Twitter: 2 Minutes of McCarthy Saying Nothing

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
McCarthy has not impressed me one bit. The coordinators have been much more impressive than McCarthy. Those coordinators he had nothing to do with either. Moore was already here and Quinn got the job because McCarthy wanted to hire one of his buddies that couldn't even hack it a year.

McCarthy is a weak link in an otherwise good chain.
Exactly correct. The OC and DC coordinator have been doing there job and the HC isn't doing his.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Really, and if the Cowboys called their timeouts to get the ball back only to have a turnover and allow Philly to score before the half and then Philly then have the ball to start the second half that could get them back in the game if they, score what would you be whining about then??

I have no issue with the call not to use the timeouts, you were dominating the game, no reason to risk a turnover, allowing Philly to get back in the game, get to the half on a positive note
You have the perfect name then.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Mccarthy was talking about the Philly game if you got off-topic since the OP that's your problem, not mine.

You talk and don't make any sense!

U "What do you not understand about him trusting the defense? Conservative football is not a bad option when you are in control of the game"

Me "So why not stay conservative and kick the FG at the end of the game on 4th and 2? Sounds more like he’s an erratic gambler or someone who’s not paying close attention to the situation. Same thing happened at the end of the first half against the bucs or the chargers I forget which one but it was poor clock management then too. This guys gonna cost us a game or 2, same as JG."

U "We were up by 20 pts. Running the score up is not "conservative"."

Me "When were we up by 20pts?"

U "At the end of the game."

Me :facepalm:

U :omg::huh:

You make no sense and no sense is nonsense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You talk and don't make any sense!

U "What do you not understand about him trusting the defense? Conservative football is not a bad option when you are in control of the game"

Me "So why not stay conservative and kick the FG at the end of the game on 4th and 2? Sounds more like he’s an erratic gambler or someone who’s not paying close attention to the situation. Same thing happened at the end of the first half against the bucs or the chargers I forget which one but it was poor clock management then too. This guys gonna cost us a game or 2, same as JG."

U "We were up by 20 pts. Running the score up is not "conservative"."

Me "When were we up by 20pts?"

U "At the end of the game."

Me :facepalm:

U :omg::huh:

You make no sense and no sense is nonsense.
Your inability to keep up is not my problem. I'm not going to cry for you. Maybe that worked on your teachers or your parents but in the real world stupid is just stupid. The nonsense is your inability to keep up.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
1:50 left on the clock, 2 time outs, and it's 3rd and 24. To let them burn the clock was a ridiculous decision.

It didn't matter in this game but that kind of hesitancy loses close games against better opponents.
100% agree. If you do not think you are a good enough team to try to leverage this into and extra possession then you might as well just give up. Possessions are incredible valuable and they threw one away like it wasn't worth anything. Down the road that extra possession will be the difference between winning and losing.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Your inability to keep up is not my problem. I'm not going to cry for you. Maybe that worked on your teachers or your parents but in the real world stupid is just stupid. The nonsense is your inability to keep up.
See spot run.
JoeKing "who"

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
See spot run.
JoeKing "who"
You mad, bro?

trollface.png

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know when the ref is looking at you like you're a complete idiot, you're a complete idiot.
Jerry needs to hire somebody to stay with him at all times telling him when to wipe.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't like the decision, but the title of this thread is nonsense. He explained what his thoughts were and what they discussed in reaching the decision they did.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
3/3 60 yd fg, settling for a long fg vs LAC, this debacle on 3rd&24 w 2 TOs. He’s going to cost us a game soon

I have to agree with you on this one. His time management especially in crunch time would concern me if I were a Boys fan, but hey…I have my own problems with the boring duo of Judge and Garrett. It could always be worse.

Fwiw, I’d take MM over Joe Judge any day because at least he knows how to delegate important matters, like calling plays and making game plans, to smart people. Judge may have been forced to hire Garrett, but most knowledgeable people know Jason Garrett should be coaching 10 year Pee Wee football, not the 2021 NFL.

But, getting back to MM…he seriously needs to also delegate under two minute clock management to another smart person. You can’t count on very long FGs to win it for you.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly correct. The OC and DC coordinator have been doing there job and the HC isn't doing his.
Wouldn't a head coach that takes advantage of having good people under him be doing a good job? Granted clock management has been a concern, but otherwise I don't see where there has been a problem.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's nothing, he said nothing for 12 hours in the interview and got hired on the spot.

Nothing makes Booger more comfortable than a mute HC.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's nothing that counts for an NFL HC more than a team's record. As long as that record logs enough W's, there's likely no problem. So far this year, it appears McCarthy is on track for continued employment. Hopefully, the winning will continue to be acceptable.