1st down rushing numbers

1942willys

Reaction score
No, you have complained for an entire season now. You aren't fearful as a member of a moped biker gang...get lost now.

losers always praise the minimal accomplishment; welcome to that club

1942willys

Reaction score
To be transparent, Marvin Lewis had one 12 win season his entire career. It happened in 2015, the year that starter Andy Dalton was lost for the year in week 14. They were forced to go the rest of the way, including the rematch with the Steelers in the playoffs, with A.J. McCarron. The previous year they lost to a decent Colts team at Indy when Luck was coming off a 40 TD season. Lewis had Andy Dalton as his go to QB. I'm pretty sure if you gave him Joe Burrow, he might have found some real playoff success.

I'm not crowning Mike McCarthy in any way, but he has had a respectable 3 year run with this team. If he loses to Washington on Sunday that would be an enormous setback. If he loses to the Rams, Packers or Seattle in the first round, that's another major ding. I think "chest thumping" is probably overstating things. Maybe there are some tortured fans that live in a house with Eagles or Niners fans that have to have something to latch onto. Pity might be the best way to deal with those individuals.
Marvin lewis was their Ginger; gave ten years and never did much in the playoffs.
MM already is clearly better; is he better enough is the question.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There have been injuries up and down the OL for years, seemingly with “hope” being the plan going into every season.

I don’t think it matters what plan you have in place when multiple players on the OL can’t bend and flex enough to maintain leverage.
Average RB's can run threw holes. Stop paying RB's and fix the OLine.

TheHerd

Reaction score
That RB dive play out of the shotgun where linemen pull and leave weakside defenders unblocked hasn't worked all year. Its a bad play design but to keep calling it over and over is just nuts. You have to be somewhat delusional to see a play not work hundreds of times and think "yeah, this time. This is when it finally comes together!"
It's confounding.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s the O-Line coach. MM don’t seem to worry about seriously running the ball. Our O-Line may not be that great but these players don’t seem to be playing power run football. We have for years. I blame JG for letting our O-Line coach go and hire a bum that got fired at bye week. Brought in Colombo and it got slowly better. MM wouldnt even talk to him and he has went through 2 and our run game still has t been that great since he has arrived. I thought we signed Steele because he was a good run blocker. Get a power run coach in here.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s the O-Line coach. MM don’t seem to worry about seriously running the ball. Our O-Line may not be that great but these players don’t seem to be playing power run football. We have for years. I blame JG for letting our O-Line coach go and hire a bum that got fired at bye week. Brought in Colombo and it got slowly better. MM wouldnt even talk to him and he has went through 2 and our run game still has t been that great since he has arrived. I thought we signed Steele because he was a good run blocker. Get a power run coach in here.
Maybe Collins helps I think it's the scheme

CWR

Reaction score
Here are the rushing numbers on first down by our running backs

-3, 5, 3, 1, 3, -2, -1, -1, 10, 6, -1, 0

12 rushes for 20 yards. Dak is getting no help. We are immediately behind schedule. Either our Oline is grossly overrated or Pollard aint the guy since the injury.
I was screaming at my TV to stop running already. You have to run, but not every damn first down.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

12 rushes for 20 yards. Dak is getting no help. We are immediately behind schedule. Either our Oline is grossly overrated or Pollard aint the guy since the injury.
Good numbers and this is what I present to the dudes trashing clock management with Coach Mac.

How is that supposed to get us anywhere? Pass to make the run. Have no choice.

silvernblu

Reaction score

What made the Patriots so successful with Brady that on first down they would throw high percentage 6-7 yard passes to get into 2nd and short. That is the key.

2nd and 9+ puts offense in a big hole.