128 million for 5 players

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Currently, 5 players are taking up more than half the team’s salary cap for next season.

Dak, Lamb, Diggs, Zach and Tank total about 128 million and the cap is 255 million.

We’re gonna have to fill the roster with league minimum players unless extensions happen pronto.
Make a lot of trades during the draft

stiletto

Reaction score
I think they are planning to eat it all and reboot. Less dead money in 2025 if you just suck it up let everyone play out their contracts. Fresh start in 2025. Who plays QB is the big issue but at this point, why not? We aren't winning a SB with Dak even if they were really "all in".

Chasing6

Reaction score
Make a lot of trades during the draft
DLaw and Martin are likely not trade-able, both will be retiring soon. Dak has a no trade clause.

So only Diggs, Micah and CD could be significant trade bait, but if the plan is to rebuild, why not.

Stack picks and get $100M below the salary
cap.
Build from the inside out - trenches first.
Then get your QB.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
DLaw and Martin are likely not trade-able, both will be retiring soon. Dak has a no trade clause.

So only Diggs, Micah and CD could be significant trade bait, but if the plan is to rebuild, why not.

Stack picks and get $100M below the salary
cap.
Build from the inside out - trenches first.
Then get your QB.
Not what I'm talking about by any means! Should have been more clear, I meant trading picks in the draft

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Diggs is a simple restructure
Lamb shouldn't be that hard
Dak....vomit
Tank and Zach on their last ride with Dallas
The facts are the Cowboys could save $65 million in cap space WITHOUT extending Dak’s contract another year. Let that sink in. I know everyone blames a few high paid players like Dak, but this is the FO choosing to not do what they could with cap space.

Dak and Zack Martin (who has already been extended for cap space) have clauses that allow a year or even two years of money to be carried forward without adding contract years. It’s all in this article below.
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...65m-cap-space-without-extending-dak-prescott/

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
those guys are just dak good. "get that money boi's, you can only play for a limited amount of time. The team doesn't matter today in this messed-up world. Things have changed" "get that money"
The team doesn't matter today because the people who own it don't give a crap about the team. It's a cash printing machine and they understand that whether the Cowboys are having a good year or a bad year - revenue wise they are still going to rake it in.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Why should fans and millionaire athlete's want to do this Billionaire family any favors? We've already made them richer than any sports franchise in the HISTORY of sports without any hardware to show for it!
I agree, but there are plenty of folks around here doing exactly what's mentioned in that tweet. They blame Dak and are telling him to take less money so this team can be "competitive" lol

MikeT22

Reaction score
I'm sorry but we need to find someone to trade with trade down, pick up an extra 3rd somehow try and get a fourth was well. To me this would make me happy
Last year we had that option and Jerry nixed it because he was afraid of losing out on Mazi or Bergeron. KC offered the 31st pick and their 3rd for our 26th pick. Rumor has it KC was after Mazi, which I don't know whether to believe it or not. But if so, they would have done us a big favor by taking him and leaving us with Bergeron and a 3rd. But Jerry the risk-taker was afraid.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry but we need to find someone to trade with trade down, pick up an extra 3rd somehow try and get a fourth was well. To me this would make me happy
Wouldn't surprise me if that happened also. If the board falls right, there could be a couple of offers.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Last year we had that option and Jerry nixed it because he was afraid of losing out on Mazi or Bergeron. KC offered the 31st pick and their 3rd for our 26th pick. Rumor has it KC was after Mazi, which I don't know whether to believe it or not. But if so, they would have done us a big favor by taking him and leaving us with Bergeron and a 3rd. But Jerry the risk-taker was afraid.
Could have let them have him sheesh