128 million for 5 players

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Lamb isn’t going to be easy. He may be looking to be the highest paid WR which would exceed 30M per. WR money is skyrocketing.
Just read a tweet that Justin Jefferson recently turned down $30M per from the Vikings.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Ooooof that is rough. Pretty sad list IMHO. Aside from Lamb that list is very meh.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Lamb got punked by the Green Bay cornerback and just took it, damn if I would make him highest paid WR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember I said this!
OK I won't. But many of us have been saying this for weeks. Lol!

Just like advocating trading down and get a center, then use the draft pick you gain plus pick 56 to move up and get Sweat. Great start to the draft.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb got punked by the Green Bay cornerback and just took it, damn if I would make him highest paid WR
The difference in pay among the top 4-5 WR's is minimal compared to the overall value of the contract. Even if you give him $2-3M less, it's not enough to make much difference.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
OK I won't. But many of us have been saying this for weeks. Lol!

Just like advocating trading down and get a center, then use the draft pick you gain plus pick 56 to move up and get Sweat. Great start to the draft.
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I just fell in love with you (not really) wow that's the prettiest thing you've ever said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We surely will need to get back up to nab him, that would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sign me up now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on big puppy!!

Creeper

Reaction score
Just remember Dak signed for $160 million over 4 years. He counts $60 million this year because they pushed money into the future due to restructures. Now imagine if Dak gets another 4 year deal at $60 million per year. What will his CAP his be in year 4 or his new deal? $90 million?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just read a tweet that Justin Jefferson recently turned down $30M per from the Vikings.
He wants to reset the market and be paid more than Tyreek Hill. Jefferson is coming off a down year due to injuries.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
432527342_734794222074359_980340378776539992_n.jpg
Cowboys signed Kendricks..

HungryLion

Reaction score
Currently, 5 players are taking up more than half the team’s salary cap for next season.

Dak, Lamb, Diggs, Zach and Tank total about 128 million and the cap is 255 million.

We’re gonna have to fill the roster with league minimum players unless extensions happen pronto.
I think this similar scenario applies to a lot of teams. Basically any team in the league with their QB on a second deal is top heavy like this.