13 and 3 which burns more

Gator88

Reaction score
Dallas wasn't doing anything in 2007 after TO got hurt, so I'd say last year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Two different situations.

2007 - We had 13 Pro Bowlers, An Elite offense, and probably were well on our way to coasting through the playoffs. That Giants team was probably the only team in the dance we would have lost to. And playing them the 3rd time did the trick.

2016 - The fact that Aaron Rodgers came and did what he did was not as annoying as 2007, since we were playing with house money anyway.

2014 hurt more than both of those years. TBH, that was Romo prime. And the defense was a tick better. We had the blueprint, and the NFL took it from us. That ended up being Romo's last game too. That team felt better than the 2016 team.
We lost the Patriots by 3 touchdowns in 2007.
Not sure how you could think the Giants were the only potential playoff problem that year.
The Crayton pullup on the game-winning TD pass was crushing though.
Giants got hot and ran the table

I agree that 2014 was brutal....absolutey brutal.
That defense isnt winning anything though.
Same for 2016

As for the OP; he loses football savvy cred by even mentioning friggin Cabo. Zero effect on that game and 10+ days before the game.

Last edited:

Alweezy

Reaction score
We lost the Patriots by 3 touchdowns in 2007.
Not sure how you could think the Giants were the only potential playoff problem that year.
Well at that point we're in the SB! And I remember here on CZ people actually felt we'd do well in the rematch. I wasn't sure about "doing well", but I'd take being in the SB over what we're into now. Comparing almost, and what if's..

Back to 2007 tho.. We were in that elite class. That was truly our year. I remember that year people kept hyping us up unnecessarily with the whole 13 pro bowler thing. Whereas 2016 we just kind of went with the hot hand, in 07, we were a problem offensively for many teams.

I remember thinking it was us and GB that were the favorites, and at that time, Dal vs. GB wasn't a problem like it is now. I was real confident that if we saw them in the playoffs we'd have won the rematch.

I did not like that NYG matchup at all. It reeked of NFC East "anything can happen" football. And that's what ended up happening.

aria

Reaction score
Giants burn the worst by far. First off, the Giants are possibly our biggest rivals. Secondly, we already beat them twice that year. Third, Romo spent the bye in Cabo which only added to speculation about his mindset, commitment, etc and left a lot of us asking “what if he hadn’t gone”. Fourth, we were dominant that year with possibly one of the most talented teams we’ve had in decades and all peaking at the right time. Last year no one expected us to do nearly as good as we did. Fifth, we were beat by Eli, not one of the best QB’s to ever play the game. Not even close IMO.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well at that point we're in the SB! And I remember here on CZ people actually felt we'd do well in the rematch. I wasn't sure about "doing well", but I'd take being in the SB over what we're into now. Comparing almost, and what if's..

Back to 2007 tho.. We were in that elite class. That was truly our year. I remember that year people kept hyping us up unnecessarily with the whole 13 pro bowler thing. Whereas 2016 we just kind of went with the hot hand, in 07, we were a problem offensively for many teams.

I remember thinking it was us and GB that were the favorites, and at that time, Dal vs. GB wasn't a problem like it is now. I was real confident that if we saw them in the playoffs we'd have won the rematch.

I did not like that NYG matchup at all. It reeked of NFC East "anything can happen" football. And that's what ended up happening.
Yeah, the 2007 team...though they were fading and a bit beat up....was better than either 2014 or 2016 teams
A decade ago, but still a bummer

Gator88

Reaction score
Giants burn the worst by far. First off, the Giants are possibly our biggest rivals. Secondly, we already beat them twice that year. Third, Romo spent the bye in Cabo which only added to speculation about his mindset, commitment, etc and left a lot of us asking “what if he hadn’t gone”. Fourth, we were dominant that year with possibly one of the most talented teams we’ve had in decades and all peaking at the right time. Last year no one expected us to do nearly as good as we did. Fifth, we were beat by Eli, not one of the best QB’s to ever play the game. Not even close IMO.
Dallas wasn't peaking at the right time in 2007. o_O They went into the playoffs having lost 2 out of their last 3, and their best offensive weapon was severely hurt.

Gator88

Reaction score
We love excuses ...

We’ve become a team of asthma field players .
:huh: find me a team that is built around an explosive passing offense and their best offensive weapon gets hurt and is completely ineffective, and I'll find you a team that didn't win in the playoffs unless they have a HOF coach.

aria

Reaction score
Dallas wasn't peaking at the right time in 2007. o_O They went into the playoffs having lost 2 out of their last 3, and their best offensive weapon was severely hurt.
He was still better than last year and one of the two losses was by a few points to a division rival and the week 17 loss I don’t even think the starters were playing.

aria

Reaction score
I HATE the giants but what I said is indisputable
I see you’re new here. Until you admit Romo is a god, the Cowboys are the best team ever and every official and NFL employee is and always has conspired against the Cowboys then you will never be accepted.

Oh yeah, you can never bash anyone on the team unless the majority of homers have already established said bashing. Good luck.