to inaccuracy or fear of throwing downfield.

as far as our season, I can't tell yet... these next 2 games will the reveal of how good we are imo.

75boyz

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but I want the winning a divisional round playoff game as the floor.
And the every year standard.

I know, and then I woke up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
12-5 as you laid out is very realistic.

Gotta stay healthy but there are a lot of bad football teams this year and this Dallas roster is really solid.

Mannix

Reaction score
Dak is REALLY going to struggle with this receiving corp....you wait and see.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd be reasonably pleased with a 10-7 finish and a chance to participate in the playoffs.
I'm somewhat easy to please. Anything more would see me doing somersaults. :grin:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I think the next 2 games are very winnable. Third in the league in points allowed does wonders for any team. You know Rush is putting in the study time. This is his big shot for a major payday somewhere. If I were him, I would move out of the house and live at the stadium and do nothing but become better prepared for the next two games.
well, these 2 games will be the barometer of the possible record going forward.

it will be a gauge of where we actually are..or arent..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dudes it’s not even remotely funny be joking about that stuff. Have you seen what going on in the world???

Yes. You are correct. I had not gotten the memo that humor, however strained, would be suspended until ALL wars/disease/concussions/hunger/dis domination worldwide cease. We shall all hold our breath....

Praxit

Reaction score
As long as this team continues to play like they have the last 3 weeks, finishing 12-5 is definitely possible.

11-6 is likely.

10-7 is our floor.

I think Dallas takes 1 of the next 2 (most likely beat the Rams and lose to Philly).

Then 2 away games against the remaining NFC North teams, the Packers and Vikings. Lose to the Packers (although we have a 50/50 shot in that game imo) and beat Minnesota again like last year.

7-3 going into Thanksgiving where we'll feast on the Giants. Then Indy and Houston. 2 winnable games and we could be at 10-3.

Jacksonville, Philly, Tennessee and Washington to close out the season. Say we go 2-2 in those final 4 games.

12-5
..rather beat Rams and Philly, lose to Det...lol.. The irony of life.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think this will be a playoff team, but lot of football left to play. If you asked me that after week 1 I would probably say no way.

Loso86

Reaction score

11-6 is likely.

10-7 is our floor.

12-5
16-1 is possible too smh