2 rookies to watch in camp

RonWashington

Reaction score
Have heard alot of good things about WR Ryan Flournoy and let’s face it after the top 3 on the depth chart the WR depth positions are wide open and hopefully a Flournoy makes the most of it and is dressed game one catching passes in Sept .

At RB a Nathaniel Peat who carved out a nice college career and also a ST player can certainly make some noise in camp and contribute on ST but let’s face it the RB jobs are there for the taking . Can’t wait for camp to start .

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Camp should be fun because there are several significant roles up for grabs. Cowboys really need an RB to step up to provide that spark so Peat should have a chance. Lots up for grabs wr3 through 5.

gtb1943

Reaction score
the third WR is mostly depth as the number of times you have three of them out there is not that great when you have a very good receiving TE and we do
so the #4 WR is really just depth and to be blunt it takes injuries for him to matter unless he blows the doors off in training camp

As regards RB, you never really know who will get hot and stand out
or maybe the whole bunch will stink
until the pads come on its all just hot air

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lots of intrigue going into this training camp with many new faces and some new old faces. Is Mazi going to live up to his 1st round status? Will a RB emerge? And we’ll finally get a look at Lance. :starspin:
Is this Muks last chance.
Thats what camp is all about is finding a player like RB Peat that the OP mentioned, if he shines then a player like Muk is getting bumped.
Not picking on Muk specifically, just using as prime example for time to step it up or see ya later 2024.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Have heard alot of good things about WR Ryan Flournoy and let’s face it after the top 3 on the depth chart the WR depth positions are wide open and hopefully a Flournoy makes the most of it and is dressed game one catching passes in Sept .

At RB a Nathaniel Peat who carved out a nice college career and also a ST player can certainly make some noise in camp and contribute on ST but let’s face it the RB jobs are there for the taking . Can’t wait for camp to start .
Peat will be our Malik Davis

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the third WR is mostly depth as the number of times you have three of them out there is not that great when you have a very good receiving TE and we do
so the #4 WR is really just depth and to be blunt it takes injuries for him to matter unless he blows the doors off in training camp

As regards RB, you never really know who will get hot and stand out
or maybe the whole bunch will stink
until the pads come on its all just hot air
IMG-0492.gif

Didn’t take you long.

CWR

Reaction score
Lots of intrigue going into this training camp with many new faces and some new old faces. Is Mazi going to live up to his 1st round status? Will a RB emerge? And we’ll finally get a look at Lance. :starspin:
I predict Dowdle claims the top rb spot based on performance, but Zeke heavily in the mix. The line will be physical and compliment a physical back.

Mazi is unfortunate, but I don't expect a rebound. There's more to his story that we aren't privileged to.

Overshown becomes an immediate contributor and shines at times. The oline gels and is a more physical, better version of what we've had the last couple seasons.

All and all this draft pays immediate dividends. I won't predict getting past the divisional round though. I don't believe we are currently there. Maybe later in the year we will be.

Lance will make some plays but struggle with consistency and by no means be considered a replacement for Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I predict Dowdle claims the top rb spot based on performance, but Zeke heavily in the mix. The line will be physical and compliment a physical back.

Mazi is unfortunate, but I don't expect a rebound. There's more to his story that we aren't privileged to.

Overshown becomes an immediate contributor and shines at times. The oline gels and is a more physical, better version of what we've had the last couple seasons.

All and all this draft pays immediate dividends. I won't predict getting past the divisional round though. I don't believe we are currently there. Maybe later in the year we will be.

Lance will make some plays but struggle with consistency and by no means be considered a replacement for Dak.
Yeah Mazi is a big question mark. If he doesn’t show improvement I think we’ll start hearing real reasons why slip out.

Sure looks like you’ll be right about the RB’s. Dowdle has showed some promise but can he bear the load of a full season and maybe someone else will show up in training camp.

I really feel the defense is going to be fundamentally better than in years past. Zimmer’s a disciplinarian who will get them focused. The run defense will be better for sure. Need the young linebackers to step up. Secondary is solid if not exceptional.

plasticman

Reaction score
My two rookies are on the D-line.

I'll be taking a good look at Kneeland. I hope he is legit. It would allow Parsons to roam more and be less of a target to a double team.

It would be an extra special bonus if Justin Rogers shocked us. He's my pet cat this season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My two rookies are on the D-line.

I'll be taking a good look at Kneeland. I hope he is legit. It would allow Parsons to roam more and be less of a target to a double team.

It would be an extra special bonus if Justin Rogers shocked us. He's my pet cat this season.
Hope Kneeland proves his draft status. The defense in general, is going to be interesting to watch as it will be totally different. Usually in preseason games you only get basic vanilla looks but with Zimmer’s defense we haven’t even seen what that is. And I really hope one of these RB’s show up. Won’t be long now.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I hope Peat surprises everyone

visionary

Reaction score
People just don’t understand but DT are the core of the run defense
If Mazi struggles, we will have significant problems with run defense
The discipline Zim brings will make us better but to be a top 10 defense at years end our DTs have to be really really good