18-year old beheaded on bus...

dacarmelking210

Reaction score
:eek:

Man decapitated on Canadian bus
Thursday, 31 July 2008

A man on a Greyhound bus travelling across the Canadian Prairies has killed and decapitated a fellow passenger.

An eyewitness said the victim was stabbed 50 or 60 times by the man sitting next to him, who then severed his head with a large knife.

The driver pulled over and passengers fled from the bus, bracing the door to keep the attacker inside.

A 40-year-old man was arrested after a stand-off lasting several hours and remains in police custody.

The bus, with 37 passengers and a driver aboard, was travelling from Edmonton, Alberta, to Winnipeg, Manitoba.

"All of a sudden, we all heard this scream, this bloodcurdling scream," passenger Garnet Caton told CBC television.

"The attacker was standing up right over the top of the guy with a large hunting knife - a survival, Rambo knife - holding the guy and continually stabbing him... in the chest area," Mr Caton added.

'Like a robot'

The attack continued as passengers fled the bus and waited for police on a desolate stretch of the TransCanada Highway near Portage la Prairie, Manitoba.

Mr Caton, the bus driver and a trucker who had stopped at the scene boarded the vehicle to see if the victim was still alive.

"When we came back on the bus... he was cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up," Mr Caton said.

The attacker ran at them, Mr Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut to prevent him getting out.

"He calmly walks up to the front [of the bus] with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," Mr Caton said.

"There was no rage in him ... It was just like he was a robot or something," he added.

A 40-year-old man was arrested by police at around 0100 (0700 GMT) on Wednesday night, Royal Canadian Mounted Police Sgt Steve Colwell told reporters.

He said that police apprehended the suspect after a confrontation lasting several hours when the man broke a bus window and tried to escape.

The man has not yet been charged, Sgt Colwell said, adding that he could release no further information on the investigation.

The RCMP have not identified the suspect or the victim.

When the attacker tried to drive the bus away, the driver disabled the vehicle.

"Some people were puking, some people were crying, other people were in shock ... everybody was running, screaming off the bus," Mr Caton said.

Sgt Colwell said the "brave" behaviour of the passengers and driver probably prevented anyone else from being hurt.

Other passengers said that the attacker and his victim were sitting at the back of the bus and the victim, described as around 20 years old, was listening to music through headphones.

The attack appeared to be unprovoked and it is thought the killer did not know his victim.

The passengers have been taken to a hotel in Brandon, Manitoba, and are being given crisis counselling.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7535840.stm

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Sounds like they could've used some ruggers on that bus.

That's a terrible story.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am waiting for Canadian - kind of goes against the whole image of Canada he has projecting for so long.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2169698 said:
How could those people stand there and let that happen.

I have to wonder the same thing. Just like some of those shooting sprees at Universities...you would think one or two guys would try to do something.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2170057 said:
I have to wonder the same thing. Just like some of those shooting sprees at Universities...you would think one or two guys would try to do something.

Exactly, the guy they were talking to was in the seat right in front of them when the attack started. Why the hell didn't he try to stop the guy. What a tool, and then he has the nerve to talk to the press about it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
burmafrd;2169857 said:
I am waiting for Canadian - kind of goes against the whole image of Canada he has projecting for so long.

so your painting a picture of canadian people with this event?

I am curious do we know if the attacker was even from canada yet?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan;2170080 said:
Exactly, the guy they were talking to was in the seat right in front of them when the attack started. Why the hell didn't he try to stop the guy. What a tool, and then he has the nerve to talk to the press about it.

I could understand the majority of people just freaking out and the old fight or flight situation raises up and they run.

I could understand some people that may have a wife, child or person with problems with them so they take them to safety.

But you would think 1 or 2 people would have tried to do something.

Route 66

Reaction score
You're also looking at someone who has a big knife and not the time to team up with someone else and jump him.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Rowdy;2170398 said:
You're also looking at someone who has a big knife and not the time to team up with someone else and jump him.

Seriously. I would have been putting on my rain poncho like that scene from American Psycho.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2170422 said:
Picture of the kid who was beheaded at this article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7537675.stm

Damn sad.

This dude is a freaking nut, the killer I mean not the poor kid.

Did you read this part of the article...

One passenger, Garnet Caton, said many of the 37 passengers saw the attacker "cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up".

The attacker ran at them, Mr Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut to prevent him getting out.

"He calmly walks up to the front [of the bus] with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," Mr Caton said.

"There was no rage in him... It was just like he was a robot or something," he added.

The attack appeared to be unprovoked and it is thought the killer did not know his victim.

The killing and the way he killed the kid is not normal obviously. However witnesses saying he was not full of rage and seemed like a robot.

Wow that makes me think of the part in one of the hannibal lecter movies when the doc or cop was saying hannibal killed someone and in the hospital and his pulse never elevated.

Crazy Crazy stuff.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
zrinkill;2169698 said:
How could those people stand there and let that happen.

try that in texas. before the 2nd stabbing you're shot. : )

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
iceberg;2170557 said:
try that in texas. before the 2nd stabbing you're shot. : )

Someone should alert Canada that the state of Texas volunteers to try and sentence this individual.:D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Rowdy;2170398 said:

I will tell you right now .... there is no way I could have stood there and let that happen without trying to do something. ..... I would here that kids screams for the rest of my life.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2170596 said:
I will tell you right now .... there is no way I could have stood there and let that happen without trying to do something. ..... I would here that kids screams for the rest of my life.

Yes the sounds and the smells.

That always sticks with me over images.

Some things happened back in the day and to this day I still on occasion hear sounds or smell something that acts like a flashback.

The wife and I were getting out of the car one day to go into a shopping center. The combination of the Chinese restaurant smells, the dirty pavement and the fresh rain made me flash back to something in Korea. I just stopped and was stuck for a few seconds. Wife had to shake me and wondered what the heck happened.

Really freaky.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Do they have the death penalty in Canada?

edit: nvm, they don't.

dacarmelking210

Reaction score
ajk23az;2170764 said:
Do they have the death penalty in Canada?

edit: nvm, they don't.

If they don't execute the heathen that did this heinous crime, then I'll volunteer to do it for them. I'm usually not the biggest supporter of the death penalty, but in situations like this, there should be no other alternative: fry the b*stard...slowly.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
That would be something to see. What a freaky crazy whacked out scene that had to be.:chop: