15th in defense

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Glad seeing them playing better but I still think this defense will continue to grow and improve as the season moves into the 2nd half of the season and hope to see one of the top defenses by post season. I think there is a good chance of that as guys like Lawrence and Gallimore return to the lineup and young players continue to develop

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The thing about seeing this team start to look really good is it has made us greedy. Most of us spent all offseason saying that if the defense could just be middle of the pack we would be okay. Now that it's there.. we're getting greedy. We know that a middle of the pack defense will not get us to the Super Bowl.. we know it all offseason.. so now we want top 10..

As some have mentioned.. we could have just that come playoff time. If we are at full strength with Lawrence and Gregory, Bashum and Armstrong on the ends with a nice rotation of Osa, Hill, Gallimore and Bohanna on the inside we will have a nice d-line rotation. Even though the Neal to LB experiment has been okay I think most would have to agree it hasn't wowed anybody. Kearse has been the best big safety playing around the line of scrimmage on the team. LVE has been mostly meh.. Parsons needs no introduction. I do think getting all the horses back up front will help the linebackers be better.

The secondary has not been completely locking down but nobody has really gone off on them either. Except for maybe Brady in the opener. That full strength pass rush will probably make sure that never happens again. I really do think this defense has the potential to be a top 5-10 type defense when it's all said and done. Who wouldn't be excited about that given that unless they just have a bad day the offense can hang 30 on anybody.

starfan1

Reaction score
I have little faith in this defense. I know what the stats say but i also watch this team give up yards. The only thing saving us is the turnovers. Who have we played besides Tampa (and they scored at will) to get a good guage? KC comes in 3rd we may get an idea what we are after this week. We are going to have to put up more points and keep them off the field. (Zeke and Pollard you're up)