15th in defense

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It really was. We had malcontents and guys that just didn’t care. Couple that with an awful read and react scheme and it was a recipe for disaster.

No question ........but credit MM, Jerry, and Stephen for not trying to sweep it under the rug to retain Nolan.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said in the off-season. This defense does not need to be top 10 overall. Just be playing like it come playoff push time and into the playoffs.
As many on here said, even with an average defense this team can go deep into the playoffs.

Also as we know, the defense would go through a learning curve, and if by the time they gel 6 to 8 games, or even 10 games, then be playing around 18 or better, even 14 to 16th. Which they are. We could then ge too playing like a top 10 defense, though ranked in the middle.
Just think if not for the injuries what could be. It is getting there though.

Get them all healthy for the December run.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The defense is better than what the rankings show. Other than Atlanta, when Dallas has a huge lead at the end of the 3rd quarter and all of 4th quarter they tend to play softer giving up easy completions and even points

It's a top 10 defense no doubt

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I said in the off-season. This defense does not need to be top 10 overall. Just be playing like it come playoff push time and into the playoffs.
As many on here said, even with an average defense this team can go deep into the playoffs.

Also as we know, the defense would go through a learning curve, and if by the time they gel 6 to 8 games, or even 10 games, then be playing around 18 or better, even 14 to 16th. Which they are. We could then ge too playing like a top 10 defense, though ranked in the middle.
Just think if not for the injuries what could be. It is getting there though.

Get them all healthy for the December run.

+1 .....think the key is/was a lot of new players not use to playing together. It takes a while to gel........

AyeAtey

Reaction score
A good if not perfect spot to be in for now. Just keep improving.

Good luck to the unsuspecting teams playing a middle of the D.

More important, #1 in division. Just keep improving.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ranking defenses on yards allowed feels about as ancient as I do on certain days lol.

Get a turnover here and there, get off the field on key 3rd downs at a decent rate, and let the offense do the rest.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This team's D will be playing championship-level ball going into the playoffs. The last part of the season is when they tend to gel and play their best football. I'm so looking forward to the tournament this time. :D

RonnieT24

Reaction score
woo hoo, top half

10th in points per game though, pretty darn good

That's the big one!! If they can keep holding teams in the low 20's we're going to win 13-14 games.. Then it just becomes a matter of peaking for the playoffs. All the contenders in the NFC are going to have serious firepower on offense.. So a defense that can hold its own is going to be absolutely imperative come playoff time.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dude, it wasn't like we hung 40 on Arizona, it was bottom feeding Atlanta. A win is a win, but don't forget what Denver just did to us. This "D" has a ways to go.......
Sounds like you missed my intention. We are middle of the pack on defense, no better. But that’s wonderful considering where we were just a few months ago. I’d be happy with middle of the pack regardless, but we are middle of the pack with the extra bonuses of turnovers and the ability to get off the field on 3rd down.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
as long as we keep getting turnovers we are average but if those stop we will drop like a rock.