Reaction score
Christian Kirk
Billy Price
Derwin James
Orlando Brown
Vita Vea
Tremaine Edmunds

Not necessarily in that order

I really don't get why people are down on Kirk. Electric playmaker in the top conference. Consistent despite the cluster**** at QB he dealt with last year. Game changing speed. Explosive out of breaks. Consistent hands with large catch radius. Works the middle of the field. Team leader. Sturdy build. Game changing KR/PR

cnuball21

Reaction score
Christian Kirk
Billy Price
Derwin James
Orlando Brown
Vita Vea
Tremaine Edmunds

I really don't get why people are down on Kirk. Electric playmaker in the top conference. Consistent despite the cluster**** at QB he dealt with last year. Game changing speed. Explosive out of breaks. Consistent hands with large catch radius. Works the middle of the field. Team leader. Sturdy build. Game changing KR/PR

I'd say it has more to do with his limited route tree and how he racked up a lot of yards on quick hitches, screens and gos.

I like everything you mentioned, but to me he's more athlete than football player. As I've mentioned similar to Cordarrel Patterson and Tavon Austin in a way.

Not a top 20 pick IMO but I'd happily take him in the 2nd.

DanA

Reaction score
If I was to take a guess.

19. Maurice Hurst or Derwin James
Trade back consideration would be Isaiah Wynn
Trade up considerations would be Calvin Ridley

52. Will Hernandez or Anthony Miller.

If we don't take an early WR I think we'd probably go in for Antonio Callaway too.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'd say it has more to do with his limited route tree and how he racked up a lot of yards on quick hitches, screens and gos.

I like everything you mentioned, but to me he's more athlete than football player. As I've mentioned similar to Cordarrel Patterson and Tavon Austin in a way.

Not a top 20 pick IMO but I'd happily take him in the 2nd.

Not in the games I have watched. I've seen several big plays on smoke routes and WR screens but I saw an equal number on gos and near as many on fades and posts. I saw him blow by guys on slants, flags, fades, and outs. Sure he rounds his out and in cuts but nonetheless he is so quick he still gets separation.

Those are terrible comparisons. It seems to be more about their failure in the NFL than actual similarities.

Cordarrelle Patterson is nowhere near as quick or sudden. He ran a pedestrian 4.40 shuttle and bad 7.28 3 cone for all his long speed. Further he had one year at TN and managed 740 yards. He's never had good hands. Kirk had 3 straight seasons of 70+ catches and 950+ yards.

Kirk has 4 inches of height and 25 lbs on Austin. Completely different type of WR.

He reminds me of a heavier Will Fuller with better hands. That is the speed/quickness/height combination that Kirk has. People claimed that Fuller wasn't worth the 21 pick using the same type of reasoning I see here.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Kirk would be fine if Romo was walking through the door. I don’t see the fit with Dak.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If I was to take a guess.

19. Maurice Hurst or Derwin James
Trade back consideration would be Isaiah Wynn
Trade up considerations would be Calvin Ridley

52. Will Hernandez or Anthony Miller.

If we don't take an early WR I think we'd probably go in for Antonio Callaway too.

Sup Dan! Glad to see you made it over!

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I predict unless Smith, Edmunds, or Ridley fall to 19. The pick is going to be DL or OL. I’m 100% convinced about it.

I see their realistic Targets as:

Roquan Smith LB
Ridley WR
Edmunds LB
(If top 3 targets are gone then):

Landry DE
Hurst DT
Hernandez OG
Davenport DE
Brown OT

IMO Would all be targets. If 3-4 those guys are still on the board @19 we may trade back if we have similar grades on all of them.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
I predict unless Smith, Edmunds, or Ridley fall to 19. The pick is going to be DL or OL. I’m 100% convinced about it.

Roquan Smith LB
Ridley WR
Edmunds LB

Landry DE
Hurst DT
Hernandez OG
Davenport DE
Brown OT

IMO Would all be targets. If 3-4 those guys are still on the board @19 we may trade back if we have similar grades on all of them.
I'm agreeing....if Ridley or Hurst are both gone...I think the pick is Isaiah Wynn,Georgia or Will Hernandez,Utep.

Im good with any of the guys on your list.

DanA

Reaction score

Roquan Smith LB
Ridley WR
Edmunds LB

Landry DE
Hurst DT
Hernandez OG
Davenport DE
Brown OT

That's pretty much how I see it. I'd add Derwin James and make it a top 4 and then add Isaiah Wynn and Vita Vea to the list of linemen that will be in the mix. But essentially the same thinking. I also think trade down is a possibility because there seems to be quite few that are ahrd to separate in the OG and DT positions. Maybe Billy Price and Frank Ragnow could be in the mix but I have no idea how they'd go at guard as opposed to center.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That's pretty much how I see it. I'd add Derwin James and make it a top 4 and then add Isaiah Wynn and Vita Vea to the list of linemen that will be in the mix. But essentially the same thinking. I also think trade down is a possibility because there seems to be quite few that are ahrd to separate in the OG and DT positions. Maybe Billy Price and Frank Ragnow could be in the mix but I have no idea how they'd go at guard as opposed to center.

I would not be happy if we took a G not named Nelson at 19.

If the board is wiped out, I'd much rather trade down to the bottom of the first and still have a great chance at:

Hernandez
Wynn
Price
Etc...

Gaede

Reaction score
Christian Kirk
Billy Price
Derwin James
Orlando Brown
Vita Vea
Tremaine Edmunds

Exactly the kind of player we need on offense