1998 Game 6 NBA finals. More viewers than ave of last 3 yrs COMBINED

Nav22

Reaction score
I think free agency has also hurt the game. This business of the best players moving around every few years and recruiting each other to form super teams is nauseating. 80's Lakers/Celtics ..... that was basketball.

There are no real rivalries anymore.
And yet the game is growing.

LOL watching 1980s Lakers-Celtics games on YouTube makes it quite clear how much the game was grown. Horrific shot selection and zero floor spacing. Thank God those days are over.

Nav22

Reaction score
I felt as if we got a break w/ the Bucks last season, as they were closer to real basketball. First time I watched some games in a while.

Watching the Warriors is just numbing.
Yeah, who needs the insanely talented Steph Curry, a guy with no real physical gifts, totally dominate the sport that he essentially revolutionized single-handedly... when you can just watch the biggest, strongest, fastest guy run through everyone and just dunk the ball???

To each his own.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
I've been saying the NBA is a dying , niche sport for a long time. The style of play and collection of impossible to root for people playing the game has done in the brand. Look no further than the original Dream Team in 1992 to get a feel for how far the league has fallen. If the 2022 version of the "Dream Team" ever took the court, I'd be rooting for the opposition.
Oof. You should’ve scanned through the rest of the thread. League’s not exactly “dying”.
:lmao2: