18 former Cowboys headed to championship games

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Honorable mention to Matt Lafleur, the Rams OC and maybe future head coach of the Titans. I still remember him being drafted and giving pause when I heard on a draft show that he had pervious back problems...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
its based on the circumstance. Zimmer was DC in other places and was continuously passed over. he was DC in Cinci as well. He wasn't a top choice coaching candidate the season he got hired. He wasn't Minn. top choice. so he didn't run away. he left after parcells, because wade came in and brought his guys to do 3-4, where zimmer is a pure 4-3 guy.

its amazing how Newmann has been able to stay around. I do remember most on this board wanted him gone. I hated to let Church go. I thought between him and Williams, we let Williams walk and keep church. despite his couple of plays, I think heath is a JAG and would be a good 3rd safety, not a difference making starting safety.

parnell!! woopdee doo....

the other guys were just JAGs. they went to the right team at the right time. none of are difference makes, but roster fillers.

the other coaches, were 4-3 coaches with the cowboys who left after we went to 3-4 for a few years.

it wasn't a fit at the time.

you can also make the same argument for other teams in the league who are not in the conf. championships and their players are there, like Campbell from AZ and Jackson from Denver, etc. its not like this is a cowboys phenomenon.
I get what you and Rob are saying but we're not talking about other teams. We're talking about our Cowboys and how players tend to leave and flourish elsewhere....

Coaching??? HMMMM

There are several other players not in championship games that are flourishing elsewhere as well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I get what you and Rob are saying but we're not talking about other teams. We're talking about our Cowboys and how players tend to leave and flourish elsewhere....

Coaching??? HMMMM

There are several other players not in championship games that are flourishing elsewhere as well.
flourishing is a relative term. church...yes. newmann...yes, very surprising. the rest are Jags.....they are not key players on their teams. the teams got key players from other places.

and every team can say exactly what you said. its not like there is 18 cowboys and the rest were drafted by their teams.

again, at the time we let these players go. nobody batted an eye. now, they are flourishing.

what about former cowboys on other teams.....that missed playoffs, or lost in playoffs and they are not flourishing!!!

and while we are at it, who do you want to keep from current crop? who do you want to let go? and will you say that they flourished other places....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
flourishing is a relative term. church...yes. newmann...yes, very surprising. the rest are Jags.....they are not key players on their teams. the teams got key players from other places.

and every team can say exactly what you said. its not like there is 18 cowboys and the rest were drafted by their teams.

again, at the time we let these players go. nobody batted an eye. now, they are flourishing.

what about former cowboys on other teams.....that missed playoffs, or lost in playoffs and they are not flourishing!!!

and while we are at it, who do you want to keep from current crop? who do you want to let go? and will you say that they flourished other places....
Jesse Holley's perspective as shared recently on The Fan while attending a radio show. What say you about his comments?

Jesse Holley: "Let's start with the things I do agree with. Let's start with that. Do I agree that the Cowboys offense is not creative? Duh. I've been saying it since I stopped playing. We've been saying it every year. That's not new information. What Brice told us (Thursday) about the Cowboys offense not being creative, he didn't re-invent the wheel... We all know that, we've been saying that and screaming it from the top of our lungs for God knows how long. When people hear that, I'm not surprised. We've been screaming that forever under Jason Garrett's offense. This Cowboys offense lacks creativity, it lacks ingenuity, it lacks the ability to put its players in creative positions. We all agree on that.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL at the Cowboys official site firing off a press release talking about all their former players playing in the title games.

Hahahahahaha.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jesse Holley's perspective as shared recently on The Fan while attending a radio show. What say you about his comments?
its talking about offense not being creative. but how many former cowboys offensive players are "flourishing" and having successful years?

not sure what one has to do with the other...you just tried to completely change the argument to offensive creativity, vs. former players flourishing or not flourishing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Dallas has pretty much become the NFL minor league. Training future playoff bound players for 20 plus years.
It's that way for all teams not just the Cowboys.

Free agency and salary cap force roster turnover far more than in the older days.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Honorable mention to Matt Lafleur, the Rams OC and maybe future head coach of the Titans. I still remember him being drafted and giving pause when I heard on a draft show that he had pervious back problems...
David LaFleur? I almost forgot about that mountain of a TE:eek: and he was coming into his own before the back problems. He's the TE Aikman personally selected:oldcouple:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I only counted 6 players....who cares about Coaches

Amendola. MBennett, BChurch, JParnell, TNewman, Sendejo

That really is not even a footnote let alone a big story

Aven8

Reaction score

That was David wasn't it?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I only counted 6 players....who cares about Coaches

Amendola. MBennett, BChurch, JParnell, TNewman, Sendejo

That really is not even a footnote let alone a big story
How could I forget Kai Forbath, Joe Berger and Sammy Seamster(PS)

cml750

Reaction score
Good for them. They must enjoy getting away from Garrett and his process to nowhere.

JustChip

Reaction score

Coaching??? HMMMM

It's not just the Cowboys. It happens to every team. Can anybody say Buffalo and Marshawn Lynch?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
its talking about offense not being creative. but how many former cowboys offensive players are "flourishing" and having successful years?

not sure what one has to do with the other...you just tried to completely change the argument to offensive creativity, vs. former players flourishing or not flourishing.
I wasn't trying to change the argument. I was simply feeding you a different perspective that ties into the lack of ability by our coordinators to inspire excellence.