150+ dead in Paris attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sad. So sad. :( Why always in France though?

My wife and I were just in europe for a trip. We started in Amsterdam and took the train to Paris, I was really surprised to discover that you didn't have to go through security on either side. I remember thinking, what if I brought weed from Amsterdam to Paris? Didn't even consider that I could have brought something much worse.

For a country that seems to be a main target for terrorists, I was surprised by how lack their security was. I've heard their airport security is very tough as well, but they were nice enough when we flew out.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Not that it is important considering what's going on, but isn't it crazy how few details have been released so far?

Seems like their media is not jumping to conclusions or openly speculating.

This is just sick though. I just don't understand why anyone would do this.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Not that it is important considering what's going on, but isn't it crazy how few details have been released so far?

140 dead, probably more.

Suicide bombers responsible for explosions.

100 dead in theater alone, terrorists unloaded on crowd and hurled hand grenades. Shouted allah akbar and said "this is for Syria"

Apparent beheading on the street beforehand. Unconfirmed.

One arrested, told police he is with Isis, they were sent to Paris for this.

Not all shooters accounted for.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
My wife and I were just in europe for a trip. We started in Amsterdam and took the train to Paris, I was really surprised to discover that you didn't have to go through security on either side. I remember thinking, what if I brought weed from Amsterdam to Paris? Didn't even consider that I could have brought something much worse.

For a country that seems to be a main target for terrorists, I was surprised by how lack their security was. I've heard their airport security is very tough as well, but they were nice enough when we flew out.

did you take the Thalys train? Without borders, hard to do much I guess. No way there could be airport security at train stations given how many stations and passengers are there all the time.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
140 dead, probably more.

Suicide bombers responsible for explosions.

100 dead in theater alone, terrorists unloaded on crowd and hurled hand grenades. Shouted allah akbar and said "this is for Syria"

Apparent beheading on the street beforehand. Unconfirmed.

One arrested, told police he is with Isis, they were sent to Paris for this.

Not all shooters accounted for.

Source for details inside bataclan and beheading? Thanks.

Last edited:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
did you take the Thalys train? Without borders, hard to do much I guess. No way there could be airport security at train stations given how many stations and passengers are there all the time.

Yup. I certainly wasn't expecting airport level security, but I only noticed about 4 serious guards at the train station.

I see police and military just about every day riding the subway in NYC, so I guess I'm used to a little more presence - which is probably not a good thing either way.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Got engaged in Paris in 2006. Was just in Spain 2 weeks back. Sad for Paris and Europe in general where I'm sure all are on high alert

Without being politically correct I'd like to warn towns that they are about to be dirt and carpet bomb all areas harboring these people. Enough *****footing

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
158 confirmed dead.

Why can't we just mow em all down? Kill em all!

Lodeus

Reaction score
Update 11/13 8:38 p.m.: Drummer Julian Dorio’s brother Michael told Atlanta’s Channel 2 Action News that the attack happened in the middle of the band’s set:

He said they were playing, about six songs into the show, they heard, before they saw anything, they heard automatic machine gunfire. It was so loud, it was louder than the band, and they hit the stage floor. As they got up to try to evacuate they saw men with machine guns just shooting anything and everything in the venue. Fifteen hundred people, Julian said, was about the capacity of the venue. I don’t know if it was seated or standing but Julian, the lead singer and some of the crew, there was a door back of the stage that led to a street and they flew out the back door

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Paris is a beautiful magical city.

How sad & tragic.

I could cry thinking about the horror of it all.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

I have a story that can tell you one of the possible outcomes.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Source for details inside bataclan and beheading? Thanks.

Beheading might have been a bad interpretation. Now being reported as a "dismembered" body. Some attackers used suicide vest, might have been the remains of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.