Twitter: 2 Minutes of McCarthy Saying Nothing

Doomsday101

Reaction score
McCarthy has not impressed me one bit. The coordinators have been much more impressive than McCarthy. Those coordinators he had nothing to do with either. Moore was already here and Quinn got the job because McCarthy wanted to hire one of his buddies that couldn't even hack it a year.

McCarthy is a weak link in an otherwise good chain.

Jimmy hired Shula when he got to Dallas and it looked like crap so Shula was fired and Norv brought in. So this crap about he hired Nolan and Nolan failed? so what, he did not continue, he was let go and Quinn brought in. Again for me it is simple, win and contend for a championship and you bet I would keep McCarthy as any organizations would. Who is going to fire a HC after winning the SB? Oh Yeah Jerry did but hope we would not see a repeat of that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jimmy hired Shula when he got to Dallas and it looked like crap so Shula was fired and Norv brought in. So this crap about he hired Nolan and Nolan failed? so what, he did not continue, he was let go and Quinn brought in. Again for me it is simple, win and contend for a championship and you bet I would keep McCarthy as any organizations would. Who is going to fire a HC after winning the SB? Oh Yeah Jerry did but hope we would not see a repeat of that.
Any way you slice it, McCarthy looks like the weak link in the chain to me when compared to Quinn and Moore.

Aftershock

Reaction score
LOL you can tell fat mike is sick and tired of hearing questions about analytics in his PC's, just look at his face after the question was asked

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Any way you slice it, McCarthy looks like the weak link in the chain to me when compared to Quinn and Moore.

That is how you see it, however Moore and Quinn answer to McCarthy. HC is a different animal which why we see many former OC and DC who were great at their roles fail as HC. The league is littered with coordinators who could not cut it in the role of HC having to over see not just a group of players but an entire team of players. Quinn himself talked about the humbling experience from being viewed as a top DC to failing as a HC. I like Moore and hope he is with us for a long time but fans will turn on him in a heartbeat should he be handed the job of HC

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I don't need to listen. No way McC can justify the stupidity I saw at the end of the first half Monday night.

Actually it was a chess move and he had a point about being backed up. It could have been a disaster where the eagles got points and us going into halftime up less, and the eagles getting the ball back to cut the lead even close had they scored again after halftime.

McCarthy was looking at the big picture while cowboy fans and media had tunnel vision.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no pleasing too many of our fans. The HC explains why he does what he does and it's never heard.

Will winning ever be enough? Apparently, not. Let's not become sources of distraction and poor morale! :rolleyes:

As long as this organization hires human beings, there'll never be anyone here who performs flawlessly. o_O

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Why else was he fired in GB and will eventually lose his job in Dallas to Kellen Moore?
he was fired in green bay because the f/o sided with aaron rodgers.

as for the other part....there is no evidence that he will lose his job here...not til his contract is up.
but if we keep playing well...he'll get an extension.
mccarthy is doin well.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That is how you see it, however Moore and Quinn answer to McCarthy. HC is a different animal which why we see many former OC and DC who were great at their roles fail as HC. The league is littered with coordinators who could not cut it in the role of HC having to over see not just a group of players but an entire team of players. Quinn himself talked about the humbling experience from being viewed as a top DC to failing as a HC. I like Moore and hope he is with us for a long time but fans will turn on him in a heartbeat should he be handed the job of HC
They answer to Jerry.

McCarthy is a placeholder. I highly doubt anyone truly answers to him. I doubt he has much power at all.

The fans have every right to expect the best out of their coaches. If Moore is horrible and they turn on him then so be it. That's the life of a coach. Be better.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
he was fired in green bay because the f/o sided with aaron rodgers.

as for the other part....there is no evidence that he will lose his job here...not til his contract is up.
but if we keep playing well...he'll get an extension.
mccarthy is doin well.
Jerry is not going to allow his home grown product Kellen Moore to just walk to someone else's arms.

We all know how Jerry feels about stuff like that.

CWR

Reaction score
When he chooses to be aggressive vs conservative is purely random.

BS on analytics and flow of game. It's as if he flips a coin.

I'm not going to punk on his too much after winning, but it is a concern going forward. Let's not kid ourselves.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They answer to Jerry.

McCarthy is a placeholder. I highly doubt anyone truly answers to him. I doubt he has much power at all.

The fans have every right to expect the best out of their coaches. If Moore is horrible and they turn on him then so be it. That's the life of a coach. Be better.

Well then Moore would be nothing but a place holder. Parcells who actually worked for Jerry and knows Jerry seems to have a much different view of Jones than do fans who do not actually know Jerry nor have ever worked for him. Jerry as GM clearly has a voice guess what so do 31 other GM in the NFL. If things are not going as the GM wants he is going to take action after all it is the role of GM.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Don't have a problem with what he did. That night our offense sucked when we started inside of the 20. Was 3 points really worth it after being up 2 scores already? What's the point of being greedy. What if a fumble happens or Dak throws a INT. Then what? The eagles are back in the game and get the ball back.

Praxit

Reaction score
...you want him to spill all the beans? Media is BS period. MM knows to keep things general. Vanilla with few sprinkles.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now you know why McC makes Booger comfortable. He actually makes Booger interviews make sense by comparison.

If this was a one off, I'd say no problem but this is not the first time questionable sideline management has come up with McC.

And here's where his answers go sideways and contradict his comments about analytics he referred to last year. There are no variables and taking the conservative approach with analytics. It is the exact opposite of that. You always go with the numbers.

The guy that brought the term into the game is a high school coach at Pulaski in AR and he made videos about this approach and what it isn't is analytics vs conservative. If a coach embraces analytics, there is no other choice and there are no variables, that is the basis for analytics. it is all a numbers game.