2 DMN Writers Saying Parcells Will Not Return...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
...next year. Matt Mosley and Tim Cowlishaw are now on record as saying Parcells won't be back next year, no matter if he wants to come back and despite Jerry's public statements that he wants him back.

I know a lot of you think all the writers are idiots, but something tells me these two have heard some interesting talk behind the scenes that makes them confident to say that in their latest articles.

I would hope Jerry has someone else lined up if the talk is true.

Thoughts?...

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Speculation, it's what they do. Parcells probably doesn't know today, what he's going to do.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My sources tell me Bill is gone................I feel bad about that.
NOT!

Derinyar

Reaction score
Theres also more to it than what Bill wants. If Jerry decides he doesn't want Bill back, Bill's wishes become rather secondary.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1297408 said:
I know a lot of you think all the writers are idiots, but something tells me these two have heard some interesting talk behind the scenes that makes them confident to say that in their latest articles.
I agree on that. It's easy to call them brainless fools, but these writers do know and talk to people around the team, and have a lot more knowledge than they can always go public with.

cowboy4life

"I Love Me Some Me." Hit The Bricks, *******. Team
Reaction score
Derinyar;1297427 said:
Theres also more to it than what Bill wants. If Jerry decides he doesn't want Bill back, Bill's wishes become rather secondary.

Jerry says he wants Parcells back, but does Parcells want to come back? I think he does.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
My biggest problem is I saw it someplace that Barry Switzer was seen visiting Valley Ranch.......

STSINAZ

Reaction score
as long as barry doesnt come back! knowing jerrah he would do something like that

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1297447 said:
I agree on that. It's easy to call them brainless fools, but these writers do know and talk to people around the team, and have a lot more knowledge than they can always go public with.

the guy from espn 103.3 (I think his name is Shore) said he asked "a player he trusts alot" if Parcells was going to be back, he said the guy wouldnt answer but then shook his head "no"

David

jimmy40

Reaction score
Bigdog24;1297469 said:
My biggest problem is I saw it someplace that Barry Switzer was seen visiting Valley Ranch.......
probably forgot where his gun was again.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;1297763 said:
the guy from espn 103.3 (I think his name is Shore) said he asked "a player he trusts alot" if Parcells was going to be back, he said the guy wouldnt answer but then shook his head "no"

David
Hmm, and Shore is very solid. No schtick or agenda from him... He's just a good reporter.

'Course, this assumes that people around the team know. I'm not sure even Parcells knows.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1297813 said:
Hmm, and Shore is very solid. No schtick or agenda from him... He's just a good reporter.

'Course, this assumes that people around the team know. I'm not sure even Parcells knows.

I dunno...maybe he does know and has already told Jones...

regardless, I dont think Jones wants any perception out there that he wants to fire Parcells or doesnt want him back...reasons:

1) he has to hire somebody good to replace him...Parcells has alot of respect league wide, if Jones embarasses Parcells it sends up red flags

2) I think he genuinely likes Parcells and feels bad about how he handled the Landry thing...he doesnt want a repeat

3) by firing Parcells after dumping Gailey and Campo (who were both mistakes) so fast, it promotes the perceptions of extreme instability....new potential coaches might think "hmm, if I dont win 11 or 12 games next yr I am gone"

David

Reaction score
dbair1967;1297822 said:
2) I think he genuinely likes Parcells and feels bad about how he handled the Landry thing...he doesnt want a repeat

Who cares?

Purcells has done nothing here and certainly isn't a Dallas coaching legend.

This guy has proven nothing as the Cowboys coach except that his teams constantly fold.