18-6... penalties

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You think Jax was getting a little home cooking?

A Bill Parcells' team with 18 penalties... yeah sure, ok.

The officiating didn't cause the cowboys to lose, but it sure as hell made an effort.

If that Witten TD is PI, then Reggie Williams should be arrested for assault.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Yeah, that is a pretty incredible stat. 18 penalties? Lord... how many yards did that add up to?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:
Yeah, that is a pretty incredible stat. 18 penalties? Lord... how many yards did that add up to?

93 yards. But it's not just the yards, it the outcome of each penalty. Driver killers for us, and drive extenders for the Jags.

jlust22

Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:

The Cowboys had 9 penalties for 93 yards and Jax had only 2 penalties for 41 yds. Penalties were a real killer today. Just a bunch of stupid and unnecessary penalties on the Cowboys part today. They just didn't play a smart game today.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Rack said:

The officiating didn't cause the cowboys to lose, but it sure as hell made an effort.

Two overturned calls in our favor that were both BS. Just be glad Jax's defense was crippled and they played vanilla or it might have really been bad.

braw

Reaction score
Rack said:

PENALTIES Number and Yards 9-93 2-41

Do you ever research before rambling.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jlust22 said:
The Cowboys had 9 penalties for 93 yards and Jax had only 2 penalties for 41 yds. Penalties were a real killer today. Just a bunch of stupid and unnecessary penalties on the Cowboys part today. They just didn't play a smart game today.

From the NFL.com game stats...

Penalties-Yards 18-93 6-41

Dallas' are in bold.

Link

PENALTIES Number and Yards 9-93 2-41

Do you ever research before rambling.

Click the link and shut your mouth, Boy.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
In his defense on the NFL website recap it indicates 18 - 93 penalties. I thought 18 sounded like a crazy amount. 9 is bad enough. And, yes they did come at the worst times. Terrell had a 3rd down conversion on that Fasano 'pick'. Witten TD reversed. Holding penalties after first downs made. All in all, this game was decided by the penalties and by Flo just stinking it up. He is NOT recovered. NO way. NO how.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Rack said:

Absolutely. I wouldn't be suprised to see Henry with a neck brace this week. I am dissapointed at Akman, too. He said nothing of that mugging that Henry got, but was quick to say Witten interfered and that is why he was poen, which s complete BS.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:
In his defense on the NFL website recap it indicates 18 - 93 penalties. I thought 18 sounded like a crazy amount. 9 is bad enough. And, yes they did come at the worst times. Terrell had a 3rd down conversion on that Fasano 'pick'. Witten TD reversed. Holding penalties after first downs made. All in all, this game was decided by the penalties and by Flo just stinking it up. He is NOT recovered. NO way. NO how.

18-6... 9-2... doesn't really matter, my point still stands. The calls were heavily lopsided and that was the point.

jay cee

Reaction score
Rack said:

Thank you so much for pointing that out. I was about to start a thread asking everyone's opinion on the call against Witten and the no call one Williams TD.

I did not know the penalty discrepancy was that wide, and I also agree that the penalties did not cost the game, the turnovers were the biggest problem. That and the defense seeming to wear down.

braw

Reaction score
Rack said:
18-6... 9-2... doesn't really matter, my point still stands. The calls were heavily lopsided and that was the point.

It makes a difference when you ramble about something you don't know.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Rack said:

Absolutely. I wouldn't be suprised to see Henry with a neck brace this week. I am dissapointed at Aikman, too. He said nothing of that mugging that Henry got, but was quick to say Witten interfered and that is why he was open, which s complete BS.

braw

Reaction score
Rack said:
gamestats

That's the NFL.com gamestats. Next time you flap your gums and accuse someone of not doing research, do a little research of your own, Chico.

I did and you were wrong it was not 18 penalties. Well you're from Laredo...excused

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
Absolutely. I wouldn't be suprised to see Henry with a neck brace this week. I am dissapointed at Akman, too. He said nothing of that mugging that Henry got, but was quick to say Witten interfered and that is why he was poen, which s complete BS.

Yeah, Aikman was pretty annoying today.