18-year old beheaded on bus...

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
No, there isn't the death penalty in Canada.

As for why no one jumped in, apparantley the guy stabbed him 60-70 times. Check out this quote, its bone chilling.

"Caton said he heard a "blood-curdling scream" and turned around to see the attacker holding a large "Rambo" hunting knife above the victim, "continually stabbing him in the chest area."

"He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.

"Like, just everywhere, arms, legs, neck, chest, guts, wherever he could swing it, he got it," said Olmstead. "

This story got major play in Toronto this morning. And the guy who did it wasn't a Canadian, he was born in Asia, but looks to be a Canadian citizen.

suspectmug.jpg
Thats him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If he is a canadian citizen then he is canadian. At least that is what they claim.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
He's a Canadian by citizenship(Like myself) but not a full blooded Canadian.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Canadian he is and he is the one that done it. You are stuck with him.

Wonder how he became a citizen if he was this wacked out. Probably had a sob story and the dumb bureaucrats believed it.

jem88

Reaction score
Brandon;2171412 said:
He's a Canadian by citizenship(Like myself) but not a full blooded Canadian.
Full-blooded Canadian? The aboriginals are the only ones who can lay claim to that.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
One passenger, Garnet Caton, said many of the 37 passengers saw the attacker "cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up".

The attacker ran at them, Mr Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut to prevent him getting out.

"He calmly walks up to the front [of the bus] with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," Mr Caton said.

"There was no rage in him... It was just like he was a robot or something," he added.

The attack appeared to be unprovoked and it is thought the killer did not know his victim.

BrAinPaiNt;2170526 said:
This dude is a freaking nut, the killer I mean not the poor kid.

Did you read this part of the article...

The killing and the way he killed the kid is not normal obviously. However witnesses saying he was not full of rage and seemed like a robot.

Wow that makes me think of the part in one of the hannibal lecter movies when the doc or cop was saying hannibal killed someone and in the hospital and his pulse never elevated.

Crazy Crazy stuff.

That reminds me of the latest Halloween movie... the kid(Michael) emotionless. It was creepy.. now to hear about that in real life... chilling

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...an immigrant from China.

He was travelling to Winnipeg to leave his life and the marital problems he had in Edmonton.

He shared a smoke break with the kid before boarding the bus with him. There seemed to be no prior past between the victim and the suspect.

His previous employer told the media that he was a quiet fellow, but something was up with him before he left Alberta.

Sounds like much of the pieces being put together by the media point out to this guy snapping on the bus.

I wouldn't be surprised that this guy is incarcerated in a mental institution.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Absolutely unbelievable.

We'd all like to believe we'd do something if we saw something like this go down, but time after time when something like this happens, few people step up to the plate to really help out. It says something about the human animal, but I don't know what.

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2170057 said:
I have to wonder the same thing. Just like some of those shooting sprees at Universities...you would think one or two guys would try to do something.

The man was already screaming and cut up before anybody could do anything to save him I wish people would stop talkin about how canadians should have done something and all I have to say is what would you have done if you were on a bus and alll of a sudden this guy is choppin off a guys head.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The more I read about this the more it almost sems like the murderer was possessed...extremely creepy stuff. Kind of like a brainwashing or something.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
It means we learned long ago we live longer by flight than by fight.
Everyone likes to think they would do something, but odds are you would flee, unless special training comes in, there is more to boot camp than getting in shape and learning to shoot.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Unfortunately thats the way the law works now. Its pretty much goes like the most heinous crimes are always tried for mental disabilities and they get stuck in a mental hospital, it is ridiculous.

They should be put in prison to rot and die.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Liberals refuse to believe anyone is truly evil (unless you are a conservative) so those who do such things are always sick and must be helped.

Those that kill should themselves be killed in exactly the same manor as they killed. That is justice.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
burmafrd;2177316 said:
Liberals refuse to believe anyone is truly evil (unless you are a conservative) so those who do such things are always sick and must be helped.

Those that kill should themselves be killed in exactly the same manor as they killed. That is justice.

Exactly.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
ajk23az;2177012 said:
Unfortunately thats the way the law works now. Its pretty much goes like the most heinous crimes are always tried for mental disabilities and they get stuck in a mental hospital, it is ridiculous.

They should be put in prison to rot and die.

Guys like this should be fried, there is no point in keeping him around.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I have not posted in this thread, but I wanted to say something about the comments that nobody stepped in to help. Bravery in that instance probably would have only led to more victims unless someone else had a weapon. I was a fireman for 7 years. In that situation I can guarantee you the first protocol would be to get all other potential victims out of harms way. If after that he could be outnumbered and overpowered then and only then would protocol have been to try and overpower him.

Overpowering with numbers means being prepared to be hurt yourself if you do not have a weapon. A knife is extremely dangerous.

I seriously doubt anyone could have saved that young man. By the time people realized what was happening that young man's life was probably on its way out.

I am not a Police Officer but I would imagine they too would tell you that one victim is better than multiple victims.

These people prevented that man from escaping and they stayed alive. In the end, that is exactly the outcome Police and Rescue authorities would want. They lived through something terrible. In my opinion it is not fair to brand them as cowards for not trying to disarm a monster. How could they know whether or not he also had a gun?

If I had been there, like some of you, I want to believe I would have tried. Maybe they did try and had to retreat to save their own lives. We don't know. What we do know is that it could have been so much worse. Suppose he had got away into the woods and caused a manhunt. How do you know he couldn't have broken into a home and killed more innocent people? Maybe even children.

Unless someone on that bus had a gun and did not use it, none of them are cowards. Cowardice and heroism do not go hand in hand, and them preventing that maniac from escaping is heroic.

jem88

Reaction score
Hostile;2177823 said:
I have not posted in this thread, but I wanted to say something about the comments that nobody stepped in to help. Bravery in that instance probably would have only led to more victims unless someone else had a weapon. I was a fireman for 7 years. In that situation I can guarantee you the first protocol would be to get all other potential victims out of harms way. If after that he could be outnumbered and overpowered then and only then would protocol have been to try and overpower him.

Overpowering with numbers means being prepared to be hurt yourself if you do not have a weapon. A knife is extremely dangerous.

I seriously doubt anyone could have saved that young man. By the time people realized what was happening that young man's life was probably on its way out.

I am not a Police Officer but I would imagine they too would tell you that one victim is better than multiple victims.

These people prevented that man from escaping and they stayed alive. In the end, that is exactly the outcome Police and Rescue authorities would want. They lived through something terrible. In my opinion it is not fair to brand them as cowards for not trying to disarm a monster. How could they know whether or not he also had a gun?

If I had been there, like some of you, I want to believe I would have tried. Maybe they did try and had to retreat to save their own lives. We don't know. What we do know is that it could have been so much worse. Suppose he had got away into the woods and caused a manhunt. How do you know he couldn't have broken into a home and killed more innocent people? Maybe even children.

Unless someone on that bus had a gun and did not use it, none of them are cowards. Cowardice and heroism do not go hand in hand, and them preventing that maniac from escaping is heroic.
Excellent post, and here's an interesting article on the same issue: http://www.thestar.com/News/article/471507