16 more weeks till Belichick

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Jerry can't help himself, one last splash.

Little Bill's Ego won't resist the allure to turn this dying franchise around and show to the world he is the genius everyone thought at some point he was, and even better, doing it without Brady.

Will it work?

Of course not.

John813

Reaction score
I think it's a possibility.

Once again, not that I want it, but could see Jerry doing this for mulitple reasons:

1. Bill's a name. Media attention galore. "HOW WILL BILL WORK IN DALLAS" "Here's what Bill had to say about XYZ" etc... Non stop offseason talk and more emphasis on his weekly talks with the media.
2. Bill wants to coach, was willing to give up being the sole guy at GM in New England to stay
3. Jerry hates Kraft. He hires Bill, and in the miracle Bill can pull something off he gets the last laugh
4. I don't see a huge market for Bill. I would venture to say Kraft told Blank something to make them pass on Bill-per those earlier reports.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
LOL.

Jerry and Bill are actually friends. And Jimmy Johnson is one of if not Bills best friend and is apparently now back in the fold.

This I think is Jerrys last go round and Stephen fully takes over next season.
What does them being friends have to do with this?

A lot of people think it's wise to not work with family or friends.

As far as Jimmy....he's not coaching. If JIMMY wanted to coach again, I guarantee Dallas would be #32 on his pecking order.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We already have a coach who only looked good when he was tied to a really good QB. We don't need another who is much older. We saw Bill once Brady left.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I believe bill might be the guy. Jerry realizes his days on earth are numbered. He can't afford to play around so I wouldn't be surprised.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So basically if BB comes here he will have non of the power that made him successfull...what will that change?

exciter

Reaction score
Moore and Zimmer are probably at the top of Jerrys list.
Yeah well, at this point Zimmer will be lucky to still be the DC at the end of the season!
Passing on Durden looks like a really dumb decision about right now!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that supposed to be good news?

Like several have said here, Bill B is washed. He was a great coach in his hey-day. One of the greatest for sure. But much like Tom Landry or Don Shula, the day comes when the game passes even passes by the all time greats.

The other point I want to make is this: Changing HCs, QBs or Coordinators at this point is like a new paint job on the Titanic. The guy who built the ship is also the captain, and he runs into the same iceberg every season. Until we get a new ship architect and captain that knows what they are doing, no head coach can save this team.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Well. I do not see it coming. Jerry Jones would not be hiring a coach of Bill Belichick's caliber and reputation in order to help build a new stadium. I will believe Jones' mentality will buy into the partnership (at least in the beginning) only if the hiring does happen.
You said a whole lot of nothing, in a circular way, and left me confused. It was like a Jerry Jones press conference.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe bill might be the guy. Jerry realizes his days on earth are numbered. He can't afford to play around so I wouldn't be surprised.
Ironically Jerry is the one who wasted the last 25+ years. He only has himself to blame.

And I'd say there is virtually zero chance Jerry tries to hire Belichick. Even so, Bill will be 73...not the coach he was 10 years ago and no future with him either.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If a young Tom Brady isn't coming with him BB can stay wherever he's at. Just one more oldhead at the Star stuck in 90s to 2000s football.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I actually had a scenario that he might be here but as soon as the Ceeded and Prescots contracts happened, I gave up on that
There you go. Any coach who wants to choose his QB is going to think long and hard about an offer from Booger. And being tied to this QB for 5 years.

One of the selling points to bringing in BigMac was he told them to get him players and he would coach them.

In the end you have to settle for someone who gets along with the QB Booger wants

Kellen Moore fits the bill. Except Kellen may say no. And rather than have egg on his face, Booger will pretend he never asked.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, this part, hard to follow, very circular:

I will believe Jones' mentality will buy into the partnership (at least in the beginning) only if the hiring does happen.
Sorry. Translation based upon the scenario of Jones hiring Belichick:

Jones will convince himself into hiring Belichick, believing he can overshadow Belichick's aura of achievement if the team succeeds. However, Jones' narcissism will eventually motivate him into taking himself out of the backseat and firmly into the spotlight again, regardless if Belichick is successful or not.

Jones cannot help himself. He is a creature of habit.