2 DMN Writers Saying Parcells Will Not Return...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
So then why has Jerry has gone out of his way 4 times to state that he emphatically wants Bill Parcells back?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is, we may be worse of without him...but we KNOW this is as far as we are going with him.

So, what the heck, if .500 is the goal, keep him.

If not, let's roll the dice.

IF we weren't so afraid of Jerry's decision making, there would be alot less anxiety about this. The truth is, we're more afraid of Jerry than we are of losing Parcells.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think you're right on #2, David... I think he truly likes and respects Parcells, and doesn't want to embarrass him. That's all I can figure out, anyway.

A part of me agrees with ManicDepressive, though. Part of me wishes Jerry would come out and say that these repeated underachieving stretch drives are unacceptable, and it doesn't matter what your name is or your resume says. I'm not worried about coaches wanting to coach here... Not at all.

Gordon

Reaction score
I'm not a BP supporter by any means, but I want him back for one more year. He's obviously still one of the better coaches out there, and I want us to be involved in the Cowher sweepstakes next year.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Gordon;1297860 said:
I'm not a BP supporter by any means, but I want him back for one more year. He's obviously still one of the better coaches out there, and I want us to be involved in the Cowher sweepstakes next year.

You just want him back so you can keep your sig pic.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Juke99;1297853 said:
Fact of the matter is, we may be worse of without him...but we KNOW this is as far as we are going with him.

IF we weren't so afraid of Jerry's decision making, there would be alot less anxiety about this. The truth is, we're more afraid of Jerry than we are of losing Parcells.
That's basically my stance. I won't be for getting rid of Parcells until I know who the replacement is (and am please with the replacement). Until that point, I don't want Bill going anywhere.

I wasn't for getting rid of Bledsoe (or Vinny for that matter) in the past couple of years until I knew who the replacement would be. Once it was clear Romo was the replacement I was all for it.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I also heard today that Darren Woodson was on TV this week saying if the Cowboys didn't win this week that Parcells wouldn't be back.

That's a lot of talk. One thing is sure Jerry can't be satisfied for all the $$ he has spent the past 4 years.

zack

Reaction score
Who cares about them scrub writers. All of us can speculate. It is 50/50. They just happen to have a pen that writes in a Dallas Newspaper.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;1297853 said:

Stop making sense Sally.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Jerry Jones replaces his son, Stephen, with Parcells as General Manager.

Parcells, as GM then hires a new coach, who in turn, hires a completely new staff.

cowboyed

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1297413 said:
Speculation, it's what they do. Parcells probably doesn't know today, what he's going to do.

Usually they speculate by hedging i.e., if, depending, etc...but they reported it very assuredly. So that is really going out on a limb for two established and credible writers. They do have their little moles at Valley Ranch.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboyed;1298189 said:
Usually they speculate by hedging i.e., if, depending, etc...but they reported it very assuredly. So that is really going out on a limb for two established and credible writers. They do have their little moles at Valley Ranch.
Interestingly enough, Chris Mortenson has been saying he was going to retire for the past two years. He has his little moles around Parcells as well. Now he's saying he's not going to retire. I guess that means he is going to retire.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1297408 said:
...next year. Matt Mosley and Tim Cowlishaw are now on record as saying Parcells won't be back next year, no matter if he wants to come back and despite Jerry's public statements that he wants him back.

I know a lot of you think all the writers are idiots, but something tells me these two have heard some interesting talk behind the scenes that makes them confident to say that in their latest articles.

I would hope Jerry has someone else lined up if the talk is true.

Thoughts?...

Nick Saban:D

DipChit

Reaction score
I'm in for a new HC cause I'll be interested to see how far the team can take him. ;)

Hunter71

Reaction score
Well...

JJ is on record today per ESPN.com as saying that he wants BOTH TO and Parcells back...

So, I guess this decision will be Parcells' and not JJ's...

cowboyed

Reaction score
theogt;1298198 said:
Interestingly enough, Chris Mortenson has been saying he was going to retire for the past two years. He has his little moles around Parcells as well. Now he's saying he's not going to retire. I guess that means he is going to retire.

Well we all know Morty hears voices....