1st round predictions

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
you forget the kid in KC and one of the best tes over in Carolina? nothing to sneeze at

Calvin ridley is interesting but 4.35 is his best time, that fast but I'm thinking we need guy smaller and under 4.3 ..i don't know his game much as I'm not a AL fan..
With Beasley and Switzer I don't think a small guy is needed. A number 1 guy with size and speed is a much better option

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Until you have a TE good enough to take Witten off the field for you don't need to have the balls to do it.
You're weakening the offense when hes not out there
I agree at the TE spot but taking Witten off and getting Switzer some looks would open up the offense more.

Sydla

Reaction score
Until you have a TE good enough to take Witten off the field for you don't need to have the balls to do it.

They would never take snaps from him even if they had someone better.

cowboyec

Reaction score
this will change in a month...but today I think the pick will be Calvin Ridley,WR-bama or Maurice Hurst,DT-Michigan if Ridley is off the board.

btcutter

Reaction score
Don’t disagree. But when the other TEs can’t get on the field because he won’t come off the field how could we ever know what we got?!

How long have we known that Witten can’t stretch middle of the field? Yet we won’t put any TE who can out there
Hannah can go deep but we never make him?!

Hardline

Reaction score
Don’t disagree. But when the other TEs can’t get on the field because he won’t come off the field how could we ever know what we got?!

How long have we known that Witten can’t stretch middle of the field? Yet we won’t put any TE who can out there
Hannah can go deep but we never make him?!

btcutter

Reaction score

Give me a break. You cherry pick a few plays over the last 5 years to show he can go down the middle? 1-2 plays that goes for 10 yards?! He’s not the same player he was 5 years ago.
How more times does he catch a 5 yard pass and fall down?!

We don’t have a athletic TE that can stretch the middle. It’s a fact.

Hardline

Reaction score
Give me a break. You cherry pick a few plays over the last 5 years to show he can go down the middle? 1-2 plays that goes for 10 yards?! He’s not the same player he was 5 years ago.
How more times does he catch a 5 yard pass and fall down?!

We don’t have a athletic TE that can stretch the middle. It’s a fact.

Those 3 plays were THIS year.
You would have to cherry pick plays where he goes 5 yards and falls down. Witten doesn't go down unless he's tackled .
He' not some clumsy ox that trips over his own feet. The fact is he's never had break away speed and is basically playing as good now as he was 5 years ago.
Witten is better than 90 % of all the TE in the NFL.
All he does is catch everything thrown to him and moves the chains

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
You would have to cherry pick plays where he goes 5 yards and falls down. Witten doesn't go down unless he's tackled .
He' not some clumsy ox that trips over his own feet. The fact is he's never had break away speed and is basically playing as good now as he was 5 years ago.
The Eagles game was last year: At the end Romo came out to congratulate

btcutter

Reaction score

I love Witten but he is no longer an elite TE. Just the facts. He probably still blocks better than most TE out there but he is CANNOT stretch the middle. He can find holes in the middle for 5-10 yds but he won't help you stretch the middle. He is at best the 3rd best TE in NFC East.

Hardline

Reaction score
I love Witten but he is no longer an elite TE. Just the facts. He probably still blocks better than most TE out there but he is CANNOT stretch the middle. He can find holes in the middle for 5-10 yds but he won't help you stretch the middle. He is at best the 3rd best TE in NFC East.
Did you not see the plays where he literally goes downfield and beats defenders? He is elite when it comes to catching the ball. He's never been big on YAC.

btcutter

Reaction score
Did you not see the plays where he literally goes downfield and beats defenders? He is elite when it comes to catching the ball. He's never been big on YAC.

Yes, I seen them all. I watch all except the last game this year. Did he make a few big plays....yes. But you have to be honest with yourself. Same with this coaching staff. He CANNOT stretch the middle of the field anymore. Our passing game is awful partly because none of our receivers can stretch the field vertically.
Hurts me to say it. But I'll take Ertz and Engram over Witten at this point in their careers. Reed from Wash is too injury prone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
all this witten talk , we have larger issues and at this point our roster is full of TEs , IMO its the last postion we need to draft regardless of wittens status..we have what 4 Tes behind witten Rico, Hannah, swaim, and that new kid we picked up late off practice squad to protect him..so why in the world would we draft another?

sure ,maybe its time to start giving say 5 more snaps to the backups in pass routes and pull witten more and give him fresh legs for later in games maybe..Ill agree its time for that but also agree its hard to pull him off field, our memory's are skewed sometimes and as much as all our players had off seasons numbers wise heres the entire top TEs in the nfl list, wittns ranked 7th yes 7th in the nfl ahead of Watson, graham, Rudolph and others etc..we are so used to seeing him top 3 that we all of sudden realize he had normal instead of great year..only two were heads and tails above him..that link shows reality..yes even YPC aren't far off from the average in the top 10..hes still productive and can block and never seems to get hurt unlike the 3 other TEs we have on our roster..???

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

cnuball21

Reaction score
Here's my newest...Ogbonnia Okorokwo will be the first pass rusher off the board not named Chubb.

Top 20 pick.

Bigdog

Reaction score
If Roquan Smith is there they should be sprinting to the podium. The only other player I would pick if he is there is Nelson the guard from Notre Dame.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Quenton Nelson,G-Notre Dame.....will go in the top 5....and most likly......gulp....nyg.

Sydla

Reaction score

He’s not as good as he was 5 years ago.

Sydla

Reaction score
all this witten talk , we have larger issues and at this point our roster is full of TEs , IMO its the last postion we need to draft regardless of wittens status..we have what 4 Tes behind witten Rico, Hannah, swaim, and that new kid we picked up late off practice squad to protect him..so why in the world would we draft another?

sure ,maybe its time to start giving say 5 more snaps to the backups in pass routes and pull witten more and give him fresh legs for later in games maybe..Ill agree its time for that but also agree its hard to pull him off field, our memory's are skewed sometimes and as much as all our players had off seasons numbers wise heres the entire top TEs in the nfl list, wittns ranked 7th yes 7th in the nfl ahead of Watson, graham, Rudolph and others etc..we are so used to seeing him top 3 that we all of sudden realize he had normal instead of great year..only two were heads and tails above him..that link shows reality..yes even YPC aren't far off from the average in the top 10..hes still productive and can block and never seems to get hurt unlike the 3 other TEs we have on our roster..???

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

And I’d trade him for One of those three without blinking.