16 more weeks till Belichick

75boyz

Reaction score
I could totally see this happening. Bill is a coaching legend, but look we would not be getting the same Bill as years ago. There's a reason other teams didn't hire him despite his resume. I much rather take a chance on a college coach or young coordinator..
Yeah it's been pretty well documented that a Belichick "without Brady" was not that good.
And his draft/personnel moves of the recent past were poor as well.

As much as I would like the discipline/accountability aspect, Belichick is not the way to go for the previously mentioned reasons.

jmo

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Belichick can't fix the Cowboys problem. The problem is Jerry being GM and hit band of misfit kids making the big decisions on personnel. Instead of just paying the bills, and being a smaller part of the decision making, he'd rather his ego drive the team into the ground, and along with it, it's storied history. "The gold old days" is a saying that a lot of us have embraced these past couple of decades. Sad but true.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Looking at the history of the NFL, how many coaches have left one team as a SB winner and won with another team?

None.

How many long-term coaches have won SBs?

Well, there's Andy Reid. That's about it.

The other SB winning coaches, like Landry, Belichick, Noll, Shula, Mcvay, Walsh, etc. were all young, innovatiive assistants when they became head coaches and later won SBs. (Belichick was head coach of the Browns first but only a few seasons).

We've had retreads in Parcells and McCarthy. Didn't/haven't won it all.

Sorry Bill, you were great, but no thanks...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I’d just as soon lose out and get a better pick.”
giphy.gif

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Bill B MAY want to coach again....but never in a million years for Jerruh. He knows what Dallas org is like better than any of us do. He wouldn't work for that senile old pants-urinating ego-maniac narcissistic liver spotted tyrant.

He would want to work WITH a progressive owner, that gives him control to run the team, who would be content winning SB's with Bellicheat getting the glory.

We all know Jerry would rather lose with him getting the attention, than win with someone else getting the credit and attention. If WE know that, you sure as rain can know that Bill B knows that.

Imagine Bill B taking orders from Jerry's idiot son Fredo? HA HA HA!!!!! only fat, spineless submissive coaches will work for Jerruh

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
We will get zimmer as head coach and not like it but love it!!! That or dallas makes the playoffs again and McCarthy gets resigned which is most likely.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Belichick won't help the problems in Dallas

the problems all start at the top and trickle down

calicowboy54

Reaction score
We all know it’s coming. I just assume lose out and get a better pick.
well several things will happen with this.
1. we will have a high draft pick to fix the NT situation
2. we will get better with penalties, more disciplined football.
3. more aggressive on defense with 3-4, micha will go off. we now have the LBers.
4. WE WILL FINALLY RUN THE D***N BALL.

CoachD

Reaction score
We all know it’s coming. I just assume lose out and get a better pick.
It might not take that long, this team could turn into the 2009-2010 Cowboys when they fired Wade Phillips in the middle of the season.

MS17

Reaction score
We already have an old retread calling the D that's going to be the next coach. Bill wants too much control for Jerry to give up.
Yes. Someone here said last summer, Bill would last "until the first time Jerruh barges in and interrupts a coachs' meeting." or something like that.
Belichick may be gruff and abrupt....but he isn't stupid enough to work for Jerry Jones.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Bill B MAY want to coach again....but never in a million years for Jerruh. He knows what Dallas org is like better than any of us do. He wouldn't work for that senile old pants-urinating ego-maniac narcissistic liver spotted tyrant.

He would want to work WITH a progressive owner, that gives him control to run the team, who would be content winning SB's with Bellicheat getting the glory.

We all know Jerry would rather lose with him getting the attention, than win with someone else getting the credit and attention. If WE know that, you sure as rain can know that Bill B knows that.

Imagine Bill B taking orders from Jerry's idiot son Fredo? HA HA HA!!!!! only fat, spineless submissive coaches will work for Jerruh
LOL.

Jerry and Bill are actually friends. And Jimmy Johnson is one of if not Bills best friend and is apparently now back in the fold.

This I think is Jerrys last go round and Stephen fully takes over next season.